Fiverr Community Forum

My Story

Hi everyone.

Browsing through all the Fiverr success stories, I felt I too should share mine.
Although my story is not quite a “success story” per se yet. Still, I believe I am on the way.

About a year and a half ago, I lost my job due to downsizing. My wife was working at a local school and what she earned was just enough not to make us homeless for the time being.

After struggling with the frustration of not finding a suitable job, a bout of alcoholism, bills piling up and all savings finally depleted, there came a point when I was at my lowest. There were days when I didn’t have enough money for gas and I had to walk.

And then, when I found that I am simply not getting a job, I started looking at other means of income.

I analyzed what are the things I am good at. I had a Masters in English, and a diploma in Creative Writing. 10 years in a corporate environment had made me an expert in data analysis, spreadsheets, presentations and other such stuff. I also had a knack for designing. I had taken a Photoshop course a few years back.

So, armed with these “skills” I set out to scourge the Internet for something I could cling on to.
And to be honest, at first I was disappointed. All I found were stupid sites where they would pay you for clicking ads or taking up surveys. And the other freelancer sites were either too complicated or not so trustworthy.

3 months passed, and I had earned around 20$ clicking ads & taking surveys!!!

I had almost given up when I suddenly came upon Fiverr. It would be a cliche, but I want to say it “It changed my life!!!”

I started my first gig. Designing 20 motivational picture quotes for 5$; delivery in 24 hours. I put in an extra, for 5$ more you can have the Photoshop source files.

And I waited. 2 days passed, then a week. I forgot all about it and went back to my ads and surveys.

And then, out of the blue, I got an email. I had an order!!!
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that I was ecstatic!!!

I quickly finished the job. And the buyer tipped 5$ as well!!!

And after that, I was hooked to Fiverr. I created a two more gigs. One on article writing and the other related to proofreading.

And I got 4 more orders in 2 days.

Today, I am a Level 1 seller and on my way to become Level 2.

I don’t know if there are any tips I can give. But, all I want to say is that be persistent. Adhere to the timelines. And always provide a little extra something. It will make the buyer come back to you.

Thanks for reading this and good luck…

Very inspiring, thanks for sharing

Great, all the best. Where are you from in India?

Jobs are hard to get in our country, most of us have to struggle to survive, not easy at all.

I am from the North East

Okay, good to know.

Thanks for sharing…hope that someday I might get to level 1

I started last week and already had my 4th order. Good Luck ya’ll!