My story so far

recter

I began using Fiverr seriously around a week ago. I got one order only a month after my account creation, coincidently when I began taking Fiverr seriously, and I have only received one other order since then. So in other words, it has practically taken me 2 months to earn $8. Given I was inactive 90% of those two months, I’d say around $8 in over a week. I’ll have to say, I’m quite disappointed on my earnings, expecting to at least crack the $20/week mark. So far, despite my 10 unique gigs, only 20% have actually received an order. That being said, I have ensured that those two orders were 100% completed to a high standard.

Let’s move on. Last night, I created a video for my gig, which I believe gets the message across in a professional manner, having included in the gig an example of my work. Once I uploaded the video, I was sure that by the next morning, or after 24 hours, I would have acquired at least one order, which was not the case.

Am I expecting too much of fiverr? All of my gigs obtain positive ratings, and my gigs range from writing reviews, to web design – both in which I believe I am capable of completing to a high standard. I am very familiar with CSS/HTML, my English is most of the time flawless, but I’m still unable to expand my Fiverr experience.

What are your thoughts on this situation?

I began using Fiverr seriously around a week ago. I got one order only a month after my account creation, coincidently when I began taking Fiverr seriously, and I have only received one other order since then. So in other words, it has practically taken me 2 months to earn $8. Given I was inactive 90% of those two months, I’d say around $8 in over a week. I’ll have to say, I’m quite disappointed on my earnings, expecting to at least crack the $20/week mark. So far, despite my 10 unique gigs, only 20% have actually received an order. That being said, I have ensured that those two orders were 100% completed to a high standard.

Let’s move on. Last night, I created a video for my gig, which I believe gets the message across in a professional manner, having included in the gig an example of my work. Once I uploaded the video, I was sure that by the next morning, or after 24 hours, I would have acquired at least one order, which was not the case.

Am I expecting too much of fiverr? All of my gigs obtain positive ratings, and my gigs range from writing reviews, to web design – both in which I believe I am capable of completing to a high standard. I am very familiar with CSS/HTML, my English is most of the time flawless, but I’m still unable to expand my Fiverr experience.

What are your thoughts on this situation?

You’re clearly a man of high expectations, so let’s get nitpick-y.

• The stock images as the immediate representation of 80% of your gigs have got to go. Not only would I not click them, I would go out of the way with my cursor so as not to collide with any of them.

• Let’s remove the unmistakeable negative word “unfortunately” from your description. It’s marketing psychology, unless you are trying to encourage your audience to act against that negative.

• Confident? Invest just $5…and go get yourself a pro gig promo.

• Compromise – at the very least before you consider lessening your focus here – and offer more (eg. 2 reviews per, how long can it really take you to type a paragraph, mate?)

• Beg, erm- hire oranje web design or other cost-efficient marketing group. (citizen’s note: The organization, not any forum entities that may or may not bear similar resemblance in nomenclature)

Additional thoughts include a 3D designer who produces complex 3d models who has only got – check this out – the EXACT amount of sales you have – it gets even better – in the EXACT amount of time you’ve been here. So, it may be a larger issue.

Archived