My first order was cancelled and I got 0% completion rate. I want to delete my acc

Hi there.

Well, probably you are thinking “this guy probably sucks”. Let me tell you the story.

I’ve made my first gig and waited patiently for my first order. After a couple months, it came. The guy asked me to make a bass line for his song. He told me “take the lead”. He said he couldn’t come up with a better bassline and asked me for something more.

I was like “Great, I’ll do it”. After 1 or 2 days, I sent him the bassline. It was groovy with some off tempo licks.

He hated it. But instead asking for a revisions, he wants to cancel. And he said “it is best for you if you cancel”. Is that a threat? I though: “he is going to leave me a terrible review, even if I send him another version”.

Since he asked for it, I we cancelled.

And now I have my Gig with 0% completion rate, which is certainly a turn off for any new potential buyer.

I really want to delete this account and start over. Can you help me telling me how can I delete it? Thanks.

Hi.

First, you delivered as per your description so go to CS and explain them this the same calm way you did here and they will remove the negative impact this had on your account. Also up your prices and make sure to have more details in mandatory requirements. Specify that you will provide work as per your samples and do not accept “disliking so won’t pay you” nonsense.

Unless your work is really poor.

If you delivered good work,. And it is available in order communication send that to CS.

Hey,

I’m sorry you had this experience. Don’t delete your account. Buyers don’t actually see our stats, only we and CS can see them. As Marina said, you should go to CS and ask to have this reset. You might be lucky and if they won’t do it, it will be back to 100% after 60 days, which is a drag, but it’s not forever. I’m not 100% sure, but deleting one account and starting another may get you flagged as multiple accounts aren’t allowed and can get everything deleted.

Your profile and gigs are great but your prices are too low. I get that it’s scary to dive straight in with mid-high prices when starting on a new platform but…commercial rights and unlimited revisions for $10? You’re selling yourself short, friend. And bin unlimited revisions straight away, that’s caused a headache for so many sellers because if you get a buyer who is that way out, there’s nothing to stop them haunting you for the rest of your life. Go with 1 or 2 revisions included, anything after that is an extra they pay for.

Don’t lose heart. You’re obviously very talented and unfortunately, we all come across at least one absolute sweetheart of a buyer who kicks off for whatever reason and ruins our day by cancelling or whatever. There’s actually a dedicated ranting category on the forum full of sellers blowing off steam, it can really help and can be quite funny too 🙂

Don’t fall at the first hurdle.

Hi.

First, you delivered as per your description so go to CS and explain them this the same calm way you did here and they will remove the negative impact this had on your account. Also up your prices and make sure to have more details in mandatory requirements. Specify that you will provide work as per your samples and do not accept “disliking so won’t pay you” nonsense.

Unless your work is really poor.

If you delivered good work,. And it is available in order communication send that to CS.

Thank Marina. I’ve done what you said. I’ve sent the conversation to the CS and asked if they could remove. If don’t, I’ll just have to wait. Thanks a lot for the help.

Hey,

I’m sorry you had this experience. Don’t delete your account. Buyers don’t actually see our stats, only we and CS can see them. As Marina said, you should go to CS and ask to have this reset. You might be lucky and if they won’t do it, it will be back to 100% after 60 days, which is a drag, but it’s not forever. I’m not 100% sure, but deleting one account and starting another may get you flagged as multiple accounts aren’t allowed and can get everything deleted.

Your profile and gigs are great but your prices are too low. I get that it’s scary to dive straight in with mid-high prices when starting on a new platform but…commercial rights and unlimited revisions for $10? You’re selling yourself short, friend. And bin unlimited revisions straight away, that’s caused a headache for so many sellers because if you get a buyer who is that way out, there’s nothing to stop them haunting you for the rest of your life. Go with 1 or 2 revisions included, anything after that is an extra they pay for.

Don’t lose heart. You’re obviously very talented and unfortunately, we all come across at least one absolute sweetheart of a buyer who kicks off for whatever reason and ruins our day by cancelling or whatever. There’s actually a dedicated ranting category on the forum full of sellers blowing off steam, it can really help and can be quite funny too 🙂

Don’t fall at the first hurdle.

Hello leannelrivers.

You just saved my day. I was tormenting myself about it. Since you told me the costumers don’t actually see that status, it changed everything. I actually paused the gig because I was affraid of how the costumers would see that. Thank you a lot. I changed my mind completely thanks to you. I was going to give up on fiverr. Thank you.

May I ask what is it that you want?

Do you want to work on Fiverr because you need money or just need extra income?

Do you have enough income to support yourself at the moment?

What are the things you are comfortable doing?

Would you be OK with youtube success? Or you prefer work get paid system?

The reason I am asking this is because you have triple Jackpot. Nationality, location and music instrument.

If you rewamp your youtube channel you could have income there.

You just need to find an angle, approach to YouTube that viewers will find interesting. A lot of people can’t travel so you being able to show Japan and play bass in middle of the field would be interesting.

Do you have pet?

Research how to make catchy YT video titles, SEO description and tags, thumbnails, come up with branding for your channel.

And then include you work on Fiverr.

Hello leannelrivers.

You just saved my day. I was tormenting myself about it. Since you told me the costumers don’t actually see that status, it changed everything. I actually paused the gig because I was affraid of how the costumers would see that. Thank you a lot. I changed my mind completely thanks to you. I was going to give up on fiverr. Thank you.

No worries!

I remember when I was new to Fiverr, I cancelled an order because the buyer put in a way smaller word count than his actual script (I’m a voice over artist) in order to pay less. My delivery rate dropped and I was telling new clients not to be discouraged by my stats. They had no idea what I was talking about haha. You live and learn! I also went from Level two to level one because one guy decided to go with an American VO instead of British. Not a legit reason to take my work AND my money, but he was allowed to cancel anyway. That sucked, but after 60 days and a few more orders I was back up to level two, then I hit Top Rated. That’s when I decided to stop focussing altogether on stats because when you get TRS the anxiety is there that something will happen to knock you down. In all honesty, I think levels are great because they communicate reliability and quality to clients, but my workflow never suffered due to fluctuations in level status and I got a bunch of orders when I had no level at all.

I think the point I’m trying to make is that it sucks sometimes, some buyers leave a lot to be desired when it comes to work ethic, but it ain’t worth losing sleep over.

Archived