My First Month on Fiverr I made $15

joshcates

It might not seem like a lot to some sellers who are more experienced, but for me this is a really cool and great thing! I never would have believed six months ago that someone would pay me to narrate something for them. Here’s hoping to many more opportunities and a long stay.

Thanks Fiverr!

Congratulations, joshcates! You’re right; it doesn’t sound like a lot of money but there is a certain satisfaction in being compensated for doing something you are skilled at and enjoy. That you are appreciative says a lot about you as voice talent, and more importantly, as a person. I’ve been on Fiverr for less than 2 weeks (as a voice talent as well) and haven’t generated any sales as of yet but your post is an encouragement to me. I am grateful for the opportunity to be here and hopefully we can encourage each other as we take our first steps.

Congratulations, joshcates! You’re right; it doesn’t sound like a lot of money but there is a certain satisfaction in being compensated for doing something you are skilled at and enjoy. That you are appreciative says a lot about you as voice talent, and more importantly, as a person. I’ve been on Fiverr for less than 2 weeks (as a voice talent as well) and haven’t generated any sales as of yet but your post is an encouragement to me. I am grateful for the opportunity to be here and hopefully we can encourage each other as we take our first steps.

You’ll do great! It’s hard hawking the buyer requests as new talent, but that’s where I’ve received all of my orders from. Keep it up!

If you haven’t already, test different keywords and titles for your gig–I noticed I got a lot more attention when I changed these around.

You’ll do great! It’s hard hawking the buyer requests as new talent, but that’s where I’ve received all of my orders from. Keep it up!

If you haven’t already, test different keywords and titles for your gig–I noticed I got a lot more attention when I changed these around.

Thanks for the great advice and words of encouragement!

Hi, Josh!

Welcome to Fiverr & the Community! 🎉

That’s a good start and a great attitude, too. I usually get asked for male VO recommendations
(so I’ve added you to my list)

Cheers to many more! 🍹

I really dig your beard by the way! 🙂

Hi, Josh!

Welcome to Fiverr & the Community! 🎉

That’s a good start and a great attitude, too. I usually get asked for male VO recommendations

(so I’ve added you to my list)

Cheers to many more! 🍹

I really dig your beard by the way! 🙂

Thank you very much for the support. :star_struck:

I am thankful that the community on the forums is so kind, especially in comparison to some other places that I’ve been.

I will check out your gigs too!

Thank you about the beard–it’s really just a cover up, I have a very round face and I don’t want anyone to see. 😱

Congrats!!

Hey,$15 is a lot!
When I first started Fiverr my first order was $5, and even though I was quite confident with my skills, still I was worried if I would ever get orders or not. I was so thrilled when I got my first order, and later on when I got a $15 order it made me do the happy dance!

This is just the start, I’m sure you will be getting $50 orders, and then $100!

Good luck 😃

and oh, Nika already mentioned but your beard is indeed lovely.

@joshcates Congratulations, $15 is a start, not bad at all! I am a new seller too and although the income potential brought most (if not all) of us here, the point is to build a freelancing business that can thrive. It might sound very profound but quality service and customer satisfaction should be the goals, income will follow sooner or later.

It might not seem like a lot to some sellers who are more experienced, but for me this is a really cool and great thing! I never would have believed six months ago that someone would pay me to narrate something for them. Here’s hoping to many more opportunities and a long stay.

Thanks Fiverr!

Fabulous! Well done you! 🙂

Seems that you have a great voice, you will get bombarded soon by sellers who are providing animations and videos. They are the key to skyrocket your sales. Make sure you contact them from time to time providing them with a better offer than the competition. Congrats and good luck with your sales.

Seems that you have a great voice, you will get bombarded soon by sellers who are providing animations and videos. They are the key to skyrocket your sales. Make sure you contact them from time to time providing them with a better offer than the competition. Congrats and good luck with your sales.

They are the key to skyrocket your sales. Make sure you contact them from time to time providing them with a better offer than the competition

Contacting ANYONE to offer your services to them is spam and will get you BANNED

They are the key to skyrocket your sales. Make sure you contact them from time to time providing them with a better offer than the competition

Contacting ANYONE to offer your services to them is spam and will get you BANNED

Well, I got a few messages like this and they were gold as I was able to collaborate with those seller getting a better offer than what most sellers provide.

I’m not saying to send 100 messages daily, but from time to time you can make a ‘collaboration proposal’.

As long as the message is not irrelevant or annoying I’m not really sure why someone will mark it as a spam.

Well, I got a few messages like this and they were gold as I was able to collaborate with those seller getting a better offer than what most sellers provide.

I’m not saying to send 100 messages daily, but from time to time you can make a ‘collaboration proposal’.

As long as the message is not irrelevant or annoying I’m not really sure why someone will mark it as a spam.

I mark any of these I receive as spam because that is what they are. I certainly don’t encourage that behavior by buying from them!

• 1 year later...

Yes. You can do it. Keep it up. Extra income would be great for modern life style. But make sure that don’r solely rely on Fiverr if you want to be full time freelancer, Make some other paths too. Meanwhile build your own web site, keep experimenting and do some marvelous things. Wish you all the best for your future.

Archived