My website was hacked

gafferbcn

I contracted a guy to improve my website. He improved speed but I got concerned when my website was no longer visible on Google. I seen via my google developer page someone with the email “My credit history” had added themselves as a admin. They had set my website so it’s not visible on Google. They accessed the website by entering a HTML code. The only person that has my log in was the person who was working on the gig from Fiverr. Could be a coincidence or something more serious??

Hi - sorry this happened to you.

Your best bet is to contact CS, who may be able to help you with this. If it is a fiverr seller then they should be banned … but the truth is, you’ll have to supply proof.

Websites are being hacked all the time, so it’s important to have good security … the security log files can give you the ip address of “my credit history”. You should send that to CS with your other proof.

It sounds like they did it. Can you change the password so they can’t login?

Yes I changed the password. I think next time I will create a new user for my website and give that to the person working on the project to have more control.

Archived