Fiverr Community Forum

Mystery of Red Dot..!

Hi,
My fiverr interface is updated yesterday and I really don’t understand why this red dot appears when I don’t have an unread message/notification?
I observe that this dot appears when a client of mine having active order on my gig is online,but I’m not pretty sure about this.
Have you observed this?

Aman

2 Likes

The dot comes up (I think) if you have a message or a notification - lots more here:
https://forum.fiverr.com/t/we-re-making-a-change-to-the-header-menu/

1 Like

I don’t have.Still it appears and irritates me a loooooot :rage:

3 Likes

cutest emoji ever! :hugs::hugs::hugs:
inform CS about that issue.

I didn’t! Watching a red dot without new message/notifications seems abnormal to me :frowning:

1 Like

did you clicked in inbox tab ? Still nothing new >

Hello @anjylina,
Go to inbox/notifications and try to scroll down. Maybe you have the situation like me when you open message page, nothing showed new, but when I scroll down, I see new messages.
I hope that will help you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I’ve clicked. Red dot appears as long as my clients remain online for whom I’m working currently.

Time to chat with support :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

BTW its NOT red, its Fuschia.

10 Likes

When I typed Fuschia,spell mistake was raised and corrected one was spelled as “Fuchsia”.
I don’t know which one is correct.so I would like to suppose it “RED:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@djgodknows or magenta?

2 Likes

I am having this happen too. No new message, no new notification. I don’t’ get it.

1 Like

It´s fuchsia, because of the pretty plant in the pic below, it´s a plant many people here have, but we usually refer to the colour as magenta, as fitrig called it, because it´s the colour of the German Telekom and they call it magenta, and since they are so mighty as the biggest player on the phone and internet market here, everyone now calls it magenta instead of fuchsia. :wink:

But anyhow, I have that issue as well, and had it before the UI update already, not always but recurring, if I take the time to really click on, not just read, all messages and notifications, even old ones sometimes, it goes away usually, at least after a while.

5 Likes

Mine is always there and never goes off. I don’t know what it means.

I have the same bug. The red dot shows up even if there are no new inbox messages or notifications.

Sometimes, even messages which I had read more than a month ago show up as unread.

1 Like

Yes, I have this bug too. No new notifications, no new messages. Fiverr is now adding to my work flow. Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Ditto. Same red dot issue. No new messages or notifications, but it shows up just the same. It is annoying.

A year and a half later, and still not fixed.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.