My experience with Fiverr

For the past couple of weeks, this is how it goes.

ATTEMPT 1:

Click on DELIVER ORDER

Write Message

Attach Files

Wait, wait, wait, wait, almost there… oops, attachment failed.

Attach Files

Wait, wait, wait, we’re working on it, we swear! oops, attachment failed.

Attach Files

Wait, wait, wait… AWESOME, it finally worked.

Click Submit

502 BAD GATEWAY ERROR OMG!

ATTEMPT 2:

Click on DELIVER ORDER

Write Message

Attach Files

Wait, wait, wait, wait, almost there… oops, attachment failed.

Attach Files

Wait, wait, wait, we’re working on it, we swear! oops, attachment failed.

Attach Files

Wait, wait, wait… AWESOME, it finally worked.

Click Submit

WE’RE SORRY, YOU HAVE TO BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW THIS PAGE.

OMG SHOOT ME PLEASE!

Attempt 172:

Forget it, I’m going to bed. Obviously this site doesn’t work right, it’s now 3:32AM and the delivery is late anyway.

9AM - Click on Manage Sales - see bright red warning from Fiverr - Late Deliveries Can Cause 10% Decrease In Orders.

Yeah. That’s true Fiverr. That’s completely true. But I’m LATE because of YOU! So Shutup already!

I havent had much experience on this but I wish this error would not happen again to anyone in Fiverr.

Reply to @steveeyes: Yet another example of two different customer service reps giving two different answers.

Just so we’re clear, I’m not punishing my customers. I’m attempting to play by the rules as they have been explained to me. I don’t spend my time working on something, just to refund it because I broke some vague, unwritten, unknown rule.

You may want to consider getting a drop box account. I have one. It never fails and my deliveries are on time.

Just so you know, I’m not a big fan of having to use drop box because when I do, I don’t get credit in my portfolio but when everything else fails, it bails me out when I need it.

Reply to @steveeyes: I break down and use it when I have to. I had a buyer cancel once “because I didn’t deliver”, even though I clearly explained where it was, how to find it and why I had to do it that way. Fiverr backed them up and said I can’t send empty deliveries.

Reply to @jtengle: Not sure I follow. When I deliver, I put a download link in the delivery message for the customer to download their gig. So it isn’t empty. Actually it was CS who recommended drop box months back when i was having problems uploading a video gig for a customer.

Reply to @steveeyes: They specifically told me that if I don’t have an actual attachment then it is an “empty delivery” and the buyer has a valid reason to cancel.

The point is, this site should work. We pay a high percentage and the basic features should work as they’re supposed to. They need to fix these problems and not make us use work-arounds like dropbox. These are tiny files I’m having trouble with. I shouldn’t have to use dropbox to deliver a 30kb banner ad.

Reply to @jtengle: Your point about the site should work – no argument from me. Not all gigs have attachments associated with their gig but when you need it, it should work. When it doesn’t…I won’t punish my customer because of Fiverr problems and use drop box if need be.

Here is what Maria wrote me in customer service when I was having problems with uploading files

Maria December 19, 2014 22:36

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear this. Please if you are unable to upload your file to our messaging system, you can use a third-party file sharing service (such as SendSpace.com, DropBox or MediaFire.com) to upload the file, and then send your buyer the download link. We ask that you not use a file-sharing service that requires an exchange of email addresses or other personal contact details.

Note: make sure that your files names don’t have any punctuation /spaces/symbols, this can sometimes affect the uploads (max. size for files is 30MB). Please make sure that you have the latest Adobe flash and clear your browser caches/cookies.

Work samples can not be created from files within a ZIP files. Only Image and Video files.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Maria - Fiverr Customer Support