My gig was at top 5, now nowhere

solomon1a

Hello

It is been 5 years now on Fiverr, My gig was constantly ranked in top 5 But since last month it sometimes vanished from search result sometimes on top. It is been 4 days now gig is activate but no where in the search result.

Anyone is facing this issue?

Kind regards

Solomon

Something is definitely not right. I have been selling for a year and all of my gigs were always best-selling in their categories. Around May (When the impression bug appeared) all of my gigs went to the last page and a bunch of other sellers are reporting the same issue. I contacted CS about it but not much has been done. I hope that they can fix it soon so that everything can run as smooth as before.

Something is definitely not right. I have been selling for a year and all of my gigs were always best-selling in their categories. Around May (When the impression bug appeared) all of my gigs went to the last page and a bunch of other sellers are reporting the same issue. I contacted CS about it but not much has been done. I hope that they can fix it soon so that everything can run as smooth as before.

Hope they will sort it out soon, it is really a pain for me 😕

Yes! CS told me that the sellers who perform the best get to be on the first page after I confronted them about the bug so they pretty much hinted that it’s not their fault but that is absolutely not the case. The whole gig deranking happened at the start of May and a lot of sellers are reporting that problem. I still have repeat and loyal customers so I scored around 10-20 orders but no new messages, no new impressions even after my gig has been receiving orders and when I click the best-selling filter the best-selling gigs are gigs with 1 review. Like hell, I received 10 times that just from my repeat customers. Something’s going on and we need to report it, a lot of sellers are experiencing the same bug but CS is denying that there is a problem. For me it’s a fact. Check my other threads:

First thread:

Hello guys! So basically, the thread name sums it up. Since last week I’ve been getting orders only from repeat customers and I’ve been getting 1-2 messages a day, while usually, I get 5-10 messages a day. Last month was and I was bombarded with orders/messages, some of the days I had to respond to 15+ potential customers but something’s not right since last week. The only orders I’m working on are from repeat customers. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Second thread:

Hello guys! So, my best selling gig with 231 full 5-star reviews out of 235 (for less than a year) who was always top 3 best-selling in its category went from first to last page. Last week I posted a thread on here where I complained that for some reason after my best month on Fiverr I stopped receiving any impressions and I didn’t get any new orders since their last update - I even posted a thread on it but I still did pretty well because I have repeat customers so I maintained solid 2 orders a…

Yes! CS told me that the sellers who perform the best get to be on the first page after I confronted them about the bug so they pretty much hinted that it’s not their fault but that is absolutely not the case. The whole gig deranking happened at the start of May and a lot of sellers are reporting that problem. I still have repeat and loyal customers so I scored around 10-20 orders but no new messages, no new impressions even after my gig has been receiving orders and when I click the best-selling filter the best-selling gigs are gigs with 1 review. Like hell, I received 10 times that just from my repeat customers. Something’s going on and we need to report it, a lot of sellers are experiencing the same bug but CS is denying that there is a problem. For me it’s a fact. Check my other threads:

First thread:

Hello guys! So basically, the thread name sums it up. Since last week I’ve been getting orders only from repeat customers and I’ve been getting 1-2 messages a day, while usually, I get 5-10 messages a day. Last month was and I was bombarded with orders/messages, some of the days I had to respond to 15+ potential customers but something’s not right since last week. The only orders I’m working on are from repeat customers. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Second thread:

Hello guys! So, my best selling gig with 231 full 5-star reviews out of 235 (for less than a year) who was always top 3 best-selling in its category went from first to last page. Last week I posted a thread on here where I complained that for some reason after my best month on Fiverr I stopped receiving any impressions and I didn’t get any new orders since their last update - I even posted a thread on it but I still did pretty well because I have repeat customers so I maintained solid 2 orders a…

The whole gig deranking happened at the start of May and a lot of sellers are reporting that problem.

There is no such thing as “gig rank” in the search results. Gigs vary in search position, and are not guaranteed to be at the top. I’ve had gigs drop to the bottom, rise to the top, settle in the middle… it’s how the algorithm works, and I’ve been on Fiverr (to experience this) many years longer than you. This sort of thing happens to every seller. Just be a great seller, and let the algorithm do its thing.

I would have to agree with Fiverr too, they neither manipulate the search results (i.e., the algorithm runs on its own), nor do they guarantee any specific (or permanent) position in the results.

Something’s going on and we need to report it, a lot of sellers are experiencing the same bug but CS is denying that there is a problem.

That’s because there is no problem. This is how the search algorithm works. And no, it’s not a bug.

The whole gig deranking happened at the start of May and a lot of sellers are reporting that problem.

There is no such thing as “gig rank” in the search results. Gigs vary in search position, and are not guaranteed to be at the top. I’ve had gigs drop to the bottom, rise to the top, settle in the middle… it’s how the algorithm works, and I’ve been on Fiverr (to experience this) many years longer than you. This sort of thing happens to every seller. Just be a great seller, and let the algorithm do its thing.

I would have to agree with Fiverr too, they neither manipulate the search results (i.e., the algorithm runs on its own), nor do they guarantee any specific (or permanent) position in the results.

Something’s going on and we need to report it, a lot of sellers are experiencing the same bug but CS is denying that there is a problem.

That’s because there is no problem. This is how the search algorithm works. And no, it’s not a bug.

But it is a thing when a bug in the platform appears and then out of nowhere a bunch of sellers have the same issue. The first page is full of poor performance gigs but my gig with 231 full 5 star reviews (out of 235) is at the last page. The best-selling filter also doesn’t work apparently as I had around 10 orders for the last few days by repeat clients, 4 orders in queue at once but the best-selling gigs right now are… 1 star gigs with 0 queued orders? Something’s not right and I’m sure of it. Gigs who perform good are boosted, that’s how the algorithm should work. My gig has always been performing great, in fact I lost my first page spot right after my best month on here, around the time when the “Impression” bug appeared so I’m pretty much sure that it has something to do with that.

But it is a thing when a bug in the platform appears and then out of nowhere a bunch of sellers have the same issue. The first page is full of poor performance gigs but my gig with 231 full 5 star reviews (out of 235) is at the last page. The best-selling filter also doesn’t work apparently as I had around 10 orders for the last few days by repeat clients, 4 orders in queue at once but the best-selling gigs right now are… 1 star gigs with 0 queued orders? Something’s not right and I’m sure of it. Gigs who perform good are boosted, that’s how the algorithm should work. My gig has always been performing great, in fact I lost my first page spot right after my best month on here, around the time when the “Impression” bug appeared so I’m pretty much sure that it has something to do with that.

But it is a thing when a bug in the platform appears and then out of nowhere a bunch of sellers have the same issue.

New sellers who want to remain at the top of the search results have been complaining about this very thing for years. It is not a bug, and it is not new. It is how the Fiverr search system works.

The first page is full of poor performance gigs but my gig with 231 full 5 star reviews (out of 235) is at the last page.

This sounds a little selfish. Maybe Fiverr wants to give those “poor performance gigs” a chance to improve their visibility and performance. Why do you feel that your gig does not have to compete for visibility? There are thousands of other sellers who want to be at the top too.

Something’s not right and I’m sure of it.

And I can assure you, gig rotation is not new, nor is there anything different with how things have been working now, than they were before. Just because your gig has entered rotation, doesn’t mean that there is something wrong. Not every seller can be at the top. Like I said… rotation. Your gig might be at the bottom now… it could be back at the top in a few weeks. No one is entitled to be on the first page, just because they think they belong there. We all rotate in the results. It’s how the system works.

I lost my first page spot right after my best month on here, around the time when the “Impression” bug appeared so I’m pretty much sure that it has something to do with that.

A bug in how analytics are displayed has nothing to do with where your gig is in the search results. It’s an analytics display bug. Fiverr has even said as much. The algorithm is working exactly as it is supposed to, which would seem to be evidenced by what Fiverr has told you, specifically.

But it is a thing when a bug in the platform appears and then out of nowhere a bunch of sellers have the same issue.

New sellers who want to remain at the top of the search results have been complaining about this very thing for years. It is not a bug, and it is not new. It is how the Fiverr search system works.

The first page is full of poor performance gigs but my gig with 231 full 5 star reviews (out of 235) is at the last page.

This sounds a little selfish. Maybe Fiverr wants to give those “poor performance gigs” a chance to improve their visibility and performance. Why do you feel that your gig does not have to compete for visibility? There are thousands of other sellers who want to be at the top too.

Something’s not right and I’m sure of it.

And I can assure you, gig rotation is not new, nor is there anything different with how things have been working now, than they were before. Just because your gig has entered rotation, doesn’t mean that there is something wrong. Not every seller can be at the top. Like I said… rotation. Your gig might be at the bottom now… it could be back at the top in a few weeks. No one is entitled to be on the first page, just because they think they belong there. We all rotate in the results. It’s how the system works.

I lost my first page spot right after my best month on here, around the time when the “Impression” bug appeared so I’m pretty much sure that it has something to do with that.

A bug in how analytics are displayed has nothing to do with where your gig is in the search results. It’s an analytics display bug. Fiverr has even said as much. The algorithm is working exactly as it is supposed to, which would seem to be evidenced by what Fiverr has told you, specifically.

No, nothing is working as intended. I’ll give you an example - I just checked my orders page and I have completed 13 orders for the last week just from repeat customers, but I am at the last page with the Best-selling filter applied, which is definitely not the case as I’ve been spectating and observing each gig on the first page. Most of the gigs are gigs without reviews, 1 5 star review for the last month or gigs with 4.3 star 10 total reviews. As for the gig rotation - you’re totally missing the point of how it works. The highest performance gigs are up there, the mid-tier gigs are tossed in the back a little to make room for new potential sellers and the low performance gigs are deranked. I always invest 150% of my energy in my work and that’s how I became a best-seller. I have been one for the last year, my stats were always 100% and my profile has a full 5 star rating estimated from almost 500 reviews. And yeah, you can send me the same robotic response about an issue that you’re not experiencing but I know for a fact that something’s not right because the math doesn’t work. 13 orders and 11 reviews for a week on a single gig and my gig is the last gig on the 5th and last page. Gigs with 1 review from 5 months ago and zero queued orders for the last week have been on the FIRST page, both in search results and with the “Best-selling” filter applied. And A LOT of sellers are reporting this issue. Just for the past few hours we have 40+ sellers who reported it and it’s literally the same story where literally all of the details from A to Z match.

No, nothing is working as intended. I’ll give you an example - I just checked my orders page and I have completed 13 orders for the last week just from repeat customers, but I am at the last page with the Best-selling filter applied, which is definitely not the case as I’ve been spectating and observing each gig on the first page. Most of the gigs are gigs without reviews, 1 5 star review for the last month or gigs with 4.3 star 10 total reviews. As for the gig rotation - you’re totally missing the point of how it works. The highest performance gigs are up there, the mid-tier gigs are tossed in the back a little to make room for new potential sellers and the low performance gigs are deranked. I always invest 150% of my energy in my work and that’s how I became a best-seller. I have been one for the last year, my stats were always 100% and my profile has a full 5 star rating estimated from almost 500 reviews. And yeah, you can send me the same robotic response about an issue that you’re not experiencing but I know for a fact that something’s not right because the math doesn’t work. 13 orders and 11 reviews for a week on a single gig and my gig is the last gig on the 5th and last page. Gigs with 1 review from 5 months ago and zero queued orders for the last week have been on the FIRST page, both in search results and with the “Best-selling” filter applied. And A LOT of sellers are reporting this issue. Just for the past few hours we have 40+ sellers who reported it and it’s literally the same story where literally all of the details from A to Z match.

You have already posted this exact block of text in another thread. Copy-pasting your comments in multiple forums comes across as spam. Please stop doing it.

You have already posted this exact block of text in another thread. Copy-pasting your comments in multiple forums comes across as spam. Please stop doing it.

Yes, this was where I intended to post it originally, you are commenting on multiple threads so it’s hard to keep track.

I also facing the same issue from last few months, i contacted CS many time but they told me that’s because of my performance. I completed many order and even my gig is not showing anywhere. and sellers who don’t have any reviews yet but there gig is showing at top.

It is part of the algorithm, from time to time it changes to give opportunities to other freelancers. This is the time where you have to continue delivering and showing the algorithm that you are worth the first page spots.

I also observe it too, because whenever i have a load of order my gig stops rankings and when i deliver the order, my gig starts ranking.

Honestly speaking, i am on Fiverr since 2014, and since 2017 my gig was floating in top 5, but since only two months my gig is nowhere not even in the end of the page for that particular keyword, at least it should be at any place, on top, in middle, or at least at the end of result?

What kind of algo is it? I mean i suspect it is a bug 🐛 if it was an algo then at least my gig should somewhere in the list?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Absolutely right, i am also not complaining, everyone has equal rights to show their talent but it’s not Like that old talented artist or seller Should not be anywhere in the market.

Honestly speaking, i am on Fiverr since 2014, and since 2017 my gig was floating in top 5, but since only two months my gig is nowhere not even in the end of the page for that particular keyword, at least it should be at any place, on top, in middle, or at least at the end of result?

What kind of algo is it? I mean i suspect it is a bug 🐛 if it was an algo then at least my gig should somewhere in the list?

Honestly speaking, i am on Fiverr since 2014

This would appear to be incorrect. Your account says you’ve been on Fiverr since February 2016.

What kind of algo is it? I mean i suspect it is a bug

It is an algorithm that Fiverr has said – many times – is working as it should. Just because your gig is now showing up where you want it to show up, does not mean there is a bug in the system.

Keep in mind too, where YOU see your gig show up, is not what other people see. So, if you can’t find your gig, that doesn’t mean other people see the same thing. The algorithm shows gigs in different places, for different users, all dependent upon factors native to each user. That’s how algorithm’s work.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

it is a bit strange that so many people are complaining about this since May…

Just as many people have been complaining about this for years. Just because YOU are noticing this now – this month – does not mean it’s a new issue.

I do believe they recently changed something in the algorithm.

Fiverr is always fine-tuning the algorithm, just as Google is always fine-tuning their internet search algorithm. This is also nothing new, and has been going on for year. It’s how algorithm’s work. The owner of an algorithm is always improving it, so that it provides a better outcome, according to the needs and metrics of the system.

But it sucks to those who are affected.

Yes, this I can agree with, however, sellers here on Fiverr should not be expecting the algorithm to always work in their favor. Inevitably, it won’t. It is never wise to rely on one source of income. Always been marketing your services ON YOUR OWN, and reaching out to the precise target customers who need the services you offer. It is not Fiverr’s responsibility to make sure sellers appear in the algorithm, or have sales generated within this site.

This is wise advice to everyone – take responsibility for your own success, and don’t expect the Fiverr search system to provide you all of your sales.

First thread:

Second thread:

CS is denying that there is a problem. For me, it’s a fact. Check my other threads:

Completely Agree! Happening to me.

Archived