Fiverr Forum

My client has had me redo work so many times now.. its not worth it

So my clients is having me create a video animation for them. I complete an entire video using the sounds and images the give me. I send them an initial copy to lookover and get feedback.

She gives me suggestions
I add them and spend another 2 hours rendering it.

i submit it
She says sorry but i actually gave you the wrong song can you redo it

I agree and redo it and render it again.

I submit it
She wants shooting stars

I add shooting stars and submit it

Now she wants another **** thing added.

At this point its not worth the 150$ and iv spent more than enough time on this gig.

How can I end this respectfully. And is there anyway i can be compensated for this. I don’t care about a bad review at this point.

Tell her that if she wants anymore changes she has to pay you for it. But say it politely.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Just a word of advice, your clients can read this forum too, so I’d be careful about saying things that could piss off potential clients. I know you were joking, but if I was ordering from you and found out that you were literally going to b***h me out for asking for otherwise small revisions, I’d raise hell.

This is the exact reason why I am 100% adamant that all freelancers should have at least a year in customer service experience before freelancing. Because if you can deal with the awful customers in retail or fast food, once you start freelancing, even annoying clients are a breeze. There is a way to deal with people and talk to people, dealing with them sternly without making yourself look like a fool.

Just my two cents.

I’d ask for extra money politely or i’d cancel friendly with no hard feeling

You should put in your gigs that you offer X amount of revisions only.

But yeah, I agree it’s not good to come here to complain about a customer even if you’re just joking. It’s not a good look for the “professional services” you’re offering.

Mention the number of revision on your gig also on gig details.
Although sometimes we do more than what we mention :disappointed:

You should always mention the number of time you will be reviewing a work. After that your buyer pay

At this point its not worth the 150$ and iv spent more than enough time on this gig.

Do you mean $150 or $15? $150 if it’s a very short video doesn’t sound bad at all.