My First Fiverr Message - A Phishing Scam

kylieobr

Hi, new here! 🙂 I’ve had my first two gigs up for a week and was excited to find my first message in my email this morning. All looked legit, however I jumped onto Fiverr and found no new clicks on my Gig, and no messages in my Fiverr inbox, which naturally leads me to suspect phishing. All good, I didn’t click reply or click on any clicks.

However, if this is indeed a phishing email, it’s one of the most convincing ones I’ve ever received, and I consider myself somewhat tech savvy! So I just wanted to warn people 🙂 It:

-Appears to have come from a legit email, noreply@e.fiverr.com
-Addressed my username
-Addressed one of my gigs (albeit, vaguely, merely asking if I was available for data entry)
-All the links when scrolled over appear to come from Fiverr.com. Not another domain, not another extension like .co or similar. The only difference being that two urls use http - the rest are with the secure s. I’ve just compared to a regular Fiverr email and their urls and social links at the bottom of all their emails link to links.announce.fiverr, confirming the fake, which instead links directly to their social accounts.

My question is, is there somewhere I can report/forward this email to Fiverr? Or do I report the username? I’m not sure the user exists though, since there’s 0 Google results for it, so forwarding the email would be much more effective!

• Like 39
  • Up 1

Hi, new here! 🙂 I’ve had my first two gigs up for a week and was excited to find my first message in my email this morning. All looked legit, however I jumped onto Fiverr and found no new clicks on my Gig, and no messages in my Fiverr inbox, which naturally leads me to suspect phishing. All good, I didn’t click reply or click on any clicks.

However, if this is indeed a phishing email, it’s one of the most convincing ones I’ve ever received, and I consider myself somewhat tech savvy! So I just wanted to warn people 🙂 It:

-Appears to have come from a legit email, noreply@e.fiverr.com

-Addressed my username

-Addressed one of my gigs (albeit, vaguely, merely asking if I was available for data entry)

-All the links when scrolled over appear to come from Fiverr.com. Not another domain, not another extension like .co or similar. The only difference being that two urls use http - the rest are with the secure s. I’ve just compared to a regular Fiverr email and their urls and social links at the bottom of all their emails link to links.announce.fiverr, confirming the fake, which instead links directly to their social accounts.

My question is, is there somewhere I can report/forward this email to Fiverr? Or do I report the username? I’m not sure the user exists though, since there’s 0 Google results for it, so forwarding the email would be much more effective!

no messages in my Fiverr inbox

Did you check the spam folder in Fiverr to see if your message might have been there?

• Like 25
  • Up 1

no messages in my Fiverr inbox

Did you check the spam folder in Fiverr to see if your message might have been there?

OMG I feel so stupid! I had 0 notifications, 0 in inbox, still couldn’t find this supposed message anywhere… I had no idea Fiverr had their own spam message filter. :woman_facepalming: Found it, thank you! Turns out after all that, they can no longer be contacted. Is this because Fiverr has blocked them, or they’ve blocked me?

• Like 19
  • Up 1

OMG I feel so stupid! I had 0 notifications, 0 in inbox, still couldn’t find this supposed message anywhere… I had no idea Fiverr had their own spam message filter. :woman_facepalming: Found it, thank you! Turns out after all that, they can no longer be contacted. Is this because Fiverr has blocked them, or they’ve blocked me?

Probably they were banned by Fiverr itself

• Like 20
  • Up 1

Great to hear you’re cautious about this sort of thing. FYI, you will get more spam messages that the filter won’t catch, so keep up the vigilance! (Even googledoc links can be a risk, if you’re signed in. I oopsed and neglected to check one in incognito mode, and now my email address is on some spammers lists. Lesson learned.)

• Like 22
  • Up 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, syedshahbaz302 said:

You have canceled my order which has greatly reduced my Favor's ranking. Please, I am new. I worked day and night on this order and then I went and posted my order which you canceled. Please add my rank please please sir I did not know that it was illegal. I placed my order. In return I got the money. After that my fear was canceled.🙏🙏

Screenshot_2021-12-29-21-17-07-96_5858a19279ddd3b9634277a5bf37e3bf.jpg

• Like 17
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi yes, I had this strange message arrive to my gmail yesterday as well.  

After probably clicking it thinking it was Fiverr, I went to my PC to not waste any time responding to my first potential customer, only to see that I had no messages.  ?? hmm that was weird.  Then I went back to my email to check the links, looking for something odd, and there it was, the e.fiverr.com

To figure out how this scammer could have my gmail, I tried to locate my Gig.  I frankly was unable to even find my Gig.  I tried the exact title of the Gig, then I tried phrases then I tried key words, anything that could help a search engine locate my stuff.  Completely impossible to search for my Gig.  I even tried my username.  Didnt work either.  My gig is invisible yet this scammer guy or gal was able aware of my Gig (only he knows it) but nobody else, not even me (if I search).

So i complained to customer service of a) that I cant find my Gig anyplace or anywhere via search and b) of the scam email.

Customer service ignored the scam email topic and that the Gig was invisible and just said, in 24hrs it would most likely be visible, my account that is, because they said i had made a change to the advertisement. 

Pressing them on the scam issue, because its offensive that they ignore the topic.  Theyve asked for screenshots.  

And now that I seen all of this in the forum, Ive said to them that its a known issue, how could they pretend like they have no idea. 

They suggested that if i thought my account was hacked they look into it. 

I said back "my account" is not hacked, your entire systems are hacked from the inside, because nobody knows Im on Fiverr except you.  

Well you can imagine Im waiting to hear from customer service but since their poilicy is to pretend it doesnt exisit, im sure they will write back with something of the same ....

Good luck out there!

Steven

804219305_Screenshot2022-10-26at14_30_17.thumb.png.6812775a1f2ba33919e0103b98d458b6.png1048879140_Screenshot2022-10-26at14_24_39.thumb.png.8eeca68c95259b56cd7eeeee58c319d5.png

Edited by smcat1000
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, Fiverr Team!

I am a fiverr user and this is my problem.

Thank you very much Fiverr Team you helped me so much can you tell me why I am not getting clients I am working very hard and I am proud of my hard work I will be successful one day.

Fiverr team and let me tell you that I have a lot of problems, I have a whole team and I am managing the whole team. There is a need and I have come to work on fiverr with and I will work.

Fiverr Team I just need you to give me more and more good clients and I will keep the gamers very happy just give me tomorrow.

My Fiverr Username

@mst_designer777

• Like 6

• 7 months later...
On 7/9/2023 at 10:40 PM, mst_designer777 said:

Hi, Fiverr Team!

I am a fiverr user and this is my problem.

Thank you very much Fiverr Team you helped me so much can you tell me why I am not getting clients I am working very hard and I am proud of my hard work I will be successful one day.

Fiverr team and let me tell you that I have a lot of problems, I have a whole team and I am managing the whole team. There is a need and I have come to work on fiverr with and I will work.

Fiverr Team I just need you to give me more and more good clients and I will keep the gamers very happy just give me tomorrow.

My Fiverr Username

@mst_designer777

Be consistent on your hard work, it soon pay

• Like 5