Need Guidance on GIG Denied due to "Third Party TOS Violation"

mazmalik

I am new to Fiverr. I was all right with all my seven GIGs. Then, I created videos to boost my GIGs. All videos were created from the same platform. Six of them approved but one GIG was denied based on “Third party TOS violation”.

What should I do?

1. Either re-create the same GIG without video
  2. Re-create with new video
  3. Leave that GIG

Following is exact reason
“Third party TOS violation - Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings”

Are you using another people/company’s content ? If yest then remove that . And I think you are using otherwise your gig would not be denied .You can recreate and publish.Just remove the copyrighted content.

I made 7 ad/animated/graphic videos. Content was already available with that platform. i just created my own taglines and captions to make them relevant to my GIG. All other 6 approved but this one denied.

May I create a similar GIG again without video now?

The service you were offering (boosting apps or games in Play Store etc.) breaks Play Store’s ToS - you can’t pay somebody to have the popularity of your app falsely inflated.

But the GIG was already approved from last 10 days. It only declined after uploading video that was not related in anyway to iOS or Playstore

I am new to Fiverr. I was all right with all my seven GIGs. Then, I created videos to boost my GIGs. All videos were created from the same platform. Six of them approved but one GIG was denied based on “Third party TOS violation”.

What should I do?

3. Leave that GIG

“Third party TOS violation - Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings”

It’s probably nothing to do with the content of the video - I’m sure it was great.

Third party TOS violation - Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use.

That’s the bit that matters.

But the GIG was already approved from last 10 days. It only declined after uploading video that was not related in anyway to iOS or Playstore

It only declined after uploading video

Probably because someone checked it out only after you uploaded the video.

However, if you recreate the same gig again, someone is likely to check it out even without a video, and if you keep offering a forbidden service, you could get banned.

What should I do?

3. Leave that GIG

All videos were created from the same platform.

I see that you’re using Powtoon videos. Are you paying them at least the Starter plan? If not, you don’t have the right to use the videos you made with them for commercial purposes.

All videos were created from the same platform.

I see that you’re using Powtoon videos. Are you paying them at least the Starter plan? If not, you don’t have the right to use the videos you made with them for commercial purposes.

Yes I am doing Powtoon. It means my other GIGs may also hit?

Since they’re not being used just for personal use and are being used commercially, and if you haven’t got the commercial license, yes the other videos could also be flagged.

I assume if you had the commercial license it wouldn’t show the “powtoon” logo on the bottom right.

But the GIG was already approved from last 10 days.

It doesn’t matter if the “boost your app” gig was denied in 10 days or 30 days. The fact remains that such “boosting” services are not allowed on Fiverr as they violate Fiverr’s ToS. If you do not want your account to get banned, you should not create a similar “boosting” gig again.

I am doing Powtoon. It means my other GIGs may also hit?

You need to re-read what @catwriter said:

Are you paying them at least the Starter plan? If not, you don’t have the right to use the videos you made with them for commercial purposes.

Do you have the commercial license for using those videos? If you do, then you don’t have to worry. However, if you are not subscribed to Powtoon, chances are that Fiverr will deny all your gigs that use Powtoon videos.

It means my other GIGs may also hit?

If you haven’t paid to use them for commercial purposes, yes.

I notice that you haven’t answered my question

Are you paying them at least the Starter plan?

so I’m guessing that you didn’t pay to use those videos.

If you’re using content you have no right to use, your gigs can all get denied, and you can get permanently banned from Fiverr, too.

If you’re using content you have no right to use, your gigs can all get denied, and you can get permanently banned from Fiverr, too.

You will probably not get the answer from the OP and that would probably answer your question itself. 😉

I was out for some time. yes I am just using free plan.

One more thing I want to clarify about copyright content. My videos contain Powtoon logo, it means videos are giving proper credit to that platform. Still these can not be used? this is just for my understanding, otherwise I understood that I have to remove all videos

One more thing I want to clarify about copyright content. My videos contain Powtoon logo, it means videos are giving proper credit to that platform. Still these can not be used? this is just for my understanding, otherwise I understood that I have to remove all videos

it means videos are giving proper credit to that platform.

It doesn’t mean anything in terms of usage rights.

I see that their free plan does not include neither commercial use rights nor resell rights.

My videos contain Powtoon logo, it means videos are giving proper credit to that platform.

Still these can not be used? this is just for my understanding, otherwise I understood that I have to remove all videos

Just cuz I “give credit” to Apple’s logo by acknowledging that it was designed by Apple, it doesn’t automatically give me the rights to use the logo for my own commercial purposes.

You need to purchase the appropriate commercial rights/licenses from the company to do that. You cannot just use Powtoon logos/videos for FREE and think that it will be fine if you “give credit” to them (whatever that means :roll_eyes:).

@mazmalik If you continue to either use Powtoon’s logos/videos or remake the “boosting” gig, you will most probably get slapped with a Fiverr ban. If you don’t want that to happen, please listen to what others have said in this thread. Thanks.

it means videos are giving proper credit to that platform.

It doesn’t mean anything in terms of usage rights.

I see that their free plan does not include neither commercial use rights nor resell rights.

Hmm I got it. Thank you so much all. I never expected this much amazing support anywhere else. One thing I also learned that I need to go no where else for any Fiverr related support. You guys are awesome. Thanks

Since they’re not being used just for personal use and are being used commercially, and if you haven’t got the commercial license, yes the other videos could also be flagged.

I assume if you had the commercial license it wouldn’t show the “powtoon” logo on the bottom right.

That’s correct.

@mazmalik people can tell when what you’re using to promote your business doesn’t have a commercial license. If you want to make money off using a product, you have to pay the company who made it. Would you like it if someone took your work, made money off it and then didn’t give you a cut?

Still these can not be used? this is just for my understanding, otherwise I understood that I have to remove all videos

In order to use those videos for marketing or commercial purposes, you have to purchase the plan that allows you to do it. They have a list of plans, and it’s very clear which ones can be used for commercial purposes, and which ones can’t.

One thing I also learned that I need to go no where else for any Fiverr related support.

Actually, you do need to read Fiverr’s Terms of Service, and you should remember that, according to Fiverr’s ToS, you’re responsible for everything you use in your profile, and it’s your job to ensure that you have all the necessary rights to use it.

Why don’t you spend a little time on ‘Powtoon’ website’s TOS and check if it is OK to use their videos the way you are using them. or simply contact them.

yes I am just using free plan.

And you’re still using one Powtoon video? Have you paid for it in the meantime?

Archived