My Experience With A Bad Client

March 17 I have got a message about a project with some details.

I am a local tour operator in Turkey. I have a domain and hosting arranged.
Wordpress and responsive website.
Download time 3-4 seconds max.
Unlimited landing pages.
One step update to all social media and listings like tripadvisor etc.
Link to social networks.
Live chat, whatsapp chat, translation, currency exchange, google maps location services and plug ins.
My budget is 150 USD.

I hop on board as a new seller in fiverr. Now it is three months and the client is still changing things in the fly. I have done almost everything to make the project end in a positive not. Yesterday i delivered the project and he says the project is not done yet. He reported me and i got a warning in fiverr.

My Experiences
The only bad thing i did was i started the project after 7 days and that is okey because the work i had to do could take mostly 5 days and i have already asked for 15.

About the client

He is very a stubborn person with no idea about the project all he has a document and idea in his mind how the website should be. He bought a theme with many limitation and asked me to do things which is not part of the scope of the project. He does not want to discuss things and think he is always on the right. Once i do something he will come with a change. When i fixed the change he is gonna come with another change. Not will take about a day or so to just give me the change idea. By working with him i understood that he only had a idea and bought a theme which does not go with the concept that he has.

At first everything is going smooth. I did work on things as the given instructions. I have worked in the homepage for nearly 2 months. Assume i started 7 days after taking the job and did not work for 1 day a week for that time. Imagine how many changes i had to make there. But somehow i made it like the way he wants and move on to other things. Now it should have been some simple landing pages. But he has something else in mind. He made me create other landing pages with various options and this landing page took about 15 days to complete not because of me but for him. He gives a rough instructions and vanishes for few days, come back and suggest to change. He wants to used options provided by theme in his way which is not possible at all. When i try to talk and make him understand the shortcoming of the theme, he does not wanna talk. Whenever i ask is the project complete he says we have more works. I dunno how much work should i have to do for the project. The only thing that i have not meet in the option(in terms of being accurate) the unlimited pages. If this continues it is going to take more than a year and i have to move on with other projects. So I delivered the project and he reported me. I got a warning from Fiverr.

Now the thing is i don’t wanna continue the project and i know i have done the job properly. But he is not accepting the order. Should i wait for the order to be complete in 3 days. Whatever happens i am the looser here, just because i wanted continue working for this client after this amount of time and

• 1 year later...

It happens.

But did they at least provide you with the order requirements? If you have that, then it should be fine

Well, even though we give them the final product after reading the order requirements they won’t like the final product delivered due to lack of communication between the seller and buyer. that’s my opinion

Hi there…,

Be cautions…, Maybe is this a SCAM
Samething happen to me before.
Buyer ordered…, just place an image, without any information,
No communication at all until last deadline day.

My huge stupid mistake is, eventhough i didn’t have any information and buyer not commucating at all, i try to deliver the order based on the my gig description.
On the last hour after 3 day delivery deadline…, this buyer suddenly accept my delivery and leave me with 1 star rating…, saying “Didn’t do right”. AND Disappear again…

so…, Better to contact CS to cancel this project if you want to avoid 1 star rate.

Well, even though we give them the final product after reading the order requirements they won’t like the final product delivered due to lack of communication between the seller and buyer. that’s my opinion

You don’t always need communication if the order requirements are provided properly here. I guess it depends on the type of work you offer. In my case as a writer, if the order requirements are provided, I can deliver without even talking with the customer, since the requirements are there. It might be on a case by case basis, who knows.

Hi there…,

Be cautions…, Maybe is this a SCAM

Samething happen to me before.

Buyer ordered…, just place an image, without any information,

No communication at all until last deadline day.

My huge stupid mistake is, eventhough i didn’t have any information and buyer not commucating at all, i try to deliver the order based on the my gig description.

On the last hour after 3 day delivery deadline…, this buyer suddenly accept my delivery and leave me with 1 star rating…, saying “Didn’t do right”. AND Disappear again…

so…, Better to contact CS to cancel this project if you want to avoid 1 star rate.

yes. many seller face this problem.

fiverr should change this system direct order accept

it should be, an order will not accept until the seller accept this

You don’t always need communication if the order requirements are provided properly here. I guess it depends on the type of work you offer. In my case as a writer, if the order requirements are provided, I can deliver without even talking with the customer, since the requirements are there. It might be on a case by case basis, who knows.

Yea I guess you are right I am a graphic designer

yes. many seller face this problem.

fiverr should change this system direct order accept

Yes…, i’m agree

So Seller can have better protection against SCAM Buyer.

In some cases, a few days after you sent a Buyer Request to several potential buyers. One of them might come back and placed an order without a message. Because they already listed their request in Buyer Request and assure that you already read them all before sending your offers.

• 1 month later...

Hey fiverrs
i worked with a client from UK eversince a few days ago
he asked for packaging box , icons and logo
he doent want to pay the icons just because he said he only need to edited but he gave the file is JPEG (facepalm)
and after long debate he agreed to sent me $15 and for total orders is $70
during the work he never give an appreciation at all . instead he keep being rude telling me that i;m not professional etc , and still asked me to do many times revision he always back and forth with his mind but he blaming me that i’ve done something else. so i dont think it will be good to keep helping because he always complaining and change his idea but dont want to pay for revisions . it is so anoyying isnt it?

Archived