My pet rats are eating my wallpaper

capitalquality

This is my biggest annoyance right now. it’s the only room we decorated since moving in (I hate decorating. Actually I hate a lot of things that take time and require you to be methodical) and they’re only out for an hour or so a day, and the little ******s know that they’re not supposed to eat the wallpaper because they look guilty when I yell at them.

Someone link me a gig that gives pet rat advice.

Get a wooden box and some spare wallpaper. Next mix flour water, raisins, peanuts and basic whole food snacky stuff in a big bowl. Now use this as wallpaper paste and wallpaper your wooden box. Once dry, sit in the middle of the affected room as your rats run free and they should choose to nibble at your new fake walls rather than your actual ones.

Get a wooden box and some spare wallpaper. Next mix flour water, raisins, peanuts and basic whole food snacky stuff in a big bowl. Now use this as wallpaper paste and wallpaper your wooden box. Once dry, sit in the middle of the affected room as your rats run free and they should choose to nibble at your new fake walls rather than your actual ones.

This is actually a bloody brilliant idea. Apart from the peanuts which are bad for them. But replace with walnuts. Excellent.

This is actually a bloody brilliant idea. Apart from the peanuts which are bad for them. But replace with walnuts. Excellent.

Careful, if they are male rats the walnuts will make them crazy horny and the last thing you want is a bunch of fury s****l deviants running rampage around the house.

Also, walnuts work on human males too, so maybe keep a bag aside for a dull day when you’re feeling a bit jiggy and want to transform your other half into the ultimate gigolo.

Careful, if they are male rats the walnuts will make them crazy horny and the last thing you want is a bunch of fury s****l deviants running rampage around the house.

Also, walnuts work on human males too, so maybe keep a bag aside for a dull day when you’re feeling a bit jiggy and want to transform your other half into the ultimate gigolo.

They’re girls, so I’m good 🙂

want to transform your other half into the ultimate gigolo

The time for this has been and gone 😉

They’re girls, so I’m good 🙂

want to transform your other half into the ultimate gigolo

The time for this has been and gone 😉

You mean you’re happy living in Singlesville? Or do you mean that you’ve already fed your significant other too many aphrodisiacs and warn him out?

In either case, you never know when things might take a turn, so keep a bag, if only to grind them up and slip into the odd houseguests tea if they are suitably handsome and charming.

You mean you’re happy living in Singlesville? Or do you mean that you’ve already fed your significant other too many aphrodisiacs and warn him out?

In either case, you never know when things might take a turn, so keep a bag, if only to grind them up and slip into the odd houseguests tea if they are suitably handsome and charming.

Didn’t you say you were coming to stay with me?

I’ve wanted pet rats for the longest while, but if there are any in Jamaica, I can’t find them. People here consider rats as just plain old dirty things, so no one would even think of selling them. 😢

Aww. Actually they’re thought of oddly in NZ too. It’s hard to get stuff for them. NZers have an aversion to anything that eats baby kiwis.

Aww. Actually they’re thought of oddly in NZ too. It’s hard to get stuff for them. NZers have an aversion to anything that eats baby kiwis.

I used to kidnap Kiwi eggs in Okarito with DOC. We used to go out at night, find the burrows, steal the eggs, replace them with dummies, and the real ones used to get taken away to be incubated before the chicks were raised on an island somewhere and returned to Okarito when they reached adulthood.

I ended up having a big falling out with DOC, though, as they also started dumping 1080 poison everywhere which I thought was just insane.

I used to kidnap Kiwi eggs in Okarito with DOC. We used to go out at night, find the burrows, steal the eggs, replace them with dummies, and the real ones used to get taken away to be incubated before the chicks were raised on an island somewhere and returned to Okarito when they reached adulthood.

I ended up having a big falling out with DOC, though, as they also started dumping 1080 poison everywhere which I thought was just insane.

Ikr? NZ is so contradictory with it’s ecology programmes.

I hear a lot of billionaires are moving to New Zealand…wrote a couple of articles on it…last place that’s safe on earth, apparently…Peter Thiel is a big land owner there…even took up Kiwi citizenship…(I’m not a billionaire, but I might move there as well…either NZ or Cyprus!) (Or a quiet hill station in North India).

I hear a lot of billionaires are moving to New Zealand…wrote a couple of articles on it…last place that’s safe on earth, apparently…Peter Thiel is a big land owner there…even took up Kiwi citizenship…(I’m not a billionaire, but I might move there as well…either NZ or Cyprus!) (Or a quiet hill station in North India).

Half of NZ’s a giant volcano and you could never leave India really. You’d make half Bangalore redundant and there would be no one in Cyprus to cook your eggs for you.

So many options!

You need to hire exterminators, or pest controllers, I think they prefer that term nowadays.

Rats are a serious problem. If you have roof rats, they could chew the electrical wire and end up causing a fire. If you have small children, rats have been known to attack them. Rats also carry diseases, and cats are no good, cats only attack mice, not rats.

In the meantime, I leave you with a clip from one of my favorite shows, back when I had cable.

You need to hire exterminators, or pest controllers, I think they prefer that term nowadays.

Rats are a serious problem. If you have roof rats, they could chew the electrical wire and end up causing a fire. If you have small children, rats have been known to attack them. Rats also carry diseases, and cats are no good, cats only attack mice, not rats.

In the meantime, I leave you with a clip from one of my favorite shows, back when I had cable.

Umm I do not understand the significance of your advice to this thread tho…

You do realize OP is talking about her pet rats right? lol

Dean @fastcopywriter and @misscrystal, these rats are my BABIES. I want to cuddle them, not exterminate them.

Umm I do not understand the significance of your advice to this thread tho…

You do realize OP is talking about her pet rats right? lol

Thank you, DJ, for defending my furbabies in their time of need.

Archived