My Experience Tip: How to get more orders

manuelmarino

Good morning, my today’s Experience Tip is about: empowering your GIG, no wait, Ultra-empowering! Ok, what does means.

I mean to create an infuse of your skills, experience and talent. Put anything in your GIG and improve the WOW effect, so when a customer will be in front of it will be amazed by your

1. title
  2. image
  3. description
  4. demos

Let’s start with the title. It must be not too long and not too short. And clearly must explain your service highlighting your talent.
The image must be a fantastic, coloured image, to attract even from a long distance!
The description must be clear, immediate, simple but enough technical and must explain your skills and professionality.
The demos are the most important, because they represent directly your skills and talent.

Don’t forget: all of this if YOU ARE TALENTED! if you are not, just change job!

Begin with a GIG, and then pass to the second or the third. But before creating one GIG after another, consider that each GIG must be powerful itself! It’s a lot better to have few powerful GIGs than an impressive number of useless GIGs.

Except if you are a multi talent, of course. You are? well, go ahead. But if you are not skilled, experienced and talented, change job!!! 😊

Have fun, but always provide an impressive service! We are here to impress the customers with our talent 😊

This is a big problem for anyone starting out. Newbies don’t have a clear idea on how to solve this problem. The problem is easy: they are newbies. I know seems a tongue twister but it’s true.

Fiverr is not a starting point, is the ending point of a job, where you build a career on your specific talent.

Ok, simple: branding yourself is the way to go. Means your “nickname” is a label, and you are promoting it. It’s complex, because you must have an homepage pointing to your Fiverr services (as example embedding Fiverr seller badge on your website or blog).

You must be active on social (which means posting interesting news about your talent, your job, your ideas, your field and so on. MUST be interesting, not stupid posts).

This way people recognize you and your talent. When all of this is done, you’ll receive job requests automatically. But if all of this is not done (and you need months or years to be recognized), probably it’s better if you give up 😊

ok seriously, begin right now improving your brand and see if things improve, but wait a couple of months. It won’t happen in a day or week. 😊 :+1:

First off, I have to say I love your work, I think you’ve phenomenal talent and I have bookmarked your page for the day when I want a custom score for a VO demo.

(Bookmarked you a few days back actually)

But I disagree with almost all you posted here…

you must have an homepage pointing to your Fiverr services

Why would you do that?

Why would you have a website, then send your own personal traffic to a marketplace?

My website is not going to mention Fiverr at all, it will however mention “buy now” and be loaded with reasons for them to buy direct from me. I waited three years for my domain to drop and be available*, there ain’t no way on earth I’m pointing anyone anywhere other than my own sales channels and payment partners.

*= long game, marathon, not a sprint…

If I can’t mention my own website on fiverr, then I’m not giving them a mention on my own site, or driving any traffic to them when they take such a cut on all sales here.

They’re not having it both ways. My site is my revenue. They can take a cut on what’s theirs but my organic stuff is mine and I ain’t having someone take a slice on that except payment processing partners.

I know there’s an affiliation / fees back thing, but it’s not enough to entice me to route traffic here.

I’ve been on your personal site, I honestly think it’s a waste to point people here when you can potentially convert them under your own power.

I don’t understand why you would get a client via your own site, one you can talk to via whichever means you wish, and have them pay direct into your bank, than funnel them into Fiverr’s realm of restrictions where you no longer set the rules of engagement, and have to wait for funds to clear.

There’s no business logic in that, well none that I can see.

You must be active on social

Why?

I have no time for social media. None. It’s cancerous for the brain; the family unit and all that is wholesome.

I was going to write a book years ago, had been hit up by a couple of publishing houses and rejected them both when I realised it’s better, and more empowering to be written about, than it is to write, less effort too!

I apply the same theory to social: it’s better to be posted about, than it is to post.

There is only one network for business, the others are for cat pictures and expressing how much you love you mother.

An hour on Linked In is worth more gold than a year on Facebook.

There is only one network for business, the others are for cat pictures and expressing how much you love you mother.

Just to be fair, in modern world the ones about cats and your mother are exactly the best place for your small business (aka freelancing career in this case) to be. That is THE place to sell your services.

Personal use of social media = waste of time, yes, but great place for business.

Not in the context of fiverr though, there is no point to make any connection between fiverr profile and social media, that much is true.

in modern world the ones about cats and your mother are exactly the best place for your small business

I disagree because your family and friends on social already know about what you do, therefore you’ve preaching to the converted and they’re unlikely to buy from you.

Why promote to an audience who a) already knows what you do and b) is unlikely to buy from you, when c) if they did they’d be after a friends and family discount so you’d be working for free.

What’s the point?

No, of course you don’t promote to YOUR cat and their mother (or the other way around), you promote to someone elses daughters, mothers and cat owners, whomever your audience might be 🙂

This is a big problem for anyone starting out. Newbies don’t have a clear idea on how to solve this problem. The problem is easy: they are newbies. I know seems a tongue twister but it’s true.

Fiverr is not a starting point, is the ending point of a job, where you build a career on your specific talent.

Ok, simple: branding yourself is the way to go. Means your “nickname” is a label, and you are promoting it. It’s complex, because you must have an homepage pointing to your Fiverr services (as example embedding Fiverr seller badge on your website or blog).

You must be active on social (which means posting interesting news about your talent, your job, your ideas, your field and so on. MUST be interesting, not stupid posts).

This way people recognize you and your talent. When all of this is done, you’ll receive job requests automatically. But if all of this is not done (and you need months or years to be recognized), probably it’s better if you give up 😊

ok seriously, begin right now improving your brand and see if things improve, but wait a couple of months. It won’t happen in a day or week. 😊 :+1:

I am not, although paid advertising that stays within social media and doesn’t redirect people to some personal sites is a great tool aswell. I’m talking about the same thing OP mentioned, which is essentially creating content that has value to your audience and sharing it on your professional social media page:

posting interesting news about your talent, your job, your ideas, your field and so on. MUST be interesting, not stupid posts

That brings engagement, engagement brings sales. It can be aesthetically pleasing content, valuable advice or pure entertainment, whatever works best for your field.

First off, I have to say I love your work, I think you’ve phenomenal talent and I have bookmarked your page for the day when I want a custom score for a VO demo.

(Bookmarked you a few days back actually)

Why would you do that?

Why would you have a website, then send your own personal traffic to a marketplace?

My website is not going to mention Fiverr at all, it will however mention “buy now” and be loaded with reasons for them to buy direct from me. I waited three years for my domain to drop and be available*, there ain’t no way on earth I’m pointing anyone anywhere other than my own sales channels and payment partners.

*= long game, marathon, not a sprint…

If I can’t mention my own website on fiverr, then I’m not giving them a mention on my own site, or driving any traffic to them when they take such a cut on all sales here.

They’re not having it both ways. My site is my revenue. They can take a cut on what’s theirs but my organic stuff is mine and I ain’t having someone take a slice on that except payment processing partners.

I know there’s an affiliation / fees back thing, but it’s not enough to entice me to route traffic here.

I’ve been on your personal site, I honestly think it’s a waste to point people here when you can potentially convert them under your own power.

I don’t understand why you would get a client via your own site, one you can talk to via whichever means you wish, and have them pay direct into your bank, than funnel them into Fiverr’s realm of restrictions where you no longer set the rules of engagement, and have to wait for funds to clear.

There’s no business logic in that, well none that I can see.

Why?

I have no time for social media. None. It’s cancerous for the brain; the family unit and all that is wholesome.

I was going to write a book years ago, had been hit up by a couple of publishing houses and rejected them both when I realised it’s better, and more empowering to be written about, than it is to write, less effort too!

I apply the same theory to social: it’s better to be posted about, than it is to post.

First off, I have to say I love your work , I think you’ve phenomenal talent and I have bookmarked your page for the day when I want a custom score for a VO demo .

Many thanks 😊 now I explain better my ideas…

308573_2.png voiceoverandy:

Why would you do that?

Ok, I am not setting an homepage for that. I mean, I set an homepage for myself, to represent me and tell my story. And I point also to Fiverr (as example with the badge) but it’s optionally. I don’t create an homepage for pointing to Fiverr, I create an homepage to improve my brand.

308573_2.png voiceoverandy:

Why?

I have 30000+ direct contacts on LinkedIn (1st degree contacts). I am an active networker and networking is part of any branding strategy.

About Facebook, it is a very powerful platform and if you don’t see this alone, I can’t explain, really.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, this probably is a “spin off” from another topic, but it was a pity to delete the argument.
A user was pointing the fact that it’s not easy to compete, so my answer was:

“It’s important to point on this. Waiting for orders is normal for new users. They have to create their career. I arrived on Fiverr as veteran composer, means a veteran professional, with an important resume. Means I expanded my career elsewhere. As example I’ve got 30000 followers on Linkedin and 15000 followers on Facebook. This is important, I mean networking. When you have 30000 followers waiting for your news, it’s normal to have many of them ordering from your GIG on Fiverr. So my suggestion is to develop your career. Fiverr is not a starting point for newbies. It’s a platform for professionals.”

Maybe could create an interesting discussion.

Archived