My first gig is over $10,000

janetsmiths

My first gig involves a set amount after two weeks, then another amount after 90-days and another amount after another 90-days. Since I am only able to add one amount into the “created offer”, how do I guarantee to receive the follow up amounts that are due at later dates for the same work completed within the first two weeks?

My first gig involves a set amount after two weeks, then another amount after 90-days and another amount after another 90-days. Since I am only able to add one amount into the “created offer”, how do I guarantee to receive the follow up amounts that are due at later dates for the same work completed within the first two weeks?

My first gig involves a set amount after two weeks

You should get the first amount first before doing any work!

There is no way to guarantee you will get the rest of it.

You can have one order first which you complete, and then two more separate orders.

It’s unusual in the extreme to get a first order of over $10,000. If you care to give some details I can tell you what I think is going on.

It is not unusual for newcomers to be targeted by buyers who promise payment AFTER they do the work, and promise more work later on. These buyers never intend to pay anything.

Above all, as I said, make sure they place an order FIRST before you do one bit of work for them. This is how fiverr works and is very important if you want to get paid.

You can have one order first which you complete, and then two more separate orders.

It’s unusual in the extreme to get a first order of over $10,000. If you care to give some details I can tell you what I think is going on.

It is not unusual for newcomers to be targeted by buyers who promise payment AFTER they do the work, and promise more work later on. These buyers never intend to pay anything.

Above all, as I said, make sure they place an order FIRST before you do one bit of work for them. This is how fiverr works and is very important if you want to get paid.

You stated that I should get the first amount before doing any work???

I thought Fiverr pays “after” the work is complete, not before. ————My gig is a virtual talent acquisition sourcer, where I source talent (employees) for employers.

This agreement is to source 100 telemarketers and submit viable candidates based on the provided job description, to employer within two weeks timeframe.

There is a 2-phase guarantee period ( basically a probationary period) After the candidate has workered there for 90-days then the first guaranteed amount is paid, and after the second guarantee period of 90-days is complete another payment is made. Services will be paid in full after 180 days.

The breakdown is this; 100 people will be hired in 2 weeks. $5000 paid after hired, $15,500 paid after they work for 90-days and another $15,500 paid after the second 90-day period (total PIF after 180 days of employment). $55 paid for each replacement.

I can add the $5000 payment into Fiverr, but there’s nowhere to add to follow on payments.

misscrystal

March 7 |

janetsmiths:

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Guest offlinehelpers

I thought Fiverr pays “after” the work is complete, not before. ————My gig is a virtual talent acquisition sourcer, where I source talent (employees) for employers.

This agreement is to source 100 telemarketers and submit viable candidates based on the provided job description, to employer within two weeks timeframe.

There is a 2-phase guarantee period ( basically a probationary period) After the candidate has workered there for 90-days then the first guaranteed amount is paid, and after the second guarantee period of 90-days is complete another payment is made. Services will be paid in full after 180 days.

The breakdown is this; 100 people will be hired in 2 weeks. $5000 paid after hired, $15,500 paid after they work for 90-days and another $15,500 paid after the second 90-day period (total PIF after 180 days of employment). $55 paid for each replacement.

I can add the $5000 payment into Fiverr, but there’s nowhere to add to follow on payments.

misscrystal

March 7 |

janetsmiths:

So much of what you describe is against Fiverr’s ToS.

Apart from anything else - gigs or services can only last 30 days, so anything with 90 days is out of the window.

Before you go any further with this or any other order, I’d ask CS for their advice.

So much of what you describe is against Fiverr’s ToS.

Apart from anything else - gigs or services can only last 30 days, so anything with 90 days is out of the window.

Before you go any further with this or any other order, I’d ask CS for their advice.

I’ve looked for a CS phone number, so far I’ve only been able to send an email inquiry about this… that is pending a response.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Guest offlinehelpers

I’ve looked for a CS phone number, so far I’ve only been able to send an email inquiry about this… that is pending a response.

Thanks for your suggestion.

There is no CS phone number I’m afraid.

Seriously the amount of money you’re talking about I can just see the words PAYPAL CHARGEBACK flashing in the distance.

It sounds like the sort of service you’d be better off offering on your own website rather than within Fiverr’s framework to be honest.

misscrystal

March 7 |

janetsmiths:

I thought Fiverr pays “after” the work is complete, not before.

A buyer pays and orders before you do any work. Then when you deliver the work, you get paid after about two weeks by fiverr.

To do all this hoping the buyer will then pay you is not going to work out well for you.

There is no CS phone number I’m afraid.

Seriously the amount of money you’re talking about I can just see the words PAYPAL CHARGEBACK flashing in the distance.

It sounds like the sort of service you’d be better off offering on your own website rather than within Fiverr’s framework to be honest.

I’m not familiar with PayPal chargeback. Is that a feature that the buyer has available to them?

I’m not familiar with PayPal chargeback. Is that a feature that the buyer has available to them?

For such large amounts of money ordinarily, (not on fiverr but in regular business proceedures) you would require the purchaser to first give you a cashier’s check before you begin any work.

If they use Paypal on fiverr they can do a chargeback and get a full refund from Paypal.

For such large money transactions fiverr needs to have an escrow service available to buyers and sellers.

There is almost a 100% chance you won’t get paid from this.

I thought Fiverr pays “after” the work is complete, not before.

A buyer pays and orders before you do any work. Then when you deliver the work, you get paid after about two weeks by fiverr.

To do all this hoping the buyer will then pay you is not going to work out well for you.

I see! :thinking: I’m not sure how to restructure the gig under Fiverr’s guidelines. And I’m not sure if I should cancel this gig…as it sounds like I might not get paid in full for my services

I see! :thinking: I’m not sure how to restructure the gig under Fiverr’s guidelines. And I’m not sure if I should cancel this gig…as it sounds like I might not get paid in full for my services

No I seriously doubt if you will but since they never placed an order there is nothing to cancel. Fiverr is not set up for this kind of large project.

No I seriously doubt if you will but since they never placed an order there is nothing to cancel. Fiverr is not set up for this kind of large project.

What do you mean by ‘since they never placed an order?

What do you mean by ‘since they never placed an order?

Buyers first place an order which they pay for before you begin any work and it sounds like this has not happened.

Buyers first place an order which they pay for before you begin any work and it sounds like this has not happened.

I created an offer in the inbox section where we’ve been communicating.

I thought I had to initiate everything on my end since I am the seller. Are saying that they can initiate an “order” on their end as well?

I created an offer in the inbox section where we’ve been communicating.

I thought I had to initiate everything on my end since I am the seller. Are saying that they can initiate an “order” on their end as well?

Did they accept the order?

You can create orders all you want but they need to accept them for the order to start, and this means they pay for it so it begins.

I’m sure the person knows this and is trying to take advantage of you being new.

You should stop talking to this person until he accepts the offer you sent. Which he won’t.

You can create orders all you want but they need to accept them for the order to start, and this means they pay for it so it begins.

I’m sure the person knows this and is trying to take advantage of you being new.

You should stop talking to this person until he accepts the offer you sent. Which he won’t.

I actually just received the company’s job description & employment application (and other HR paperwork that goes to each candidate) last night. Within the same inbox communication, I was asked when I’d be able to start. I figured they asked me that before they accepted, because after accepting the offer the (initial two week) time clock starts.

I actually just received the company’s job description & employment application (and other HR paperwork that goes to each candidate) last night. Within the same inbox communication, I was asked when I’d be able to start. I figured they asked me that before they accepted, because after accepting the offer the (initial two week) time clock starts.

Well it’s not going to happen that you receive a $5000 payment from them I’m pretty sure. You certainly do not want to take on this kind of a big project without getting payment.

Hi Janet,

The concerns of the other commenters is warranted here.
It is an interesting gig, I would say quite unique here. In terms of how it is paid, there is no way to manage/guarantee that would happen. The big difficulty with this type of project is knowing who you are dealing with. It may be the company or it may be an outsourcer. Dealing directly with a company through Fiverr on something like this sounds unlikely to me - there are (as I am sure you know) many sites which specialize in this type of project. It seems more likely that this is a reseller from one of said sites in which case it is a risky project.

I vaguely remember being asked about something like this some years back (when I started) and it just seemed too good to be true so I rejected it. There were a few red flags regarding the process and inconsistency with the name of the person I was dealing with. Just be careful, as @misscrystal said, a new seller getting such a big project is unusual.

Hi Janet,

The concerns of the other commenters is warranted here.

It is an interesting gig, I would say quite unique here. In terms of how it is paid, there is no way to manage/guarantee that would happen. The big difficulty with this type of project is knowing who you are dealing with. It may be the company or it may be an outsourcer. Dealing directly with a company through Fiverr on something like this sounds unlikely to me - there are (as I am sure you know) many sites which specialize in this type of project. It seems more likely that this is a reseller from one of said sites in which case it is a risky project.

I vaguely remember being asked about something like this some years back (when I started) and it just seemed too good to be true so I rejected it. There were a few red flags regarding the process and inconsistency with the name of the person I was dealing with. Just be careful, as @misscrystal said, a new seller getting such a big project is unusual.

That’s it, this is an outsourcer trying to get someone to do all the work which he then delivers and he gets paid and the OP gets nothing.

I congratulate you on the job. It is great you can get such a job here. I agree with others. The way Fiverr is structured, even if you meet the two week goal, the buyer can cancel any time for no reason, and they can go to paypal and ask for a refund, which will freeze your Fiverr account. I would ask for the money up front or half now and half when you get 10.

Again, there is risk that the buyer will cancel the order or ask for a refund at any time. Lets hope that never comes, but be wary. Such large orders with such long milestones are not the norm here.

Just looking at your profile and experience I have some thoughts:

You could do so many gigs such as resume writing or review, cover letters, interview preparedness, and all things that may fall under HR or people looking for work. With your experience, those types of gigs are in high demand.

Your voice gig is great, but a completely different realm from the HR one. I would suggest staying consistent in keeping your gigs in the HR theme. Perhaps you offer voice overs for hr ads or videos?

You can do well here with your skill set. All about presentation as I am sure you know.

When I started I was all over the place doing virtual assistant, poetry writing, web content, and trying different things. just to get work and reviews. I’m now at 3 Gigs that are all writing based.

Lots of folks thing the more Gigs the better, when the opposite is true. A few well designed and related Gigs are best. I do web content and write blogs, which go hand in hand. People hire me to write the web content, then come back for my blogs or listicles.

Food for thought.

Archived