Nearly had a heart episode ;)

vakart

Imagine my excitement at arriving at the fiverr homepage and seeing one of my gigs appear in the “featured gigs” list. The euphoria quickly faded however when I noticed the badge “based on your orders”.

Ah ok, So only I am seeing this. Sad face.

Then, a few hours later, the “check out these popular gigs” email arrives and not one but TEN of my gigs feature in all their glory.

What’s happening? Why is fiverr promoting me to me, both on its homepage and emails?

It does make me laugh whenever I see one of my own gigs come up in emails or on the ‘featured’ list. I’m so flattered that Fiverr thinks I’d be interested in my own work!

Some of the marketing emails do seem a little strange, I just seem to see random things that are in the same category as something I’ve clicked on with little targeting but it doesn’t really bother me too much.

Interestingly, fiverr have now updated the gig email to indicate some items are based on my search history. Ok.

They then go on to tell me other gigs I might like. Hmmm… 8 of my own gigs?

It’s true I like them… but…

Anyway, it makes me laugh. But it’s a shame it’s not more useful and can’t reflect gigs that might genuinely be of interest to me.

Archived