Need advice for time management as a seller on Fiverr

rehan_ultimate

Honestly, I think your full-time job takes lots of your time…I’m not sure you’ll have enough time to rest and work some more.

You can try working from 9pm -12am. You’ll probably not earn a lot from this, but you might acquire some experience, and with time you might even be able to replace your day job.

Good luck.

• Like 16

Honestly, I think your full-time job takes lots of your time…I’m not sure you’ll have enough time to rest and work some more.

You can try working from 9pm -12am. You’ll probably not earn a lot from this, but you might acquire some experience, and with time you might even be able to replace your day job.

Good luck.

Why do you say that? That’s not true.

To my person:

I work as an accountant 25 hours a week.

I have a wholesale import company.

I have my Fiverr Freelancing.

I have a wife and child.

I study my bachelor part-time.

I have a giant house that needs maintenance including a garden

Everything is possible.

It is not easy.

But only in this way was I able to give up my regular 9 to 5 job and focus more on what I really want.

You have a problem? Solve it.

P.s.: I started Fiverr when i got a 50 hour week job.

• Like 14

To my person:

I have a wife and child.

Everything is possible.

It is not easy.

But only in this way was I able to give up my regular 9 to 5 job and focus more on what I really want.

It’s called an opinion?…not everyone has superpowers to work 23hrs per day, you know.

Maybe you can give some real tips on how to do it please?

• Like 16

It isn’t really a superpower. But there are a few tips:

1. Go to bed early. 10:00 pm Deadline.
  2. Wake up at 05:00 am. 30 Min sports.
  3. No Alcohol. No Cigarettes.
  4. Eat Healthy
  5. Read Books
  6. No Multitasking!
  7. Use a Projectmanagementtool. Microsoft To-Do. Trello. Jira. etc.
  8. Delegate tasks. Even if it costs something.
  9. Take a break from time to time.
  10. Eliminate bad habits. Games, apps, binge watching.

A bad habit of mine is e.g. that write in this forum. The added value is often limited and I get annoyed too often.

• Like 14

To my person:

I have a wife and child.

Everything is possible.

It is not easy.

He has an 11-hour a day job. That is hardly comparable to your situation.

I’m not saying he can’t make it work. He can. I’m saying your guilt tripping post isn’t helpful or applicable. Invalidating his concern that he can’t handle it achieves nothing. It’s rude. It’s a valid concern and he is right to ask how to make it work. You haven’t given him any advice on how to do that. You just shamed him for being concerned.

• Like 16

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Does anyone experience burn-out doing freelance work plus a regular day job plus family?
When I first started with fiverr I was very excited and got a bunch of orders. However, as I got more orders including some very complex ones I found it difficult to manage my time. Fiverr was taking priority over spending quality time with my family, I’d even wake up in the middle of the night worried that I might miss a delivery deadline.

Lately, when a potential customer contacts me about some work, I’ve been giving very exaggerated time frames (7 - 10 days) whereas in the past I would have said 1 or 2 days for the same work. I feel like I need to find some balance and haven’t quite got it right. Half the time the customers are ok with the long delivery time frames and others probably go to my competition.

I also completely understand that my problems are first-world problems and there are people on fiverr that have much bigger things to worry about than not being able sit down on a couch and watch a movie or play a game with their family.

Has anyone been in a similar situation juggling 9-5 work 5 days a week + fiverr + family + recreation?
What strategies do you use to balance these things? I’m considering just keeping long delivery time frames and accept that I’ll have potential customers go elsewhere.

Thanks

• Like 18

I have a full time job with a lot of down time so I’m able to get most of my writing done at work. Before work I usually give myself and hour to record what I need to. If I get an order on my days off which are Friday and Saturday. I won’t even start it until Sunday afternoon. I have my gig set as 7 day delivery so it works out.

However sometimes my creative juices need re-energizing so I take a week to myself only working on projects for long term returning buyers who don’t place an order until I give them the go ahead.

• Like 14

I hear you! I have similar circumstances around me.

Although I’m a reasonably successful seller, I deliberately keep my Fiverr work part-time. I manage this by offering a 3 day turnaround on my basic gig (on average one gig takes me 20 minutes to complete), if someone wants a larger order I will offer them a 4, 5 or 6 day turnaround, I never discount, and if anyone shows the slightest bit of disrespect during an initial conversation, then I choose not to work with them. I never break my own little set of rules.

I know from experience that most of my clients order 2, 3 or 4 gigs to cover their work. I can complete this over a couple of cups of coffee after breakfast. But of course there are days when life happens. That’s fine, I have the next day to work on the order…

Put simply I rarely choose to accept large orders, I give myself plenty of time to complete all orders (often with two days to spare), and I don’t work with disrespectful people. If a buyer chooses to accept my way of doing things, great! If not, I have no desire to work with them.

I retain control which means little stress. My way of working Fiverr is never going to make me rich, but the additional income is very useful.

• Like 16

Hi,

I am starting to have the same problem. Now I am strict about my working hours and my family hours. No working over the weekend or in the evenings. Also consider increasing your prices a little. I you are overloaded perhaps your prices are too affordable.

Good luck

Teacher Nita

• Like 14

On 6/18/2020 at 6:37 AM, english_voice said:

I hear you! I have similar circumstances around me.

Although I’m a reasonably successful seller, I deliberately keep my Fiverr work part-time. I manage this by offering a 3 day turnaround on my basic gig (on average one gig takes me 20 minutes to complete), if someone wants a larger order I will offer them a 4, 5 or 6 day turnaround, I never discount, and if anyone shows the slightest bit of disrespect during an initial conversation, then I choose not to work with them. I never break my own little set of rules.

I know from experience that most of my clients order 2, 3 or 4 gigs to cover their work. I can complete this over a couple of cups of coffee after breakfast. But of course there are days when life happens. That’s fine, I have the next day to work on the order…

Put simply I rarely choose to accept large orders, I give myself plenty of time to complete all orders (often with two days to spare), and I don’t work with disrespectful people. If a buyer chooses to accept my way of doing things, great! If not, I have no desire to work with them.

I retain control which means little stress. My way of working Fiverr is never going to make me rich, but the additional income is very useful.

Thanks for the advice. Like you, I have no plans of trying to get rich from Fiverr, nor do I depend on Fiverr to put food on the table. I’ll just take jobs at a pace I’m comfortable with. Thanks for sharing your perspective

On 6/18/2020 at 6:38 AM, teachernita said:

I am starting to have the same problem. Now I am strict about my working hours and my family hours. No working over the weekend or in the evenings. Also consider increasing your prices a little. I you are overloaded perhaps your prices are too affordable.

I appreciate the advice. Thank you

• Like 14

• 3 months later...

Hello I have been a seller on Fiverr for almost two and a half months now. At first I hardly had any orders and I could easily work on the few orders I had.

I provided good work to my few clients who were very satisfied and gave me good reviews. This has increased the number of messages I receive and even the number of my orders. Which is really a good thing, I’m happy about that but there is a problem …

The messages and the number of orders having increased I feel very overloaded, I have the impression of having enormous pressure and of not even having time to do other things.

Notice that I provide services in the creation of mobile applications, so the services I offer take time to resolve.

I know that all work comes with its pressure, but I would like to know how you do to manage your orders on Fiverr and have time for other things what strategy do you apply?

Your experience will be of great use to me.

Thank you.

• Like 16

On 10/17/2020 at 3:29 PM, locyabili said:

it’s not about resolution center. 

"In cases where you may have personal issues, technical difficulties, or are simply overbooked, we recommend setting your status to Out of Office Mode, even if it’s just for a short time. You can avoid the need to cancel orders, which is a poor experience for our buyers. If you find that you are doing this often, consider limiting your orders in queue to avoid being overbooked."

The above is from the article. 

• Like 16

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

As a Fiverr seller you need to manage your time properly cause you know some time you face lot of work pressure that time I think, you need to maintain some point for your flexibility. Here I make some point for all the seller.

1. Please make sure your working time first causes we are not robot so you need doing your work 3-4 hours and take some rest.
  2. Some time buyer gives you revision but you already engaged with your new project or other work then please don't make it rush. Try to finished your running work and after compete the work then you can start your revision project. This time you can message your buyer and explain how you will give his/her modification.
  3. Most important think, you need to make a better and comfort workstation and you can work there as a office worker with maintain the same time flow chart.
  4. If you are provide design, coding, research or analyze type of service then please doing only 6-8 hours work daily cause you you spend more time with this type of work then after few years later you can face physical damage.
  5. If some one message or notice you before or after your working time then you can explain him/her you are capable or interest with her/his project but you need to notify him/her about your working time and you also need to ensure them the project time duration. 
  • Like 49

• 3 months later...

Hello experts, please tell me your ideas about how you manage your time with heavy duties coming through freelancing platforms and how you balance your domestic work with those, so how you release your tension from orders after spent long hours in front  of computer. so what should do to maintain good mental and physical health during the service. all your ideas and experience are must need to built good discussion.

• Like 18
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, gayanchamira said:

Hello experts, please tell me your ideas about how you manage your time with heavy duties coming through freelancing platforms and how you balance your domestic work with those, so how you release your tension from orders after spent long hours in front  of computer. so what should do to maintain good mental and physical health during the service. all your ideas and experience are must need to built good discussion.

Here's how I avoid domestic duties: 

When it comes to relaxing and unwinding as a freelancer, I often play Microsoft Flight Simulator. Just relaxing and flying with buddies helps me unwind and I love learning how to "fly" so you'll often find me reading the user manuals for complex airliners like the Boeing 737. I know, I'm a nerd. Haha. 

I also travel a lot. I've just spent the last week at a nice hotel, just to relax. Brought the wife and kid. Just enjoying some luxury, even for a day or two, can make a lot of difference. Even though I have a nice house, there's something to be said for decadent golden chandeliers, huge plush chairs and hotel linen. You can even bring your work with you. It really motivates me to work hard and be effecient when I'm working from home, since I'm never going to an office and so on. It can be good being around other people, have a change of pace and new surroundings. 

• Like 20
  • Confused 1

Im a single guy without kids. So you can relatively say that i have too much time simply because i just have to take care of myself.

That being said;

I have a day job 9-5. Road takes some time and im at home at 18.30

Usually i go to a boxing club nearby. 3 days a week. It takes 1 or 1.5 hours to finish a routine training. That training is not something you can relax while doing it. But to be honest, doing that resets the whole day for me, i take a shower after that and feel better all along. And i like doing physical activities so its a double bonus for me. And boxing is tiring. Takes a lot of sweat. Which is the whole point for me. Works very well. Specially as a freelancer we tend to sit down in front of the computer. You got to release some energy at some point. Exercise is amazing. What i do is kinda egdy and cant really work after that because i have to rest, but everyone can find something for their taste/abilities.

I Used to play games on console or pc(I dont pick teams) Usualy action adventure or fantasy role playing. Nowadays not so much. These days i paint. While painting i watch some tv series. If the painting got really intense, i switch to music.

And if you can, say like you can work with a tablet or something mobile. I recommend going to a coffee place or something to do your freelance job. Have some people around, make some small interractions. Maybe not always, but try it once a week or something. I found it helpful.  Im tryng to make this somewhat regular for me. I even started to look forward to the day i go out to work. 

• Like 20