My fiverr story

jaylawshegs200

I have heard experts say all you need to make your first sale is to promote your gigs to the right people at the right places. Though this is a very awesome tip but i have to tell you something they fail to tell all of us especially those who are starting new; You also need a bit of luck. In my little time on fiverr, i found out that after promoting to the right places for close to 4 months, i did not have anything to show for it and so i decided to do something that a normal business shop would not have done. I wrote free articles for 10 people. On the day i decided to do this, i got a message from a top rated seller and he said “You can’t make sales simply by writing free contents. Buyers need a seller who has gotten reviews from other buyers before they can trust you to help with their work and as far as your account is concerned, there is no such review. So, even if you write a hundred free articles, you may never get a real buyer.” This message broke my heart but i didn’t accept defeat and so i wrote free articles for 10 people. The testimony is evident today as after 3 days, i became a level 1seller and i just need 3 more orders to get to level 2.

TRY TO OFFER SOMETHING OF VALUE FOR FREE TODAY AND SPEND THE REST OF YOUR DAYS REAPING THE BENEFITS OF THAT DECISION.

Jaylawshegs200

Sheriff’s Note: Please limit posting a topic to One Category, One Time. Posting a topic Four times in Four categories is considered Spam. Thanks.

Guest celticmoon

@jaylawshegs200 First, please heed the Sheriff’s warning, as spamming the forums is definitely not a way to win over fellow Fiverr members, and we’re potential buyers, too.

Second, I’m very glad for you that this idea worked and that you’ve now generated sales. But I happen to think that this may not work or be needed for everybody. Perhaps for sellers in crowded categories, though, this is a good ploy to spark interest and get those first sales going. If you offer unique, interesting or unusual gigs, though, this kind of thing isn’t necessary. I started making sales as soon as I posted my gigs, but my category isn’t as overcrowded as some, I think.

Archived