" Need advice: Order was placed without any task details

natalia_20161

Question

Hello Freelancers,

I need your advice. Yesterday late evening there was an order placed on 1 of my gigs. There were no task details on the order, neither any message from the Buyer with the task in my communication Inbox. I asked him for details through Order messages and via Inbox messages (communication one). No reply. In around an hour I resent my both messages asking what he wants me to do and for details. No reply. As it was already quite late in my country and daytime in his country, I thought that I might have his reply in the morning and went to bed. This morning I checked - Silence. So, he has not given any task and has not replied to my messages. But time is flying, the time counter is working and I don’t know what to do in such situation. Would appreciate advice from those who had experienced the same problem and/or who knows what to do in such situation. Many thanks.

19 answers to this question

There’s 3 ways of solving this issues.

1. Ask the client to Extend the delivery time.
  2. If there’s no response of the Buyer, then you need to go to resolution center and cancel the order before the order becomes late or it will affect your seller stats.
  3. You can also contact Customer Support for advice.

This is an old post. See the post above. The case has been resolved.

There’s 3 ways of solving this issues.

1. Ask the client to Extend the delivery time.
  2. If there’s no response of the Buyer, then you need to go to resolution center and cancel the order before the order becomes late or it will affect your seller stats.
  3. You can also contact Customer Support for advice.

I suggest to extend the delivery time.

I have a lot of buyer that is doing the thing like that and once they return some of them Said there were suddenly thing they need to do right after they place their order.

Usually I wait until 3 days and if there is still no response then better to cancel it but still keep contacting the buyer in some period to check maybe they have been ready for the job.

Thank you very much for your reply and for sharing your experience. Very useful!

I suggest to extend the delivery time.
I have a lot of buyer that is doing the thing like that and once they return some of them Said there were suddenly thing they need to do right after they place their order.

Usually I wait until 3 days and if there is still no response then better to cancel it but still keep contacting the buyer in some period to check maybe they have been ready for the job.

You can simply go to resolution center and cancel the order reason being buyer not responding.

You can wait till it is 1 hr in delivery

If the buyer respond and tell you what he needs and you can do that then go ahead with the job and get the delivery time extended and you just go buyer requirements.

It’s an amazing feature given by fiverr to extend the time in case needed.

If no response simply put order on cancellation.

You can ask support too to cancel the order

Delivering such order may cause trouble as you don’t know what to deliver and if the buyer doesn’t need what you provide

It may result in a negative reviews and cancellation by buyer.

Better be cautious

iamprime Many thanks for your detailed reply! It was very useful!

I have contacted support service for advice. Thanks to everyone who replied!

You can simply go to resolution center and cancel the order reason being buyer not responding.

You can wait till it is 1 hr in delivery

If the buyer respond and tell you what he needs and you can do that then go ahead with the job and get the delivery time extended and you just go buyer requirements.

It’s an amazing feature given by fiverr to extend the time in case needed.

If no response simply put order on cancellation.

You can ask support too to cancel the order

Delivering such order may cause trouble as you don’t know what to deliver and if the buyer doesn’t need what you provide

It may result in a negative reviews and cancellation by buyer.

Better be cautious

No, it’s the first time I have received such order. Usually buyers discuss details in advance.

No, it’s the first time I have received such order. Usually buyers discuss details in advance.

You should be using the requirements section. Go into your gig, edit the requirements, and then those questions you write will be presented to every buyer when they place their order. The order will not start counting down until the buyer answers those questions.

Archived