Fiverr Community Forum

My response rate dropped because of spam

I’ve had a perfect response rate until I woke up today.
Two days ago I got a message that was clearly spam. They were trying to contact off the site. I reported it and it blocked them and I tohught that was the end of it. Then, yesterday I got the same message from the same person… it was already reported, so I thought it’s dealt with. (edit: it was a similar name(it seems like the same spam, and already said “may not be contacted at this time.”) by the time I looked at it. There wasn’t even an opportunity to report.
Other than that, I always respond, within hours. How do I get this fixed??
I don’t want to be in the red over not responding to spam…

2 Likes

That’s really bad to hear of you. I don’t know what punishment to given to those criminals(spammer). Just fedding up of getting frequent spam message.

I think, you should better inform this to the Customer Support. They can definitely help you recover your previous response rate.

Regards,
Minthal

2 Likes

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it!

1 Like

Actually, when you report a message, it is counted as a response and your response rate doesn’t drop. It may just be a bug in the system.

2 Likes

My response rate dropped because of an automatic flagged spammage. Contacted CS and in less than 24 hours bam :boom: they hit the reset button, and I’m back at 100%.

5 Likes

Sadly, however, it does happen that if the message has been marked as spam before you get to it, you unmark it as spam, reply to it, and then remark it as spam (phew!) - the percentage will drop.

If, because of scenarios like this, CS will reset your percentage! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I contacted CS several times as this keeps happening to me but the last time I was told it doesn’t configure into our ratings so now I just leave it (and again it’s showing 94% and I have replied to all).

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that.
Next time answer first and then report it as spam :smiley: (just in case)

2 Likes

@nikavoice, I had that happen this week. Took your advice and boom 90%-98% boom!

3 Likes

That’s precisely how I handled a similar situation this morning. I clicked on it from the e-mail notification, replied informing the (clearly automatic) sender that contacting users outside of Fiverr is against the terms and conditions of the site. Not risking my livelihood over that.

4 Likes

Awesome possum! :wink:

2 Likes

I have just got two spam emails myself -

M
mrsmayo
Hi Dear !
How are you doing today,hope fine,My name is miss Evelyne, I will be very glad if you can contact me through my email address, and i will tell you more about myself here because am not always on online in www.fiverr.com, please try to contact me here to my email(evelynentall@gmail.com) please try and get back to me is imporat Thanks

1 Like

I did the unspam-reply-respam routine and in the last months it worked, but a few days ago, I did the same and my rate plummeted from 100% to 89% overnight. CS set it right, like in the past, before I applied the method, but yeah, looks as if it´s not working anymore for me.
I hope it was just one glitch and I’m not back to sending a ticket about my response rate weekly.

1 Like

It also happened to me and CS refreshed it for me.

1 Like

I also faced this problem and the helpful members advised me to contact customer support.Then I contacted and they fixed my problem within 24 hours!Thanks to the helpful guys at this forum.

1 Like