My "earnings" are not showing the correct $ pending?

gwyneth_galvin

Just found multiple orders where the pending earnings shows as $4/$8 etc. but when you click on “(view order)” the order was worth $15, $25, and more! It even says “You’ve earned $12” or whatever on the order screen, but on the earnings screen it’s showing as much less.

I’ve gotten in touch with Fiverr about this issue but I’m wondering how many times this has happened without me noticing, because to be honest I never double check if the pending amount is correct - I’ve just trusted that it is!

Anyone else had this experience? Was it resolved by customer support?

I really don’t understand what’s the problem. As @dux_marketer told you, Fiverr keeps 20% of the order amount.

So, for a $15 order, you earned $12 (15 * 0.8 = 12) and that’s what Fiverr is telling you as seen on your screenshot.

… and as I said in my response to that comment, this is taking into account the 20% deduction. You misunderstood my issue.

Buyer spends $25.

I earn $20.

My earnings screen shows that I have only made $4 for the order. Not $20.

I understand that Fiverr takes 20%. That’s not the issue here at all.

Fiverr break that earnings in 2 parts, if you’ll check again you’ll see that you have 2 amounts in pending connected to the same order: one for 4 dollars in pending for the tip and another for 8$. If you combine both you’ll get 12$ that fiverr shows on “earned” line

Hi there, thanks for your reply. This is not just happening on orders where I’ve been tipped, though. It’s showing on a lot of orders where there have been no extras added to the order at all, including tips.

… and as I said in my response to that comment, this is taking into account the 20% deduction. You misunderstood my issue.

Buyer spends $25.

I earn $20.

I understand that Fiverr takes 20%. That’s not the issue here at all.

Buyer spends $25.

I earn $20.

Hi there,

Can you please upload screenshots of this or any other example you may have?

Edit to add: As for the screenshot you put on your OP, the earning amount shown by Fiverr is correct.

Buyer spends $25.

I earn $20.

Hi there,

Can you please upload screenshots of this or any other example you may have?

Edit to add: As for the screenshot you put on your OP, the earning amount shown by Fiverr is correct.

Sure, I’ll try and upload a few more examples when I get back home

Sure, I’ll try and upload a few more examples when I get back home

Hello @gwyneth_galvin,

I am sorry you’re experiencing that bug. Unfortunately, it is a pretty well-known known bug that pops up once in a while. And when it occurs, it doesn’t affect everyone either… just a few unfortunate sellers. Good news is that your’re not alone.

Here are a few posts on this exact issue that you’re facing (from not so long ago):

Did something change in how “Earned in…” is being displayed on the dashboard? Is it a bug? I’m starting the year slowly so I’m still in triple digits and it’s very noticeable. My “Earned in January” was $611 yesterday evening. Then it changed to $582 this morning. Now it’s $566. The app shows $618 which seems to be another totally random number. I have no new cancelations or freshly completed orders. The overall cancelation number has remained unchanged. Usually, the number grows instead of d…
Hello everyone, I just noticed that my dashboard is showing a different amount for “Earned in January” as compared to the amount I can see on the home page of Fiverr app. I am not 100% sure which one is correct but there is $40 difference between the stats. I wonder if it’s happening only with my account or is that a general bug affecting other seller’s accounts too? Can anyone please check and update here? Thank you!
For some odd reason, I’m having issues with my monthly earnings showing the correct amount. Let’s say for example, my January earnings are up to $2,000. Then an order for $10 is marked completed, which means I get $8 added to my monthly earnings (after Fiverr’s fee). Somehow, the system is miscalculating, and it will show $2,012 but a few minutes later it “corrects” back down to an even lower amount… $1,996. So instead of showing the appropriate amount ($2,008) it goes up then goes down. I am…

The sellers who’ve experienced this issue have said that the monthly earnings go back to the correct amount after 12 hours or so. Even if the value shown on the website might be wrong, I think the amount that will get transferred to your bank account will be accurate (cuz I think it is just a UI/visual bug, and not a bug in the actual “bookkeeping” data of your earnings which are stored in Fiverr’s system/servers). In any case, it is a good idea to keep CS updated.

Hope this help! 😃

Hello @gwyneth_galvin,

I am sorry you’re experiencing that bug. Unfortunately, it is a pretty well-known known bug that pops up once in a while. And when it occurs, it doesn’t affect everyone either… just a few unfortunate sellers. Good news is that your’re not alone.

Here are a few posts on this exact issue that you’re facing (from not so long ago):

Did something change in how “Earned in…” is being displayed on the dashboard? Is it a bug? I’m starting the year slowly so I’m still in triple digits and it’s very noticeable. My “Earned in January” was $611 yesterday evening. Then it changed to $582 this morning. Now it’s $566. The app shows $618 which seems to be another totally random number. I have no new cancelations or freshly completed orders. The overall cancelation number has remained unchanged. Usually, the number grows instead of d…
Hello everyone, I just noticed that my dashboard is showing a different amount for “Earned in January” as compared to the amount I can see on the home page of Fiverr app. I am not 100% sure which one is correct but there is $40 difference between the stats. I wonder if it’s happening only with my account or is that a general bug affecting other seller’s accounts too? Can anyone please check and update here? Thank you!
For some odd reason, I’m having issues with my monthly earnings showing the correct amount. Let’s say for example, my January earnings are up to $2,000. Then an order for $10 is marked completed, which means I get $8 added to my monthly earnings (after Fiverr’s fee). Somehow, the system is miscalculating, and it will show $2,012 but a few minutes later it “corrects” back down to an even lower amount… $1,996. So instead of showing the appropriate amount ($2,008) it goes up then goes down. I am…

The sellers who’ve experienced this issue have said that the monthly earnings go back to the correct amount after 12 hours or so. Even if the value shown on the website might be wrong, I think the amount that will get transferred to your bank account will be accurate (cuz I think it is just a UI/visual bug, and not a bug in the actual “bookkeeping” data of your earnings which are stored in Fiverr’s system/servers). In any case, it is a good idea to keep CS updated.

Hope this help! 😃

Thank you so so much for your detailed response!! This is actually not exactly the problem I’m facing. I haven’t added up my orders to see if my “monthly earnings” is showing the correct amount, so that may be incorrect too, but that’s not the issue I mentioned in my OP. My issue is that each individual order is showing a significantly lower amount on the earnings page. So for example:

An order costs the buyer $25

I collect my $20 after Fiverr takes their cut

On the earnings page, THAT specific order shows as $4, $8, or any random number other than what it should be.

This is not only on orders where I have received tips. It seems to be kind of random. I will upload more screen shots when I can.

Thank you so so much for your detailed response!! This is actually not exactly the problem I’m facing. I haven’t added up my orders to see if my “monthly earnings” is showing the correct amount, so that may be incorrect too, but that’s not the issue I mentioned in my OP. My issue is that each individual order is showing a significantly lower amount on the earnings page. So for example:

An order costs the buyer $25

I collect my $20 after Fiverr takes their cut

On the earnings page, THAT specific order shows as $4, $8, or any random number other than what it should be.

This is not only on orders where I have received tips. It seems to be kind of random. I will upload more screen shots when I can.

My issue is that each individual order is showing a significantly lower amount on the earnings page. So for example:

That is exactly the issue I mentioned in my previous post.

The total earnings for the month of January was not reflecting the correct amount because the amount shown for each order in the earnings page was lesser than the amount shown in the order page. 😃 They’re both related to one another. 🙂

As misscrystal said, Tip and other extras that was selected after placing the order, count as new order.
Like if you got $20 order and $5 Tip it will show 2 pending clearance order
1: $16 pending (which is the actual order) and
2: $4 pending ( For Tip)
But order page will show You have earned $20 even if you click on $4 pending you will see " You have earned $20")

Similarly If you got $20 order and later buyer select $10 gig extra.
It will show 2 pending clearance 1 for $16 and 1 for $8

Archived