My one tip I never thought I'd need as a seller

barrelofmonkeys

So starting out, I thought, oh man I’m gonna make all the money and it’s going to be great. Some weeks I’m looking great and others are… Slim. What I learned things come and go like good weeks getting good money and some weeks not so much. I’d voice act a book making some great money and next week I have just one $5 voice over. Either way, I learned it’s ok. Keep pushing forward and don’t give up. It may be slow but just keep giving excellent content and your orders will come

There are certainly slow times but stick with it - even when it seems like you’ll never get another order again. Sometimes, when order volume is a bit lower than I’d like, I reduce my prices for a while. Sure, it cuts into my profits but brings in a new audience of buyers who are looking for a real bargain.

I just go and use other apps if it’s too slow. Keep your eggs in more than one basket

Can I ask what other apps you use if it’s slow on here for you? I try to find apps and websites that I can see some movement, but I’m just starting off. I haven’t had any success yet and it’s a little discouraging

How so you mean doing something wrong

How so you mean doing something wrong

If you don’t get sales in months clearly something is wrong. If you don’t know what then try to find out and if you can’t find out then freelancing may not be right for you. That might be what is wrong.

• 10 months later...

How can I be that patience? What if you don’t get at all for months, what will you do then

Try lower priced gigs. Work cheaper for a while. Do great work, get your reviews up, then you’ll be able to up your price. This formula worked wonders for me (I’ve met all metrics for top rated but waiting and hoping Fiverr promotes me).

It was slim pickings for a while. But I knew what I was capable of. I did work a little cheaper at first than I would have liked but the formula paid off. Your reviews are gold. Before you know it you’ll have a steady stream of high paying gigs, but you may have to make those early sacrifices.

Try lower priced gigs. Work cheaper for a while. Do great work, get your reviews up, then you’ll be able to up your price. This formula worked wonders for me (I’ve met all metrics for top rated but waiting and hoping Fiverr promotes me).

It was slim pickings for a while. But I knew what I was capable of. I did work a little cheaper at first than I would have liked but the formula paid off. Your reviews are gold. Before you know it you’ll have a steady stream of high paying gigs, but you may have to make those early sacrifices.

@ajsiders Very well said. You need to proof your worth first. See the first jobs as training.

Archived