My first cancellation: What would you have done in my place?

anasainz

Hello,

I’ve been for two months in Fiverr and yesterday I had to cancel my first order. I’d like to ask what would you have done in my place.

A client bought my gig for a Kindle book review, with the extra to purchase the book so I could write a verified review.

Soon after I received the order, I visited Amazon but the book was not available in Kindle edition. I thought it would be a temporary problem, but I decided to write to buyer to ask him if he knew what was happening.

I kept waiting, but my client never replied, and the book is still not available for purchase. After three emails to my client, the deadline was getting closer and I had to decide:

• write an unverified review, even thought the client paid an extra
  • cancel the order

So I chose to cancel. I think is not good for me, but I didn’t feel happy with the idea of receiving an extra and not giving the client exactly what he order.

Any advice?

Yes, you did the right thing cancelled. And it IS prohibited on Amazon, so you may want to consider coming up with other writing gigs.

Here you go, it clearly even subtly references “Fiverr” in th

hhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201077870&pop-up=1

Cancel is the best. I am a publisher too and sometimes it can get tricky with the publishing, sometimes after publishing I need to make amendments and amazon takes up to 2 days to re-publish. During that time the book is not always visible to customers… or could also see that the 90days has expired and the customer didnt renew… all sorts of possibilities… best to tell your customer and cancel, he can always rebook the gig later and get back to you

Archived