My first gig - Any tips for a beginner?

Hi everyone :smiley:

I just joined Fiverr a few days ago and I’m so excited (and also nervous) to promote my first gig!
So here it is: I offer advice and moral support to anyone who needs a friend or just a sympathetic ear :slightly_smiling_face:

My gig: https://www.fiverr.com/oanateodorescu/help-you-find-motivation-and-happiness

I joined Fiverr a few weeks ago, it is good and good impression but no one has to buy it… I am a web developer and create website…? Any idea…

Hi,

I am sorry! Fiverr doesn’t accept talking via email. Because you can tell your buyer your email address for payments, and in that way Fiverr won’t get the 20% it get’s from the amount the buyer paid you. I mean, Fiverr doesn’t allow conversations about orders out of it. So consider contacting with buyers only on Fiverr.com.

Next tips:

You gig description is eye-catching, fantastic! :ok_hand: But I’m not sure that your gig image is perfect. Also, your GIGs can be improved by adding a video! Buyers really love watching videos rather only images! :heart_eyes:

Find where to promote. You can use the Buyer Requests section to search for work and find a client. When you reach level one, (it’s given when you complete 10 orders and have more than %100 response rate) the orders will become more often. Once a week maybe. And once you reach level two, you will have not a day without work! :construction_worker_man: But there are always exceptions.

Never put zero revisions, nor unlimited revisions! At least 2 and no more than 5. There are some buyers that like to play with sellers until they :exploding_head: explode! Also, there are buyers who won’t be satisfied with final work and will give you (★☆☆☆☆) because there wasn’t an option to revise it and meet his needs.

Never put it at low cost. Buyers think that you can’t do it well and that’s why you have low cost. This may help. You can just increase the cost to the maximum you think it will be good. After my start, I had not much work and I decided to increase from $5.00 - $25.00 to $20.00 - $60.00. I got even more orders! See! Buyers like to see high prices! :moneybag:

Your price are ok! Let’s see if Discobot agrees with me (he is a bot and doesn’t really know what happens, sends a random reply), :crystal_ball:@discobot fortune — :crystal_ball: :wink:

Here are some more important tips every seller should know [LONG]:

And something more you should definitely read:

Congrats and best wishes!

:crystal_ball: Ask again later

Haha, please answer me! :crystal_ball:@discobot fortune — :crystal_ball:

:crystal_ball: Outlook not so good

Funny, thanks! That’s Discobot, a forum bot. You can call him with @discobot.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Thanks for the tips!

No problem for me! :wink:

Hello,

Welcome to Fiverr! Hope you have a wonderful experience here. @insects44 has put together an awesome post to help y’all out. Be sure to check those 2 forum posts out. They contain troves of hidden treasures (in the form of Fiverr knowledge) :wink:

Welcome. As @insects44 alluded to it is against the Terms of Service to share contact details outside of Fiverr. You will find the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page. Well worth a read as a violation can risk your account.