My Seller Account Restriction

cuteivy

Hello Guys I am Ivy a seller (no level) here on Fiverr. I have been a faithful seller in the marketplace since October 2020. Today (15th January 2020), my account was to be reviewed and upgraded to a level 1 seller. I however woke up to the rude shock that my account has been restricted and is under review and all my gigs denied. This I was told is after I received multiple warnings for violating the Fiverr TOS. My first warning came after I included “Buyer’s ■■■■■ Address” as part of the Order Requirements. Mind you, this came after I consulted the Fiverr Customer support team and one of their support members informed me that if the service requires ■■■■■ then I might as well use it and include it as a requirement in my gig. This also led to two of my gigs being denied and I was forced to delete them and create compliant gigs. Today, I received another message telling me that another gig that I offer “Research and Summaries” offers services that are not allowed in the Fiverr market place. This comes despite me trying my level best to steer clear of any academic assignments and focus only on genuine research.
I received mail informing me that my account has been restricted pending review because of the “multiple warnings”. Kindly tell me what I need t do and how to handle such a situation.
Any info will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Ivy.

• Like 20

Well I think Research also seen as academic assignments in Fiverr I do understand your frustration that I am also Energy Engineering 3rd Year Student and for some times we have to do some research regarding our subjects so research and summaries also categorize as assignments in university world in that case Fiverr CS is 100% on the money by taking action on your account.

The only solution is to work your problem with Fiverr CS since you got multiple warnings.

• Like 11

Well I think Research also seen as academic assignments in Fiverr I do understand your frustration that I am also Energy Engineering 3rd Year Student and for some times we have to do some research regarding our subjects so research and summaries also categorize as assignments in university world in that case Fiverr CS is 100% on the money by taking action on your account.

The only solution is to work your problem with Fiverr CS since you got multiple warnings.

what about the issue regarding the first warning where I consulted a member of the Fiverr Customer support before I modified my gig? Was it warranted?

• Like 12

what about the issue regarding the first warning where I consulted a member of the Fiverr Customer support before I modified my gig? Was it warranted?

first warning where I consulted a member of the Fiverr Customer support

Should you have gotten CS approval, you may want to contact CS and explain to them this case.

It’s also possible that you misunderstood what CS wrote you in reply.

By the way, why do you need Buyer’s ■■■■■ address for your service?

• Like 12

first warning where I consulted a member of the Fiverr Customer support

Should you have gotten CS approval, you may want to contact CS and explain to them this case.

It’s also possible that you misunderstood what CS wrote you in reply.

By the way, why do you need Buyer’s ■■■■■ address for your service?

I offer relationship counselling and there are instances where a buyer might need somewhere else to express themselves better other than the Fiverr inbox and that’s where ■■■■■ address came in. As for mis-interpretation, I did not write one mail, I sent another one just to be sure and in both instances the response was similar 😰

• Like 10

Sorry to hear that. You should be careful sharing contact details and doing any kind of academic task is strictly not allowed.

I have tried my level best not to do any academic work/assignments and steered clear from that. As for sharing the contacts the few clients that I had purchased my gig on Fiverr before giving me their ■■■■■ address. This I was told is ok by the C.S member who I had consulted.

• Like 9

I have tried my level best not to do any academic work/assignments and steered clear from that. As for sharing the contacts the few clients that I had purchased my gig on Fiverr before giving me their ■■■■■ address. This I was told is ok by the C.S member who I had consulted.

Do you still have the correspondence from the Fiverr agent who told you it was OK to exchange personal info in order to take them off site to conduct your relationship counseling? If so, I would write to customer service and include that email or message so they can use that in determining if you get your account back.

GG

• Like 11

Do you still have the correspondence from the Fiverr agent who told you it was OK to exchange personal info in order to take them off site to conduct your relationship counseling? If so, I would write to customer service and include that email or message so they can use that in determining if you get your account back.

GG

I have tried that my dear. I have attached the ticket number of our conversation with that C. S member. However, I am not getting a straight answer from them. My first reply was from a different individual and after attaching the said mails another C. S member responded but failed to answer me on why my gig was cancelled yet I followed orders from one of their own.

• Like 9

I will do that my dear and hope for the best. How long does the review normally take?

How long does the review normally take?

Restriction - means the account is partially disabled. The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages. Seller’s Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders.

Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer will need to wait for the trial period which can take upwards of 90 days to be completed to know if their account will be restored or permanently disabled.

Note: Customer Support cannot influence the result of this review, nor can they update the user on the review’s end date.

The above is from the Help Centre.

• Like 8

How long does the review normally take?

Restriction - means the account is partially disabled. The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages. Seller’s Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders.

Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer will need to wait for the trial period which can take upwards of 90 days to be completed to know if their account will be restored or permanently disabled.

Note: Customer Support cannot influence the result of this review, nor can they update the user on the review’s end date.

The above is from the Help Centre.

Thanks alot for the heads up I appreciate. During the review do they consider messages that were sent by other C.S members or they just look at a seller’s actions/dealings in the market place?

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like they did not approve your Gig to include Sky pe. Sounds like they gave you information on Gigs that do have this service and that you can create your Gig with this information, and it would have to pass through the relevant team to approve whether or not you could offer this. The second screen shot there, 2nd to last paragraph doesn’t sound like you were given permission - yet.

GG

• Like 8

Sounds like they did not approve your Gig to include Sky pe. Sounds like they gave you information on Gigs that do have this service and that you can create your Gig with this information, and it would have to pass through the relevant team to approve whether or not you could offer this. The second screen shot there, 2nd to last paragraph doesn’t sound like you were given permission - yet.

GG

After editing the gig, it stayed for some few hours before it was accepted and I was told that my gig was accepted

• Like 8

• 2 years later...

@triplea2a2 I'm facing a similar account restriction too, but I guess you've to wait until the trust & safety team finishes their review. In my case, it's already 20 days & they said it'd take around 60 days. Also in my case, I didn't receive any warnings beforehand.

The best bet for you is to wait as well, I hope this helps! 🙂

• Like 8