Fiverr Forum

My Problem With Fiverr

I really feel that for certain services being offered on Fiverr that we should be able to direct customers offsite to save on time and resources. $4 is not a lot of money to sometimes waste an hour or so of your time when you may have an automated system in place already to do the job.

Here’s my scenario…

I’m trying to sell advertising space on my website. I use an adserve program where users can upload their ads for approval and this is all done automatically.

I was trying to sell a gig on Fiverr that went a little something like this…

1.) The customer pays the $5

2.) Fiverr sends an auto message directing them where to go to upload ad and such forth.

3.) That’s it!

But my gig keeps getting rejected. I don’t know what to do. I’m about to give up on Fiverr. I can understand that for certain gigs, you simply can’t have the people going offsite but why allow someone to purchase ad space on here but not allow them to go and upload their ads themselves? Doesn’t make sense to me.

I don’t have the time to keep checking messages and stuff to retrieve their ads, especially since my program is on autopilot. That’s what it’s there for.

The only reason I was doing this gig was to test the adserve program before I fully implement it and start selling ad space for 100 times more than what I’m selling it here on Fiverr. I was planning on testing things for like a month and then pulling the gig anyway. I guess I have to find another way to get some test subjects…I mean customers, lol.

It’s just a little frustrating because I submitted gig 3 times and got denied each time. I’ll change some words around or take some out hoping that it goes through but it doesn’t.

Anyone else run into a similar issue with a service that they’re offering on here?

@madmoo I see your point, but I was looking at it moreso from the customer’s perspective, not mine.

Because as I said, I already know that I can sell it for more offline. But how’s that different than many of the other gigs on here. Most gigs being sold on Fiverr can be sold for more offline. That’s obvious.

I’m looking at it from the perspective that the customer will get a really good rate and Fiverr is keeping them from getting it. Shouldn’t this service be more about the customer than the seller?

I don’t expect these customers to buy offline because who’s going to pay $5 for an ad here and then later pay $500 for it? Doesn’t make sense. I’m not trying to siphon business from here to there.

That’s where the disconnect between me and Fiverr occurs…at this point.

I’m not trying to make money offline from these people. I’m actually offering a valuable service and what’s wrong with people using Fiverr for the short term? It’s almost as if you have a thing against people who just want to use the service to test things out.

I understand that you may do this full time, but I’m sure that there are many others just like myself who don’t or plan to.

And it’s not like I’m not a customer here myself. I’ve bought probably at least 25 gigs in my time on here so shouldn’t that count for something? It’s not like I just popped on here one day and violated their TOS. I’ve been adhering and really didn’t know about this particular term until this recent gig I’m trying to post.

I’ve also sold other gigs on here before…temporarily…and those gigs didn’t need for the user to go offline but this one does to save me time. So I understand how the game works and I’m not trying to game the system. For this type of gig, where they allow you to sell banner advertising, I don’t understand why they can’t allow the user to upload their banner is all I’m saying. They have “Banner Advertising” as one of the categories on Fiverr but yet they can’t upload a banner ad. Doesn’t make sense.

So although I understand and respect your opinion, I feel that it really doesn’t apply to my question and situation.

theurbantwist said: I really feel that for certain services being offered on Fiverr that we should be able to direct customers offsite to save on time and resources. $4 is not a lot of money to sometimes waste an hour or so of your time when you may have an automated system in place already to do the job.

Fiverr started as a creative community. Folks offering creative, one-off services, such a logo design, voice over, web site builds, photo retouching, singing happy birthday, etc. The concept was for folks to create something they could sell for as little as $5. It was/is not a venue where mass-produced products could be delivered in an automated fashion.

The object is to offer a gig that doesn't "waste an hour or so of your time", but can be done quickly, and the buyer gets a good deal.

theurbantwist said: 2.) Fiverr sends an auto message directing them where to go to upload ad and such forth.

Why don't you just send the message to buyer? Why does it have to be "auto message".

Reply to @voiceoverwork: I just installed an ad serve software program on my site and I’m trying to test it out to see how easy it is for people to understand the process that’s all. And to save time. I may just get a few friends to do that for me and may put up another kind of gig on Fiverr…something totally different where I won’t need to have things automated.

I caved and am just going to advertise another gig for a text ad instead of banner ads…that way it’s just copy/paste for me. I’ll see how that goes.

Thanks for everyone’s input whether I agreed or not. I was just venting. :slight_smile: