Fiverr Forum

My gig got denied for NO reason?

I used to have a very successful writing gig, and this gig had nothing but 5 star ratings on it. I was averaging around 3K views per month and everything was fine, but just now I got an email from Fiverr saying that my gig has been denied because apparently someone made a “third-party complaint” saying that I copied someone else’s intellectual property. (?)

The gig title was “I will write ANYTHING for you, articles, content, resumes, etc.” and the description stated that I would write anything for my clients, like short stories, poetry, product reviews, web content, resumes, letters, bios, etc. and I had put a word limit of 500 words for each $5 order.

Now I’m confused why this got flagged all of a sudden. My gig has been there for months! :frowning:

Recreate the gig & make sure everything you write moving forward is absolutely original. I’m not saying what you wrote before wasn’t, just to be extra careful in the future. You might want to make it a point to run everything through copyscape before you deliver.

Unfortunately, even thought copyscape is hugely flawed and will flag almost anything written - especially sales copy or informative articles (there are only so many ways to arrange words to get a specific message across), many buyers use copyscape without understanding that. It would probably be worth your while to avoid the nuisances later. Good luck. :slight_smile:

i think its more of a glitch on fiverr’s part, sometimes a gig just gets denied for strange reasons, re-create the gig and see what happens.

LOL Fiverr does this all the time!

Force them to reinstate the original gig with all the reviews and star ratings by making them prove that it is your fault at hand. Otherwise, there is a problem with customer service, just like Paypal where they think there is a problem with you but it is, rather, a problem with them. Fiverr is slowly becoming Paypal, randomly flagging down accounts/gigs, just like how Paypal randomly freezes accounts.

bpcfix777 said: Force them to reinstate the original gig with all the reviews and star ratings by making them prove that it is your fault at hand. Otherwise, there is a problem with customer service...
There is no way to force Fiverr to do anything! One can ask, but there can often be a problem with support and many times it's easier to just cut one's losses and move on, instead of spending hours and potentially waiting weeks for any sort of resolution from support.

It's entirely down to the person who has the issue to decide which path to take. :)