Fiverr Community Forum

My First GST Bill :)

One nation, one tax. Biggest economic reform in India since the opening of the Indian economy in 1991 starts today. Bill from my friendly neighborhood restaurant where I have breakfast every weekend :slight_smile: The usual, Idly, Vada and Coffee.

5 Likes

Does it mean income tax and the tax you when we eat in a restaurant, etc, is considered the same type of tax? I apologize for my ignorance. I can find an article to read, but it´s still early and I haven´t had my coffee. :innocent:

1 Like

Income tax is different…this is sales tax. So far every state in India had its own sales tax, now same sales tax for all :slight_smile:

1 Like

:sun_with_face: I see, I see :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Oh! Nice.

You should keep that as a souvenir :sparkles:

1 Like

Thats looking cool. Hoping this will change all economic of india.

1 Like

Would mind sharing that how much tax you used to pay before GST? It would really put things into perspective.

1 Like

Not much change…basically it is the same sales tax, but same for all over India. Might be 1-3% difference on the upside or downside, but no major change as such.

LOL. :joy: Some people keep receipts though, me for instance (not all receipts of course, just for some things which guarantee is not expired yet). :innocent: I am the accountant at home. My husband is not so organized when it comes to papers (any papers - documents, receipts, guarantee cards, etc).

it will be little change - If you’re a Service provider and registered in GST then you can claim Refund on - whatever you’ve purchased and paid GST.

1 Like

Didn’t know that…

Previously, Service provider can’t avail Credit on Sales tax Item But Now it’ possible to gst.

1 Like

I didn’t mean it in positive, entirely…

I would like to see @writer99025 climb his Mt. Everest of Fiverr… cross threshold of 20L…begin to file 3 GST returns every month… and then look at this bill and say to himself, “DAMN! THE GOOD OLD DAYS BEFORE THESE THINGS CAME AROUND!!” :smile:

1 Like

@ghemachandar1 Looks like I got lost in translation. So, I can´t comment more. I´d better look up and read about GST just for the sake of curiousity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The 20L threshold seems to be an interesting challenge. Logically speaking, I can cross it, provided I raise my prices to $10/article and my regular clients keep ordering. A better option is to branch off to business copywriting with new gigs, charge higher rates and attract new clients. But yes, that is something I want to do.

[I hope to do that not this year, but the next year. Not that I will make much money out of it - 30% income tax, 18% GST and 3L to PM Modi’s 2019 campaign, which I have promised myself long time back, so not much more than what I make right now from freelancing.]