Fiverr Forum

Name and Shame

Is this eBay? Very few sellers ship out physical goods here. Why follow their model? Why not suggest Amazon, where anyone can leave a review? Wouldn’t that be more appropriate to your NAME AND SHAME idea?

Physical goods or a service what is the difference? As a customer I should be able to report or advise other potential buyers or sellers of deceptive user accounts.

You accepted a refund on three separate occasions which under the TOS of the site negates that right–had you not, you could have waited and cancelled for an automatic 1-star review (with no input, mind). You can go to plenty of Fiverr review sites (that review Fiverr as a site) and share your experience, including your dissatisfaction with not being able to leave a review.

The system here can be unfair for buyers and sellers, but this is not one of those issues. If you really, really want to condemn these people, just go to one of those review sites, say your piece, then move on. It will have no impact on anything. You can even do it here. It will be moderated to fit Forum Rules and have no impact on anything. This is why I’m saying move on. Honestly, the most impactful thing to do would be to contact Customer Support, because they’d keep a record and if any of your sellers had a track record of doing this, their account would be deleted or severely curtailed.

So go and do one of those things.

ROFL you guys are a trip …

What exactly are you trying to get done? Maybe someone here on the forum can help you out.

psychedelic, baby!

No that is really not a common pattern here. The glowing reviews of thousands of sellers here should be able to assure you that this not a common thing. Just some sellers perhaps. Funny excuses though!! There are some really hard working, responsible sellers here and hope you get to work with some of them soon, if you can let this experience pass.

No that is really not a common pattern here. The glowing reviews of thousands of sellers here should be able to assure you that this not a common thing. Just some sellers perhaps. There are some really hard working, responsible sellers here and hope you get to work with some of them soon, if you can let this experience pass.

That buyer wasn’t someone named “triespe” at all was it?

Yes, name and shame them. Not to the forum or even other sites as that will have no impact. Send a detailed report of any very bad service from a seller to customer service. They won’t tell you what they do but I have seen and heard of action that has been taken by them against sellers. If people do this then CS will weed out the repeat offenders over time.

If the sellers are just cancelling rather than delivering horrible work be glad since you can get a refund and try a different seller.

This happens so regularly it’s not funny. I’ve had it happen four times this week alone from “top rated” service providers.

There is a distinct pattern to this. The cancellation request comes 3 hours before the gig is due to be delivered. Why? Because Fiverr sends the service provider a message “reminding” them that the gig is due to be delivered, but service providers are able to make delivery promises they are unable keep, without consequence, because if they can’t or won’t deliver they can just request a cancellation. I had one service provider actually send the message with the cancellation request saying “I’m late delivering this, please cancel this gig and rebuy so that the late delivery doesn’t effect my ratings”. Basically, the service provider asked me to assist them in manipulating their ratings. When I refused, the service provider complained to customer service who cancelled the order anyways.

My personal experience is that about 20% of gigs I purchase (mostly translation or image edits or similar types of work) result in cancellations, so I sympathize with the OP’s position of wasted time. Sure, you have no choice but to move on, but it IS wasted time for the buyer. When the service provider says they’re going to deliver within 3 days, it’s reasonable to expect the service to be delivered in 3 days. In a recent case of this, I expected delivery in 3 days, in time for a deadline I had, and I missed that deadline because the service providers, who (let’s not forget) had contractually agreed to deliver something to me, failed to do so and I’m left explaining why delivery is late, and there is really no consequence for their failure to deliver on their promise.

IMHO the issue for buyers is that the gig cancellation system it’s being (ab)used by service providers to their advantage, and to the detriment of buyers, without consequence. Perhaps a solution would be that if after 24 hours after purchase the service provider wishes to cancel the gig then the buyer should still be able to leave feedback? Or maybe Fiverr could simply, on the gig details page, list the total number of times the gig has been purchased and the total number of times the gig has been cancelled by the seller thus allowing the buyer to make a more informed decision… If a buyer can see that the service provider cancels about 20% of purchases then the buyer can opt for another service provider where the risk of cancellation is ostensibly lower.

Thank you! Spot on happened again with the last seller this is the 4th time for same gig this time they delivered on the last day but a very bad version of what I wanted. They promised to deliver the work with in 2-3 business days and few hours before the order expired send me a request to do a revision as they needed more time to which i agreed. I knew something is wrong at this stage, but I gave them more time. The next day they delivered a very bad version of my order put together quickly and now im stuck without a product 7 days later and a lot of wasted time and money. Im contacting CS to see happens next.

On another note, can anyone help me put together a calendar in A3 with some business cards? I can provide all content and layout!

Wait for the countdown to stop and then leave a negative feedback. And of course you will loose your money.

Hypothetically speaking if say someone that has been in the IT industry for 20+ years ended up on such site/blog because of a spiteful/psychologically disturbed client and you didn’t do some research on the matter, I can see said site/blog been completely annihilated by DMCA notices and pending litigation or perhaps other things, of course hypothetically speaking that is… :stuck_out_tongue:

I hate that guy, Joeyperezwest, he always sets his prices too low. He over delivered all the time.

BOOO that man… boooo