MY pics marked as NON-original and account disabled!? Fiverr rly? =D

percyfreen

Hi yall! I want to share my fresh experience with Fiverr.
Not so long time ago (about a week or so) I created account for trying to sell my pics on Fiverr. I’m a digital artists and make anime portraits and characters in general.
I uploaded 4 or 5 gigs (all not a copy of each other) all with different services of drawing I could provide and patiently waited for customers to come. I updated some info on them from time to time, switched pics to make my gigs more good looking for searching. And seems like it was ok till this moment.

Today I got an email from Fiverr that one of my gigs was “non-original” content and they removed it from their platform. It was surprise for me. And just right a minute later I got an email that my account was disabled for exact same reason (: Said that I was shocked - say nothing.

I’m pro-artist for a YEARS now, and this pictures I used 100% came out of my hand. I know what is plagiarism and all this jazz, and I clearly know what is intellectual property. To be deleted because of that reason is something new and hilarious for me.

I wrote to Fiverr’s support and currently waiting for their answer, but I’m already have questionate their competence. They considered original content as plagiarism (or what idk) w/o asking any proofs and just deleted a whole dang account thing. I almost sure that some person did this by they own hands and that’s why: in email they wrote my nickname with error. So it wasn’t just a copy past respond.

So the question is, how Fiverr handle this type of issues? And If it is OK for Fiverr to delete any content THEY consider “non-original” w/o asking any proofs from actual artist? Like what the heck? =D

Can someone clarify what to expect? Should I just re-open new account? Or just drop this thing for my own sake?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What were the drawings of? What I can see happening is that you had some drawings that were yours, but of IP protected characters, for example. If you draw, say, Mickey Mouse from memory in your own style, the drawing can indeed be yours and totally different from the original, but you still can’t show it because Disney owns the IP and will go after you for copyright issues anyway.

What were the drawings of? What I can see happening is that you had some drawings that were yours, but of IP protected characters, for example. If you draw, say, Mickey Mouse from memory in your own style, the drawing can indeed be yours and totally different from the original, but you still can’t show it because Disney owns the IP and will go after you for copyright issues anyway.

Those were just portraits I made for my customers. I used their photos as reference. I saw similar gigs to what I made so I thought it is allowed. Also no warnings or whatsoever about it in FIverr’s rules. Those were just pics like - The actual drawing + photo of the girl by the other side. Nothing extra “spicy” like Disney or Marvel.

Those were just portraits I made for my customers. I used their photos as reference. I saw similar gigs to what I made so I thought it is allowed. Also no warnings or whatsoever about it in FIverr’s rules. Those were just pics like - The actual drawing + photo of the girl by the other side. Nothing extra “spicy” like Disney or Marvel.

Those were just portraits I made for my customers.

Did you have the permission from your customers to use those pictures for Fiverr gig images?

Or, were those pictures available somewhere else online? If yes, the system might have detected them as stolen property.

Those were just portraits I made for my customers.

Did you have the permission from your customers to use those pictures for Fiverr gig images?

Or, were those pictures available somewhere else online? If yes, the system might have detected them as stolen property.

Those pics were made in 2012, they were made for free and definitely were available online at social media I put they into. They come out quite viral there I’d say. It was VK (russian social network). My customers allowed the usage of this images online. I still think all this reasons still not enough for deleting account.

Like, It sounds soooo stupid - Your pics were/are popular online? It were put somewhere online before? It is detecting by our system as non-original even if it is yours? Yep. Right. It’s nice account to DELETE! =D It’s just… How it is even work this way? =D Why no warnings? Why no inquiries about authorship? I have all step by step pics of creating this pics and those are in my personal usage =D I still have them. But now I don’t know if there any reason to show them at the first place.

Hi yall! I want to share my fresh experience with Fiverr.

Not so long time ago (about a week or so) I created account for trying to sell my pics on Fiverr. I’m a digital artists and make anime portraits and characters in general.

I uploaded 4 or 5 gigs (all not a copy of each other) all with different services of drawing I could provide and patiently waited for customers to come. I updated some info on them from time to time, switched pics to make my gigs more good looking for searching. And seems like it was ok till this moment.

Today I got an email from Fiverr that one of my gigs was “non-original” content and they removed it from their platform. It was surprise for me. And just right a minute later I got an email that my account was disabled for exact same reason (: Said that I was shocked - say nothing.

I’m pro-artist for a YEARS now, and this pictures I used 100% came out of my hand. I know what is plagiarism and all this jazz, and I clearly know what is intellectual property. To be deleted because of that reason is something new and hilarious for me.

I wrote to Fiverr’s support and currently waiting for their answer, but I’m already have questionate their competence. They considered original content as plagiarism (or what idk) w/o asking any proofs and just deleted a whole dang account thing. I almost sure that some person did this by they own hands and that’s why: in email they wrote my nickname with error. So it wasn’t just a copy past respond.

So the question is, how Fiverr handle this type of issues? And If it is OK for Fiverr to delete any content THEY consider “non-original” w/o asking any proofs from actual artist? Like what the heck? =D

Can someone clarify what to expect? Should I just re-open new account? Or just drop this thing for my own sake?

Can someone clarify what to expect? Should I just re-open new account?

Restriction - means the account is partially disabled. The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages. Seller’s Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders.

Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer will need to wait for the trial period which can take upwards of 90 days to be completed to know if their account will be restored or permanently disabled.

Note: Customer Support cannot influence the result of this review, nor can they update the user on the review’s end date.

The above is from the Help Centre.

You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

If you open another account it will be disabled as you are only allowed to have one Fiverr account.

Can someone clarify what to expect? Should I just re-open new account?

Restriction - means the account is partially disabled. The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages. Seller’s Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders.

Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer will need to wait for the trial period which can take upwards of 90 days to be completed to know if their account will be restored or permanently disabled.

Note: Customer Support cannot influence the result of this review, nor can they update the user on the review’s end date.

You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

If you open another account it will be disabled as you are only allowed to have one Fiverr account.

Account completely disabled for that reason “Your account was flagged for using non-original or copyrighted work examples. As a result, your Fiverr account was permanently disabled”.

So this is a lame, that I kinda should be punished for nothing if you ask me. =D

I created this topic to see if there someone like me, and how they nailed this situation. Also if Fiverr for real this much corrupted when it comes to dealing with cases about authorship. Should I even try to commit staying on Fiverr, or anytime, any reason - there’s a risk to be deleted even if you did nothing.

Those pics were made in 2012, they were made for free and definitely were available online at social media I put they into. They come out quite viral there I’d say. It was VK (russian social network). My customers allowed the usage of this images online. I still think all this reasons still not enough for deleting account.

Like, It sounds soooo stupid - Your pics were/are popular online? It were put somewhere online before? It is detecting by our system as non-original even if it is yours? Yep. Right. It’s nice account to DELETE! =D It’s just… How it is even work this way? =D Why no warnings? Why no inquiries about authorship? I have all step by step pics of creating this pics and those are in my personal usage =D I still have them. But now I don’t know if there any reason to show them at the first place.

Why no warnings? Why no inquiries about authorship?

I can’t speak for Customer Support, I can only guess. And my guess is that the process is automated because the number of those who use stolen pictures is huge. It would be impossible to send inquiries for each and every case.

I have all step by step pics of creating this pics and those are in my personal usage =D I still have them. But now I don’t know if there any reason to show them at the first place.

It might help.

Why no warnings? Why no inquiries about authorship?

I can’t speak for Customer Support, I can only guess. And my guess is that the process is automated because the number of those who use stolen pictures is huge. It would be impossible to send inquiries for each and every case.

I have all step by step pics of creating this pics and those are in my personal usage =D I still have them. But now I don’t know if there any reason to show them at the first place.

It might help.

Maybe. I prepared those pics for support request. I don’t know how long to wait for respond tho.

Account completely disabled for that reason “Your account was flagged for using non-original or copyrighted work examples. As a result, your Fiverr account was permanently disabled”.

So this is a lame, that I kinda should be punished for nothing if you ask me. =D

I created this topic to see if there someone like me, and how they nailed this situation. Also if Fiverr for real this much corrupted when it comes to dealing with cases about authorship. Should I even try to commit staying on Fiverr, or anytime, any reason - there’s a risk to be deleted even if you did nothing.

Your title says suspended hence my previous reply.

Permanently Disabled - means the account was disabled and will not be restored. When this happens, the customer cannot log into the account at all, and the reason it was disabled was due to a serious violation of our Terms of Service.

Sellers with funds available for withdrawal will need to wait 90 days to withdraw, as described in our Terms. Once the 90 days are over, these sellers will receive an automatic email that will allow them 7 days to withdraw the funds.

Buyers can receive an immediate refund of any funds available on their Fiverr Balance.

Your title says suspended hence my previous reply.

Permanently Disabled - means the account was disabled and will not be restored. When this happens, the customer cannot log into the account at all, and the reason it was disabled was due to a serious violation of our Terms of Service.

Sellers with funds available for withdrawal will need to wait 90 days to withdraw, as described in our Terms. Once the 90 days are over, these sellers will receive an automatic email that will allow them 7 days to withdraw the funds.

Buyers can receive an immediate refund of any funds available on their Fiverr Balance.

I’m non English speaker, so there may be mistakes.

I know what disabled means =D Thanks.

That is still not what I was asking about.

Maybe. I prepared those pics for support request. I don’t know how long to wait for respond tho.

I don’t know how long to wait for respond tho.

I don’t know what’s their current response time. When you submitted a ticket to them, you should have received an automated message that informs you that they got your ticket, and also what’s their current response time. Maybe wait until that time passes, and if there’s still no response from CS, send them your files as an additional message (but within the same ticket, don’t open a new one because that would be spam).

I’ve seen cases when gigs were removed by mistake, and then reinstated. It might take time, though.

I don’t know how long to wait for respond tho.

I don’t know what’s their current response time. When you submitted a ticket to them, you should have received an automated message that informs you that they got your ticket, and also what’s their current response time. Maybe wait until that time passes, and if there’s still no response from CS, send them your files as an additional message (but within the same ticket, don’t open a new one because that would be spam).

I’ve seen cases when gigs were removed by mistake, and then reinstated. It might take time, though.

Ok! Thank you! I’ll check it. Hopefully it was unfortunate.

I’ll keep update. 🙂

I’ve had the same situation. After getting the ticket number I also contacted FiverrSupport on Twitter and they got back to me in a few hours, asked for source files and solved the issue in the same day.

I’ve had the same situation. After getting the ticket number I also contacted FiverrSupport on Twitter and they got back to me in a few hours, asked for source files and solved the issue in the same day.

Oh, I should try to contact them via twi then. I’m not quite a twitter user, but how did you wrote them there? Like “Hello Fiverr, you made a dudu to me, please send halp?” or something?

Oh, I should try to contact them via twi then. I’m not quite a twitter user, but how did you wrote them there? Like “Hello Fiverr, you made a dudu to me, please send halp?” or something?

Yes, almost like that 🙂 Not more than “could you please check my ticket #NUM”.

Hope everything will be alright. You should be ok if you can prove that images are yours.

I have step-by-steps but since those are from 2012 I haven’t any actual PSD files already =D If I knew that Fiverr treating this cases like that, I’d better avoid posting old pictures there.

I have step-by-steps but since those are from 2012 I haven’t any actual PSD files already =D If I knew that Fiverr treating this cases like that, I’d better avoid posting old pictures there.

I believe they’ll give you chance to explain. At least, they were really nice to me 🙂

Those pics were made in 2012, they were made for free and definitely were available online at social media I put they into. They come out quite viral there I’d say.

I’m not sure how likely it might be, but if you already have a strong online presence as an artist, maybe a follower (someone who admires your art elsewhere) saw your art and knew it from the original posting. Some followers can get pretty defensive of their artists, so maybe you were reported by someone trying to defend you, thinking your Fiverr profile was stealing from your elsewhere profile.

Those pics were made in 2012, they were made for free and definitely were available online at social media I put they into. They come out quite viral there I’d say.

I’m not sure how likely it might be, but if you already have a strong online presence as an artist, maybe a follower (someone who admires your art elsewhere) saw your art and knew it from the original posting. Some followers can get pretty defensive of their artists, so maybe you were reported by someone trying to defend you, thinking your Fiverr profile was stealing from your elsewhere profile.

I had a tint of this thought in my head, and I hope that it is all misunderstanding X’)

For a long time I was not actually digitally drawing but doing other kind of art and improved it more, so I can’t say how much I’m known as an digital artist. So it is dang big misfortune to me, or a big luck if some1 thought that I’m that worth of protection from their side X"D

So they wrote me back, asked for source files. Which is reasonable. I send them some PSDs of my earlier works, and only step-by-step JPEGs I had in my private usage of those ones from 2012, since no source files left from that time. Also made some photos of my original sketches with tags with today’s date and my name on them as some additional proofs, I hope that it would be enough for them.

I contacted them via Twi as well, they said to wait =\ No surprise. So their responds are quite long - I got 2 like in about 12 hours or so. In few days I hope I’ll got final answer.

So they wrote me back, asked for source files. Which is reasonable. I send them some PSDs of my earlier works, and only step-by-step JPEGs I had in my private usage of those ones from 2012, since no source files left from that time. Also made some photos of my original sketches with tags with today’s date and my name on them as some additional proofs, I hope that it would be enough for them.

I contacted them via Twi as well, they said to wait =\ No surprise. So their responds are quite long - I got 2 like in about 12 hours or so. In few days I hope I’ll got final answer.

Well at least they replied already, now let’s hope for the best 🙂

Archived