My message was flagged as spam after answering to a buyer

ricardojtorop19

Hello! I am a new seller on fiverr.
Yesterday I had a message from a buyer directly to my inbox asking me if I could help him with a project.
I replied almost immediately asking him what is his project about and my message was flagged as spam.
Was I not supposed to do that?
If the customer asks me a question about my gig before checking out, how am I suppose to answer it?
Does this affect me in any way for future transactions?
Thank you!

In order to judge why your message was flagged as spam, you would need to either put a screen shot here or let us know what YOU said exactly in your message back to the buyer. You may have typed a word that triggers the automated flagging system here.

When a message is flagged, it goes to the Fiverr team to look at it and determine if you broke any TOS and whether or not your account should receive a warning. If you receive a warning, this is bad for your account, as it can hinder your ability to reach the next Level or maintain the Level you are at.

GG

may be your message contain any words or action against Fiverr TOS. Read fiverr TOS correctly. Give replay to messages without violating TOS.

You are right. I think my mistake was that in the message I asked: I would like to know the name of your company and what services do you provide?

And also: what kind of voice over do you need for your company. Thank you for your reply.

In order to judge why your message was flagged as spam, you would need to either put a screen shot here or let us know what YOU said exactly in your message back to the buyer. You may have typed a word that triggers the automated flagging system here.

When a message is flagged, it goes to the Fiverr team to look at it and determine if you broke any TOS and whether or not your account should receive a warning. If you receive a warning, this is bad for your account, as it can hinder your ability to reach the next Level or maintain the Level you are at.

GG

I think my mistake was that in the message I asked: I would like to know the name of your company and what services do you provide?

Does that count as a violation?

How can avoid the warning?

Thanks for the reply

I think my mistake was that in the message I asked: I would like to know the name of your company and what services do you provide?

Does that count as a violation?

How can avoid the warning?

Thanks for the reply

Odd. Just asking what their company name is shouldn’t get you a warning or in trouble. I would need to see the full message chain to determine what may have gotten you in hot water.

If you are on your computer and answering messages in the future, if you type something that the system will flag as “off”, the box where you are typing the message will turn RED and there will be text warning you - if that happens, figure out what word or phrase you typed that triggered that by backspacing until the RED around your message box disappears and avoid using those terms! I think on the phone app, you may not get the same warning when responding to messages, but you will if you are on your pc.

GG

Odd. Just asking what their company name is shouldn’t get you a warning or in trouble. I would need to see the full message chain to determine what may have gotten you in hot water.

If you are on your computer and answering messages in the future, if you type something that the system will flag as “off”, the box where you are typing the message will turn RED and there will be text warning you - if that happens, figure out what word or phrase you typed that triggered that by backspacing until the RED around your message box disappears and avoid using those terms! I think on the phone app, you may not get the same warning when responding to messages, but you will if you are on your pc.

GG

That’s true. We can’t see red flag if using fiverr app in phone.

You are right. I think my mistake was that in the message I asked: I would like to know the name of your company and what services do you provide?

And also: what kind of voice over do you need for your company. Thank you for your reply.

I think my mistake was that in the message I asked: I would like to know the name of your company and what services do you provide?..

Maybe just asking them about the voice over they needed / whether they had a voice over script might lower the chance of it being flagged as spam.

GG

Screenshot_20200805-053509_Fiverr.thumb.jpg.b9de62ad1beb708b3ef6ed20d6e62f07.jpg
Screenshot_20200805-053509_Fiverr1080×2400 345 KB

Because of the ‘…’ I’m assuming that the Buyer somehow didn’t like your questions and reported it as Spam. Not sure why he’d do that, since it doesn’t look like an unreasonable question, but that’s my guess about what happened. In the future, I’d probably not start with asking questions about their company name (some people might not like sharing that detail or they might be subcontracting), especially if you don’t need that information to do the work. Good luck!

Archived