Myy account is restricted

rizwan605

My account has been restricted and i dont know what i am doing wrong 😦 could any one tell me how long it will take by fiverr to review my account?
I got this email:

Hi rizwan605,

Your account was flagged for offering services that are not allowed in our marketplace.
Fiverr allows sellers to create Gigs and offer professional services. However, sellers are required to be aware of our Terms of Service, guidelines, and which services are not allowed on our platform. Additionally, sellers must adhere to all third party Terms of Service.

This is your second warning and therefore your account is currently restricted and under review by our Trust and Safety team.
During the period of the review, you will be able to complete your active orders. However, you cannot place or receive new orders and you cannot communicate with users, other than your buyers/sellers within an active order. Our team will keep you posted with any update.

Thanks!
The Fiverr team

My account has been restricted and i dont know what i am doing wrong 😦 could any one tell me how long it will take by fiverr to review my account?

I got this email:

Hi rizwan605,

Your account was flagged for offering services that are not allowed in our marketplace.

Fiverr allows sellers to create Gigs and offer professional services. However, sellers are required to be aware of our Terms of Service, guidelines, and which services are not allowed on our platform. Additionally, sellers must adhere to all third party Terms of Service.

This is your second warning and therefore your account is currently restricted and under review by our Trust and Safety team.

During the period of the review, you will be able to complete your active orders. However, you cannot place or receive new orders and you cannot communicate with users, other than your buyers/sellers within an active order. Our team will keep you posted with any update.

Thanks!

The Fiverr team

dont know what i am doing wrong

They wrote that in the email :woman_shrugging:

But i was offering to do help in chemistry related problems, assignments and lab reports.

Is there anything wrong with that?

Yes. There is something wrong with that. By saying you would help with assignments and reports, Fiverr sees that as you doing “academic cheating” - in their mind, you would be doing the assignments and reports, even IF that is not what you would be doing. Doing any sort of academic work is forbidden here on Fiverr and most other freelancing sites. And, this is in the TOS.

I would not expect your account to be unrestricted anytime soon, since you did make a Gig or Gigs that offer something that is not allowed. That is why it is important to read that annoying long TOS when you sign up. You avoid headaches later on.

GG

But there are many gigs who are currently offering this service and even some are offering direct"to do assignments and lab reports etc" and they are level one seller.

And also, can it lead to ban my account?

Yes. I would imagine that your account will not be reinstated at all since you were offering something that is against the TOS. Perhaps you could write to CS and tell them you realize what you did wrong (offering assignments) and have read the TOS and will make Gigs that do not violate this policy if they let you have this account back OR let you create a new one.

It doesn’t matter if others are offering this on the site - they, too, at some point, will have their accounts restricted or banned (and, worse, they may lose the money they earned or it will be tied up for I think 3 months) due to offering a service that is not allowed here. It is like Russian Roulette -Fiverr is not going see every account that is breaking the rules - their “number” will come up at some point, and they will face the consequences.

GG

Is there any way to get back my account?

And what about the money i earned?

Only way to get your account back is to ask CS if they can reinstate you as I explained above. If they choose to NOT reinstate your reactivate your account, your funds are on hold for 90 days. Then again, if you were offering things that are illegal, such as writing papers etc, they may not let you have your earnings. You would have to ask them about that, as I do not know.

GG

Archived