My cat ate my gig

zeus777

So I’m sure a lot of us have pets at home. I have a few cats, and usually they play with each other,

sleep on the bed ( or my lap or at my feet, sometimes on the keyboard…), stuff like that. They usually mind their

own darn business and not interfere with human business.

I was working on my clothesline message gig, and had some pieces of paper, strings, and wooden clothespins

lying around. I had to go to the bathroom at one point, and I forgot to close the door.

Several minutes later I went back to my room, and saw two of my cats playing…no,

BUTCHERING the papers. There were orange pieces of scratched/crumpled/torn papers all over the floor. 😮

I let out a strange shriek, took the cats out of the room, closed the door, vacuumed the papers,

and sat down to cut out new pieces of papers.

I wasn’t angry with my cats, it was my own dumb mistake to leave the door open.

Plus the papers are cheap construction paper I bought at Daiso, and it doesn’t take that long to cut out little squares and hearts.

Oh, the joy of having pets. My furry little feline friends.

So…have any of you guys run into a bit of a “trouble” with your gigs, because of your pets? 😛

Well, not a gig, but a forum post. I was writing a set of tips, thank goodness I wasn’t that far along but enough to make it worth keeping (I thought.) Apparently my cat and the typical autosave draft thing did not agree. I left my post partly written and went for a fresh cup of coffee.

I came back to find my younger cat licking her paw nearby and looking innocent. Suspicious tan and black (Siamese) hairs were scattered about on my laptop. My post was gone and in it’s place was “jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.” How she managed to hit the same key that long I don’t know. It was now saved in draft as well, so there was no recovery, but at least it wasn’t posted to the forum.

By the way, thanks. My day has been a bit rough and seeing a humorous post lightened it up!

Reply to @fonthaunt:
HAHAHA, so your cat typed jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj?
She has some mad skills!

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a rough day, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Here’s a photo of the same cat that tore my gig apart.
In this one, he butchered a toilet paper roll 😛 I hope this will put a smile
on your face! 😃

Archived