My buyers are not rating my gig

vmackey

Question

• Answers 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @ghostblogger: Someone raised you right 🙂 Worked in a restaurant…NEVER asked for a tip. Never needed to. 🙂 I always take great care to give a seller every chance I can. In the past, I have given so many the sellers used to ask “Oh? You STILL want me to fix that?” as if I stopped asking. I almost gave up on this site.

I wholeheartedly agree: Buyers not allowing the seller to fix the problem should be bared from leaving FEEDBACK. I also agree with your idea about the revision policy. I would also like to suggest that there be a policy in place that refunds the buyer if the seller refuses to make good on claims. If he or she promises unlimited revisions, they ought to have to specify what that means. If they honestly do not know what unlimited means and don’t specify, then they should not be paid until the buyer is satisfied. Why use the word if you do not know what it means? (And YES I know people that do them 🙂

@ oldbittygrandma After reading your many insightful posts here, I do believe if anyone deserves a tip it is you, and I trust that no matter how you present your request to your buyers none could possible take offense. I expect many will thank you for reminding them. Thank you very much for sharing your expertise concerning Fiverr, it is truly helpful to me and I hope to others, as well. Thanks

I was raised to believe if you have to ask for a raise you probably do not deserve it. However, asking for a rating is important, because buyers simply do not understand the impact it has on a seller. On the other hand, it is similar to peeking in a key hole you may see something you did not expect or be careful of what you wish for, (pick an analogy). I do believe it is important to remind buyers in a gentle way that comments are appreciated. I do get perturbed however, when the wait staff in a restaurant reminds me to tip in not so subtle ways.

I expect honest feedback but I would prefer negative feedback be presented so it can be used to correct the current and future problems. Buyers that do not give the seller a chance to correct the problem should not be allowed to leave a comment in my opinion. There should be a revision policy in place that requires the buyers to give the seller at least one chance to fix the problem. I have not had a problem as of yet but everyone will at one time or another, percentage wise there is no escaping this fact.

Great discussion: This is how the process works presenting an idea and letting everyone sand off the rough edges. I believe if a buyer does not know they are getting a bargain at 5 dollars (who is to say it is a bargain in some cases), then my reminding them of that will not help in my opinion. I simply will not ask for a tip, that is just the way I am, but I certainly applaud anyone that can and will do so. Thanks to everyone, if I tried to mention all by name I fear I would leave someone out, so please assume I am talking to you when I say thank you very much!

Hi, everyone. I am so glad I found this forum. You guys really do help a lot. I have been on fiverr for some months but still consider myself a newbie. Thank you again to all. OBT, a special thank you, I used a hybrid of your ‘thank you’ messages. Fingers crossed I actually get a good first rating.

Excellent response @anarchofighter I believe I do not deserve a pat on the back for doing what is expected of me. I simply expect what was agreed to. I always over deliver, and have received tips three times the gig price because of it, and yet it never crossed my mind to remind anyone how great I think I am. However, buyers should reward those that have gone “above and beyond” and I believe the buyer gets to decide who went above and beyond not the seller.

I wish I could buy some people for what they are really worth and sell them what they think they are worth, there is large profit to be made there I believe.

oldbittygrandma said: IMPORTANT

Before I send the reminder, with regards to feedback, there was one instance recently, where the buyer DID leave feedback, but it did not appear on the order, but it DID appear on the gig feedback page...so before sending a reminder, I suggest checking the gig page, scroll down to feedback to make sure the buyer did not leave feedback, BEFORE sending them a reminder.

Mine was the other way around. I replied to the buyer's positive feedback. It appeared on the order page, but didn't on the feedback page! :-w

Similarly, I get more feedback because I ask for it 🙂

My system is slightly different.

I’ve taken to numbering my uploads

So Step 1 might be a foundation document

Step 2 Might be some specific critique/work for the order

And then

Step 3 Is my after delivery check list. One of the things I do, is not only ask them to leave feedback, I suggest to them things they can say, even to copy and paste if they don’t have much time 🙂

Copy and paste is a jewel.

I change the file every few days when I see people have used the c/p

@OldBittyGrandma and others:

I also see no problem in making it clear you have a tip jar and how to use it.

I’m totally okay with “offending” someone who is offended. I prefer to polarize. I prefer to sort and sift. I want to deal with the people who are like: Oh, that’s great! I had no idea what to do and I feel as if you deserve more than the system provides you for your efforts.

Clearly everyone is different.

As far as the “details” …eh, take them or leave them. There is power in giving someone a because.

In fiverr, ratings matters in getting to better levels. Its quite easy to get ratings and this is how I do mine. Give them a call to action or offer a BONUS. Write something like this " If you give me a positive rating based on my services, I will give you a REALLY SUPER BONUS". make you keep to your promise.

However, you dont have to give a BONUS though it helps. If you have really done a good service, just type: “I would really appreciate it if you could drop a comment based on the service I rendered. Thanks” If you do all these, you should see your buyers rate you up.

send him humble request for his feedback.

Two things: This a very old topic which ended many years ago.

And second, it is against Fiverr’s rules to ask for feedback. Buyers can chose whether or not they wish to share feedback. No seller deserves a review – reviews are 100% voluntary. Fiverr does not want sellers asking for reviews, because that is viewed as feedback manipulation, and Fiverr wants reviews to be honest, direct, and completely voluntary.

Archived