My long running gig about programming and tech support got denied because "Irrelevant to the marketplace" o.o

Literally 50+ sales, more that a year running and you tell me

Irrelevant to the marketplace - It seems your Gig is not appropriate for the Fiverr marketplace. We suggest that you do some research to see what type of Gigs do well and are in demand by our buyers.

After requesting clarification to the support they say:
“sadly your Gig is not in our Editorial focus at this time”

And then one day later, after more responses from me, they delete my support ticket

Was it this one? I will write unity scripts you need or provide help by custom offer only

In google’s cache of it, there were 23 reviews with the last one about a month ago, not sure if that is accurate or not, but it probably was not a huge loss of income for you, if that’s any consolation. Sorry this happened!

The other responses from you might have been considered spam.

That one is still active, at least I can still see it listed on the OP’s profile. Or maybe it was very similar?

I clicked on the link in google and it said “that gig is no longer available”.

Then it was very similar to the one from the OP’s profile page that has almost the same title.

Yes it was the one in google cache, they told me to create a new one so I did, litterally the same as the old one.
They couldn’t give me a reason of what was wrong, kept saying to create a new one so I did.
I insisted in knowing what was wrong as the gig fits in the webstite categories but they deleted my ticket

I don’t understand - why would Fiverr tell you to create a new one if they already said the previous wasn’t in their editorial focus? :thinking:

That’s what I was trying to understand, posting the conversation soon, luckily I backed it up

I think I know, I think he replaced it. He said they deleted his support ticket…

But then the thread’s title says that the gig was denied… and then Fiverr told them to create a new one? Something doesn’t add up.

I’ve heard that CS doesn’t like when they get multiple messages in a ticket, and they tend to mark the ticket as spam or something like that. It’s important to be patient and wait for a reply before sending more messages.

OP can you post a screenshot of them telling you to make a new one? If that is correct it’s one of the weirder things I’ve heard of.

if it was me, I’d look around at similar gigs that are popular here, and see how they frame the service…

that might help more customers find you, and appease the editors

To be clear, I didn’t insist and spammed them with tickets, I just waited even today but found out that my ticket was gone.
I have all the notification emails and my replies too as I pasted them to a friend as the situation was no-sense from the beginning.
I had no issues with sales, never even had a 4 star either, tomorrow I’ll be lvl 1 again after I lost it 2 months ago for a mutual cancellation of a 5$ order which was because the client misdjudged some details

By the way here’s the whole conversation:

Hi, I just unexpectedly recieved an email saying my long running gig has been marked as denied.
The motivation, as stated in the email is:
It seems your Gig is not appropriate for the Fiverr marketplace. We suggest that you do some research to see what type of Gigs do well and are in demand by our buyers.
This is not helping at all as my gig is well appropriate to the website and well demanded, I had around 50 orders, all completed and around 50 positive reviews I worked hard for!
At this moment I can’t edit the gig, I can just delete it, that would hurt my sales and your earnings as it would be like starting over. I just can’t wrap my head around what’s wrong with the gig, if something was wrong, let the user review it, edit it, or something like that, doing something like this kills my revenue but yours too, it’s impossible that my gig with 50 or more orders is not demanded! You earned through me and you are pretty much throwing it in the trash for no apparent reason after more than a year?
Please let’s work this out in another way, It’s hurting both you and me like this and I’m sure I’m not the only one as other people offers my same service.
Thanks!
(I’m not sure about the gig url as it’s not reachable as it’s denied)

Thank you for getting in touch with us. After further review with our Editorial team, sadly your Gig is not in our Editorial focus at this time.

We recommend continue trying to create new unique and creative Gigs expressing your talents. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I’m sorry but this is not making any sense to me at all.There are litterally hunderds of other users doing the same thing I was.Please, take a look at this searchhttps://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?utf8=%E2%9C%93&source=top-bar&locale=en&search_in=everywhere&query=unityI could understand if I did something wrong, but I didn’t, it was a regular gig approved more than a year ago and pretty much the same as the others still on the site

Hi again Dario,

Fiverr is consistently updating and evolving it’s marketplace to better suit our community and the needs of skilled freelancers and entrepreneurs across the globe. Therefore this kind of services are unfortunately not in our editorial focus anymore and were sidelined from our marketplace.

Also, if you see in our marketplace similar Gigs as the ones that were denied to you. You should be assured, that even this process does take time, these other Gigs will be reviewed by our Editorial Team as well.

You’re welcome to submit a new Gig offering an allowed service.

You have a whole category called “Programming and Tech”, that’s what I did : Tech Support and Programming.I don’t want to be a hassle but I still don’t understand what’s wrong.The only explaination I can give myself is that you are cutting off the whole programming and tech category but that seems very unlikely to me as it’s a Fiverr Pro category too.

Hi again Dario,

Please note that once our Editorial Team has reviewed and denied a Gig, it was thoroughly reviewed and analyzed. The services offered are no longer in our Editorial scope.

If the editorial team reviewed it I would like to know what was not okay.I’m going to create a new gig, with programming, which is allowed, and support, which is allowed too, but then what’s different from the one I had before? What’s even the point of all of this if it will be denied too? I don’t have absolutely any idea of what was wrong.

Ticket got deleted yay

Well they didn’t exactly tell you to make a duplicate of the one they denied. But anyway good luck, it does seem strange.

That’s more like a joke by me as they could not tell me what was wrong with the other one.
If they had a reason why not tell the user? Why my gig was removed when there are two categories where my service did fit properly but at the same time I don’t fit their editorial thinghy?
Why tell me “It seems your Gig is not appropriate for the Fiverr marketplace. We suggest that you do some research to see what type of Gigs do well and are in demand by our buyers.” when I made 1.100 $ in sales ?

I just have no words

Based upon your posted communication, it looks like you were arguing with Customer Support, and not wanting to listen to what they were telling you. CS doesn’t like that, and it may be why they just deleted your ticket. Arguing with CS, and telling them they they are wrong, doesn’t result in a favorable resolution.

Did you have a graphic of you holding a sign in your underwear?

I didn’t tell them they were wrong I just asked “why” and they couldn’t provide an answer.
As far as not listening I think it’s more the other way around, it could have been solved with one ticket but they kept throwing no sense at me.

Not at all, why this all of the sudden? :joy:

But they did provide an answer:

Perhaps that’s not the answer you wanted to hear.