Fiverr Community Forum

My response rate has suffered because I didn't reply someone who was asking for a "job"

So I’ve been getting a lot of messages from random people saying that they want to work for me. And I found it weird. I mean, if you want to sell your services just open a gig, right? Why do I have to deal with these kinds of random messages about people asking me to give them jobs? Something is failing in Fiverr’s system?

So, I haven’t replied to the last spam message I got, because I was tired of answering these people. So I just blocked this person. And the first thing I noticed was my response rate dropped to %95from %100 percent. And now, after a few weeks later, I see that my response rate is down to %88 (I haven’t received any messages for weeks). I haven’t been receiving many messages for jobs at all. This is my first year on Fiverr and I don’t know if it is normal to not get a lot of jobs during these winter times. Is it related to my response rate? Fiverr is just giving me less visibility because of that so I am not getting inquiries?

So what I am gathering is, because of these kinds of spam messages, my response rate is suffering. What should I do to fix this? Why is my response rate is suffering because of non-client spammers? Should contacting customer support will help?

Any ideas?

6 Likes

Please mark the messages as spam and report them. Fiverr will make sure their messages don’t impact your response rate, but only if they know what is going on.

3 Likes

Instead of not responding or blocking them immediately, you can politely say no when you receive such texts next time. This will not let your response rate go down.

2 Likes

Reply to Spam asap like anything else then mark it as Spam.

It is a known flaw in the system that even when marked as Spam, a message is still getting its counter. then of course despite the known bug, those metrics are used to define your performance as factual 7 accurate!!!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Odd. I went to visit you and noticed this banner at the top of the screen:

1 Like

This seems to be a new addition to Fiverr’s collection of bugs. I keep getting it on everything.

2 Likes

The same thing is on your account too. Says you are no longer on site. It started a long time ago but yesterday, more frequently.

2 Likes

You’re all BANNED!!!

Me too apparently.

Seems no loss as recently about all I get is people like:

I need my song (that I won’t let you hear) sound pro like radio hits for $5-10 and first you need to send me samples of my track mixed. Must have 20+ 5-star reviews and Grammys and work in Grageband so you can send back the vocal presets for all the Waves plugins I own.

Yeah, sure, I’m dying to buy an Apple iAnchor for $2,500, then those six $30-80 Waves plugins that I will never otherwise use, and learn Garagband use so I can do 8 hours of free work for you in the insane hope that your song that is so bad you won’t let me hear it until I am committed will ever sound good enough for your to hire me for $5!

5 Likes

Just wanted to give an update for those who are having the same “response rate” problem.

I have talked to customer support. They said they can’t modify the response rate even though they understand that it was all caused by spammers.

So bottom line is I have to deal with my lowered response rate and hope that a client will send me a message before my next evaluation date (so I won’t be punished with a level demotion).

I started seeing that banner too. I guess, it is a bug?

Ughh…like I don’t have enough obstacles to clamber over. Now I don’t exist! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Unfortunately, we have to reply them. I started to get “give me a job” or “do you have a job” messages, when I started to communicate at this Forum.

I didn’t reply to such messages as well, and of course the rate of response was affected. So the best way is to send quick reply and block them.

2 Likes

Hey there - you have to use English in the forums. Translate.Google.com can help you if you don’t typically read / write in English :slight_smile:

გამარჯობა - თქვენ უნდა გამოიყენოთ ინგლისური ფორუმებზე. თარგმნეთ. Google.com დაგეხმარებათ, თუ ჩვეულებრივ ინგლისურად არ კითხულობთ / წერთ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks darling, I’m trying to figure it out. Nice to meet you. Good luck to everyone new.