My Diversification Efforts

lucycodex

I wrote recently about how good it is to make sure that you diversify your income. in an older blog post. You can check that out here:

I hear a lot of whining from people who have been selling the same gig or two for many years or months on this site, and then either their gigs get removed, they get banned, or their gig impressions for some reason drop. You should NEVER put yourself in a situation where if you lose your gig on Fiverr, you lose your ability to afford food and toiletries. The most important way in which you can avoid this is through diversifying. How do you diversify? Well, to start off, you should diversify y…

That said, I wanted to give a little update on how I am currently diversifying my income.

Before I started really focusing on diversifying, Fiverr made up almost the entirety of my income. This was not good for me, especially after my sales and income started a plummet a few months ago. I needed a way to ensure that I was going to be able to make ends meet, even if Fiverr were to completely be lost as an option for me.

Now, while still not great, Fiverr makes up about 70-80% of my overall income. I have found a couple other sites, and a few ways to earn a bit of passive income, which really helps in making sure that my income is more secure. However, the biggest thing I have started doing is working off this platform.

While I love Fiverr, a lot of the things they have been doing lately seems to be hurting the site for many users. And while I have no plans on leaving this site, I would much rather get much higher paying jobs. And while I have yet to be demoted, I have steeled myself to not care if I did.

I am doing good and hope to continue to do better over time.

And for those of you complaining about how awful Fiverr has been lately, THIS is why diversifying is vital.

Archived