My previous client is now asking for redos and modifications all the time now?

contespot

This client has always gave me good reviews and work as well as pay. i have done about 7 orders for him. but lately on the last few he is now asking for not one but4 redos and each one is asking me to say something different in place of something else. I feel he may be trying to get extra work done but without paying for a new gig. one of the times he asked the order was already complete and he rated with a positive. he mentions I may have to reopen the order and have you fix something because now the company wants to change a few words. i mentioned to him this right here:

"Ok. I hear you. keep me posted. I appreciate your business.

I believe it would be a good idea to submit another gig at some point. I want to make sure I keep a good relationship with you.

I also want to make sure that I do not have to redo an order more than a few times whenever possible, unless mistakes on my part then I am more than happy to take care of it. My wife and I oversee this fiverr account and desire to maintain positive feedback.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks. I welcome your response."

what do you guys think? was this a god way for me to mention this or what would you have said. keep in mind the orders i delivered were to spec and he loved them but wanted to add this and add that…take away this and now say this…yada yada yada…i believe you guys get my point…please respond with something that will help me deal with this issue.

Hi,

I know I haven’t been a member here long but this seems an easy question to answer. Remember how you said he was trying to get work done for free? Your intuition is right. Once you finish a project and the customer has paid and left feedback, you are finished with that project. I’d politely explain if he wants something changed, it starts as a NEW project. I still can’t believe the small amount that is paid for writing projects that are done on this site. People are practically getting books written for free. I’ve been writing professionally for over 10 years. If writers don’t stand up for themselves, please rest assured no one else will either. Good Luck!

Archived