Fiverr Community Forum

My gig was denied: Random Steam Key

Blockquote
Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings as this is misleading to our buyers.

My gig involded with random steam keys. I bought them through legit sites, such as, Steam, BundleStars, Humble Bundle, IndieGala, etc.
The gig had a screenshot of bundlestars where it showed keys I bought or won or given to. Unless someone knew bundlestars and decided to flag the gig.

What does the gig violate exactly?

Is it because:
Putting my game keys in gigs?
Having similar gig where sellers have random steam key gig (etc.)?
Putting the screenshot of bundlestars (the site is not mine, but the site itself have my properties; via game keys)?

3 Likes

The message means steam, valve or other right holder initiated a legal action by filing a copyright claim against fiverr.
If you have negotiated re seller deals with all developers and publishers involved you could try sending fiverr proof of your re-seller rights and hope the let you recreate the gig.

If that is the case what about other seller who have gigs like this but still are still active? Not trying to make an excuse, however, I noticed looking into other’s gigs, they were paused. In addition, looking more into the seller, the gig were not there. There is the possibility the gigs were removed from the seller but not the links themselves. I find it frustrating despite paused (Removed) gigs, the link are still there.
Can anyone file third party complaint? Why am I not told who made the complaint? Is it to keep privacy? Policy?

We can only speculate but my guess is crawlers are used that target certain keywords and thus some are caught quicker than others.

Not really, you have to show proof of ownership.

Yep a privacy issue, as sellers are anonymous on fiverr the copyright claims are filed against them and thus they cant reveal the identity to you. Unless the copyright holder takes the legal action further.