My gig dropped from page 1 to nowhere

Hello, I’m a straight 5 star provider and recently my gig has dropped from page one to absolutely nowhere! No complaints from customers, did not change my title or description…it just dropped.

Does anyone know why this could happen and why? Maybe if one of the mods is reading can provide an advice on why this happened and how to prevent it.

Someone may come along and provide details on all the possibilities, but, the short answer is that it just happens that way. There is nothing you can do to prevent it. You are just as likely to show up at the top as you are at the bottom at any given time. And also remember that Fiverr makes no guarantees of any particular gigs displaying anywhere on the site other than the user’s profile, at any time.

The best thing to do is to promote your gigs off site and drive your own traffic directly to them.

Thanks for this, I kind of knew that but there’s always that lingering hope that just for doing your job to the best of your abilities one will somehow be rewarded…guess not!

Reply to @purger1: Ha! Most of my Fiverr money has been going into learning how to adjust that outdated mindset! :wink:

You could always contact CS to ask if there’s a reason. They may do something about it. Back in the day folks advised asking to be ‘featured’ - it may work.

@purger1 You’ve done something. It isn’t just an arbitrary thing, as some might suggest or be willing to sit back and accept. One of your stats is off, my guess your cancellation rate has hit 10%, or if not, it has approached it in combination with another high stat. Look at your analytics: Conversion, cancellation, your gig impression trends at 30 and 7 day, and also positive reviews to orders created ratio. That’s a big one. I don’t show up in featured or recommended, but I usually show up in the top ten for high rated in my category. The stat path is narrow, and if you roll off either side, you need to tighten something up. Good luck!

But have your sales fallen? I noticed that I can’t find my own gigs, or when I can, they’re quite a ways toward the bottom of the list, but I’m still getting sales. I don’t understand the process, but it doesn’t seem to have hurt me.

webtelly said: You've done something. It isn't just an arbitrary thing, as some might suggest or be willing to sit back and accept. One of your stats is off, my guess your cancellation rate has hit 10%, or if not, it has approached it in combination with another high stat. Look at your analytics: Conversion, cancellation, your gig impression trends at 30 and 7 day, and also positive reviews to orders created ratio.

That's all great advice, but only if the information one is working with is accurate! A quick read through the forums will expose a boatload of bug complaints - a good portion of which are from people who know the problems and the fixes. Using analytics to pinpoint actionable situations ONLY works when the statistics are reliable.

I am a proponent of pro-activity, but it's a waste to play along with an inherently flawed system when that energy can go directly into making sales.

Reply to @jamesbulls: Because the process is in a continual state of flux - intentionally and accidentally. That’s how Fiverr is. But as you say, it’s not hurting your sales. And if your sales do take a down-turn (I Hope they don’t), it will be equally as explainable as to why. Obviously, there can be ‘indicators’, but rarely actual proof of cause and effect. :slight_smile: