Fiverr Community Forum

My request are far off what my gigs are about

It’s very odd, Ever since I made a gig saying I would make discord bots which involves some coding, ALL the requests I get are ALWAYS related to CODING ONLY. Is there a way to somehow fix bcoz I’m getting requests like app development which I am FAR from.

3 Likes

Yes, I had the same problem! I create Discord servers just like you do! Discord servers have NOTHING to do with CODING! Heck, I can’t code! Previously, I used to get requests that would ask them to help me with debugging. But then Fiverr changed my gig category and voila! CODING!!!

1 Like

IKR!its so annoying. I wish I could stop it

Me too, but Fiverr won’t allow me to change the category now…

1 Like

If you pause the gig, then edit, you might be able to change it. I’m not sure if that’s still possible, but it might be worth checking.

2 Likes

It might just be some buyers are specifying the category as “programming and tech” but not the subcategory when posting requests and you’re getting them because your gig is in the programming & tech->chatbots category. If it’s in the correct subcategory it isn’t really worth changing though.

Maybe you can specify the subcatgegory in the buyer request page or specify a search that is likely to get just the requests that you want (eg. put “discord” or something in BR search box).

2 Likes

The BRs you receive are only based on the category the buyer selects for their request.

1 Like

I did put in chatbots category though.

Should I talk to CS? Idk :neutral_face:

Nope, its in the Desktop Applications category for me…

1 Like

You can can probably change the category/subcategory of your gig if it’s not in the most relevant category/subcategory. The subcategory can be changed without pausing the gig, you might be able to change the category by pausing the gig first like was suggested previously in the thread.

1 Like

But won’t Fiverr change it back at some point? I mean they were the ones who changed it in the first place!

1 Like

Like has been stated, the requests it shows to you are based on the category (and probably subcategory) the buyer puts in the request (and they might not always select the subcategory I think and they might sometimes put it in the wrong category/subcategory) and the category/subcategory you have selected to view buyer requests for. If you have “all” for the categories/subcats selected in the BR page you’ll see requests for all cats/subcats you have active gigs for, so it’s best to select the “chatbots” subcategory on the requests page when you only want see requests for that. But it also depends on the buyer.

Like I said, putting something like “discord” in the search filter on the BR page should help narrow them down to more relevant requests too.

1 Like

You can contact CS and check with them whether they can change it back or whether it’s okay for you to change it back if it was previously in “chatbots” and if you think that’s the most relevant subcategory for it.

Maybe the reason why they changed it is due to your gig title and description and because it seems more than creating bots. If your gig title was more like “Create a discord bot” they’d be more likely to leave it in that chatbots subcategory.

1 Like

No, I don’t create bots! I create Discord servers! But yes, okay, I will contact CS. Thanks for your help!

1 Like