Need buyers

websiteexpect

@websiteexpect I am always one to tell the truth, and sometimes the truth is painful. You are offering writing services, when it is obvious that English is not your first language. Who is going to order that? That would be like going to a vegetarian restaurant and ordering a beef steak. It just doesn’t make sense. So, maybe offer something you are good at. A good way to get orders, and also see what buyers want, is to go to Buyers Requests under My Sales. There is a whole list of people looking to buy. See what they want. Make those gigs. Don’t offer to make good writing if you can’t write. Does that make sense?

I think webtelly actually gave you a tough but realistic response. I can only add a couple of things. I see you wrote in all caps in the forum, which is seen as “shouting” in text. If you are doing that when corresponding with potential buyers that will turn them off.

You list all these languages on your profile: English, Spanish, German, French, Turkish, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian. If you can really write fluently enough to correspond with buyers in all those languages it could be useful. Otherwise, that will hurt you. If someone native to Spain or Mexico or Germany (you get the point) wants to discuss a purchase with you and you can’t do that, don’t list that language. I took 2 years of German in college and I wouldn’t dare to list German on my profile because I know a bunch of words but I can’t hold a conversation.

Archived