My gig is last on the search page (despite having perfect reviews)

agustnscavino

Hello! My name is Agustin, I’ve been working on Fiverr for the last 5 months. I’ve completed more than 50 works, all with perfect reviews.

The last month all my sales, impressions and views started to decrease progressively, until now that I’m not getting any sale at all.

I’ve looked at my main gig on the search page using different keywords and always appears last, despite having 5 star rating and more sales than the other gigs.

About 7 weeks ago I had to cancel an order due to a very problematic client. This is the only reason that comes to mind since Fiverr alerted me that my gig would be affected. Anyway, I find it very strange that for a single cancellation compared to +50 completed orders they send my gig to the bottom of the search page.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you have any recommendations to give me? Does the penalty for canceled order go away after some time?

Many thanks!

Hello! My name is Agustin, I’ve been working on Fiverr for the last 5 months. I’ve completed more than 50 works, all with perfect reviews.

The last month all my sales, impressions and views started to decrease progressively, until now that I’m not getting any sale at all.

I’ve looked at my main gig on the search page using different keywords and always appears last, despite having 5 star rating and more sales than the other gigs.

About 7 weeks ago I had to cancel an order due to a very problematic client. This is the only reason that comes to mind since Fiverr alerted me that my gig would be affected. Anyway, I find it very strange that for a single cancellation compared to +50 completed orders they send my gig to the bottom of the search page.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you have any recommendations to give me? Does the penalty for canceled order go away after some time?

Many thanks!

I find it very strange that for a single cancellation compared to +50 completed orders they send my gig to the bottom of the search page.

Fiverr did not intentionally “send your gig to the bottom of the search page”. The algorithm shifts gigs all the time. No seller is guaranteed to appear where they want to appear in the search results. That’s not how Fiverr works.

If you want to improve your visibility, be a great seller, who delivers top-quality work, that earns high reviews. Over time, your gig will likely rise and be seen more easily in the search results.

“Send to bottom of the page”

I don’t know how you can complain about an algorithm/market when you dont know how algorithms work and why businesses set them up the way they do.

An algorithm is a program of conditions that dictate a set of actions and THAT is what places you. It is NOT a manual placement of: this buyer goes in spot 12 and this one in 56. Doesn’t happen and suggesting Fiverr is punishing you is not correct.

It is dynamic, not static and there are many factors involved. Your personal performance doesn’t = their goals for their business and they don’t owe it to you to keep you ranking high. Entitlement will not help you in business.

Dont worry my friend. i also face this type of problem . nothing to worry about it. stay online on fiverr after some days your gig comes same page which they are. but remain online on fiverr and do one and two order complete.

I understand that it’s an algorithm and of course I know that it is not a manual placement. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

My question was to better understand how this algorithm works, not to blame Fiverr for this.

I think you need to educate yourself on how algorithms in general work before you can even begin to project how the Fiverr one might.

No business is going to make it evident how their algorithm works because then people would game the system.

At the end of the day, it wouldn’t help you because most of the factors aren’t in your control and being high in a ranking means nothing unless you’re selling something people really want that has high demand, but low competition. Why not focus on that instead of trying to find some trick to rank higher (you won’t find one – they don’t exist)?

Archived