Need Help: Buyer Completed 2 milestones and on the end of 3rd Milestone he says he is not satisfied

colorscape

Hi All,

I am new here and started my work here just a month back. In last one month, I have received 8 orders and I have delivered 7 orders with 100% success but I am facing a serious problem on my last order.

One buyer placed an order 2 weeks back and I provided 3 milestones for 3 artworks for his game. He was communicating with me very nicely and always praised my work and how efficiently I am completing his designs. So, he completed 2 milestones with 2 artworks. I delivered the last milestone 3 days back and he was silent for 3 days. Suddenly, I wrote him a follow up message and he writes me back with a huge message that he is not satisfied with my work and none of the artworks will be of any help to his project.

It was like a shocking bomb over me after 2 weeks of hard work and dedication as he always liked my designs and completed 2 milestones. Now what just happened that he doesn’t like a single one of the designs? If he is not satisfied then why kept accepting the milestones?

I politely asked him that if he needs any modification in the design then I’ll do the needful but he is not responding and my design is in revision without any note of what to improve and as he was 3 days late, now my revision is showing 3 days late to submit.

I fear, it’ll get cancelled and I’ll lose all the money for the order.

Someone please suggest what to do.

Thanks

• Like 6

I have no experience yet on Fiverr - but from various accounts I’ve read on the forum, it seems like your buyer may be a scammer.

Think of it this way: if they aren’t happy with your first 2 artworks, they wouldn’t compliment them and stay quiet until the last milestone was reached. It was evident they wanted you to keep working until they got all the artworks before cancelling your gig with reasons such as “unsatisfactory results” or “late delivery”.

I’m not sure if CS can help as they are quite short-handed at the moment and may take awhile to reply. Perhaps the more knowledgeable members here could advise further.

• Like 5

I have no experience yet on Fiverr - but from various accounts I’ve read on the forum, it seems like your buyer may be a scammer.

Think of it this way: if they aren’t happy with your first 2 artworks, they wouldn’t compliment them and stay quiet until the last milestone was reached. It was evident they wanted you to keep working until they got all the artworks before cancelling your gig with reasons such as “unsatisfactory results” or “late delivery”.

I’m not sure if CS can help as they are quite short-handed at the moment and may take awhile to reply. Perhaps the more knowledgeable members here could advise further.

Hi and thank you for your kind response.

I also thought of him as a scammer but then I checked his Fiverr profile and found that he is member since 2012 and have some feedback from sellers. He had his last 2 feedback posted a week back with 5 star rating and I am now totally confused.

As per Fiverr rules, I should get paid for 2 milestones as he marked completed but I don’t know what kind of game he’d play here. I am totally novice in such situations.

• Like 5

Hi and thank you for your kind response.

I also thought of him as a scammer but then I checked his Fiverr profile and found that he is member since 2012 and have some feedback from sellers. He had his last 2 feedback posted a week back with 5 star rating and I am now totally confused.

As per Fiverr rules, I should get paid for 2 milestones as he marked completed but I don’t know what kind of game he’d play here. I am totally novice in such situations.

As per the TOS as well, they are not supposed to cancel based on quality of gigs as long as the gigs were delivered as described on your gig page.

Maybe err… @imagination7413 could advise on this? I have faith in their suggestions. 😂

• Like 6

As per the TOS as well, they are not supposed to cancel based on quality of gigs as long as the gigs were delivered as described on your gig page.

Maybe err… @imagination7413 could advise on this? I have faith in their suggestions. 😂

Hi yes I read the same in the terms & condition. So lets see. I am also writing a mail to the customer care and will also write to the profile you have mentioned.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

• Like 5

Hi yes I read the same in the terms & condition. So lets see. I am also writing a mail to the customer care and will also write to the profile you have mentioned.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

I think you can wait for them since I mentioned them here. Not sure if people like a direct message out of the blue. 😂

• Like 5

Hmm…

Project Milestones:
  • Custom Offers above $100 may include up to three project milestones. Each milestone is paid and delivered separately in accordance with each Custom Offer’s description and timelines.
  • A milestone is marked as Complete after it is delivered by the Seller and then accepted by the Buyer. A milestone will be automatically marked as complete if no acceptance or request for modification were submitted within 8 days after marked as Delivered, however, in such case the Order will be stopped and all further milestones will be cancelled.
  • Once a milestone is delivered, Buyers may choose to either continue with the Order and pay for the next milestone, or to stop the Order. Please note that if you choose to stop the Order, the current delivered milestone will not be cancelled.

Not quite. Maybe… https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/working-with-milestones

Working-with-milestones

If the Buyer chooses to stop an order (they can do so after each Milestone is delivered), you will be notified not to continuing working on future Milestones.

After the entire order is marked as completed, whether it was stopped by the buyer, or finished, you will be paid according to the Milestones completed. For example, if the buyer decides to stop the order after two out of three Milestones have been delivered, the order will be updated to “completed” and you will receive the payment for two out of the three Milestones.

That was closer, but still not…

Can the buyer stop a Milestone order?

Buyers can choose to stop a Milestone order after each Milestone delivery - it does not cancel the previous delivery, however, it stops the order from continuing to the next Milestone. Once the buyer stops the order, they will not be able to resume it. The seller will be paid for the completed Milestones after the order is marked as completed.

Ah-ha!

Can Milestone orders be cancelled?
Yes, but a Milestone within an order or Milestone orders can only be cancelled through Customer Support for valid reasons.

Okay, so, at this point it’s a matter of proving you’ve completed the order to the full scope, have matched the quality of the work shown in your gig, and haven’t violated anything in the ToS.

You said you’ve already reached out to CS, too?

• Like 6

Hmm…

Project Milestones:
  • Custom Offers above $100 may include up to three project milestones. Each milestone is paid and delivered separately in accordance with each Custom Offer’s description and timelines.
  • A milestone is marked as Complete after it is delivered by the Seller and then accepted by the Buyer. A milestone will be automatically marked as complete if no acceptance or request for modification were submitted within 8 days after marked as Delivered, however, in such case the Order will be stopped and all further milestones will be cancelled.
  • Once a milestone is delivered, Buyers may choose to either continue with the Order and pay for the next milestone, or to stop the Order. Please note that if you choose to stop the Order, the current delivered milestone will not be cancelled.

Not quite. Maybe… https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/working-with-milestones

Working-with-milestones

If the Buyer chooses to stop an order (they can do so after each Milestone is delivered), you will be notified not to continuing working on future Milestones.

After the entire order is marked as completed, whether it was stopped by the buyer, or finished, you will be paid according to the Milestones completed. For example, if the buyer decides to stop the order after two out of three Milestones have been delivered, the order will be updated to “completed” and you will receive the payment for two out of the three Milestones.

That was closer, but still not…

Can the buyer stop a Milestone order?

Buyers can choose to stop a Milestone order after each Milestone delivery - it does not cancel the previous delivery, however, it stops the order from continuing to the next Milestone. Once the buyer stops the order, they will not be able to resume it. The seller will be paid for the completed Milestones after the order is marked as completed.

Ah-ha!

Can Milestone orders be cancelled?

Yes, but a Milestone within an order or Milestone orders can only be cancelled through Customer Support for valid reasons.

Okay, so, at this point it’s a matter of proving you’ve completed the order to the full scope, have matched the quality of the work shown in your gig, and haven’t violated anything in the ToS.

You said you’ve already reached out to CS, too?

Hi,

So, I have checked the rules and I should get payment as he accepted 2 of my milestones. I have done what he asked for and every detail is in our conversation. The matter of fact that I am able to provide the scope or not is null and void as he already marked complete 2 designs of mine. But for your information, yes he always kept saying he loves working with me and praised my design. So, now its obvious that something has changed in his mind or even his project and somehow he wants to bring a blow on my head. Though he is taking full blame that its his mistake that he couldn’t make me understand what he wants in actual but also an indirect slap on my face that I failed to achieve his expectation as an artist.

I haven’t write to customer support yet as I sent the client a revised version yesterday and after that I was expecting a response but so far nothing. So, I am going to write to customer care today.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am facing same situation as I have completed 2 milestones but buyer on 3rd milestone want to cancel complete order. I want to ask if I cancel order upon his request will I be paid for first two milestones which are accepted by him already. Simply he is trying to scam me.

Thanks

• Like 5

4 hours ago, husykh said:

I have completed 2 milestones but buyer on 3rd milestone want to cancel complete order.

Why does the Buyer want to cancel?

4 hours ago, husykh said:

I want to ask if I cancel order upon his request will I be paid for first two milestones which are accepted by him already.

6. Can a buyer stop a Milestone order?
 Buyers can choose to stop a Milestone order after each Milestone is accepted; it doesn’t cancel the previous delivery. It does stop the order from continuing to the next Milestone. Once a buyer stops an order, they won’t be able to resume it. You’ll be paid for the completed milestones after the order is marked as completed.
7. Can a Milestone order be canceled?
 Yes, a Milestone within an order, or the whole order, can be canceled through the Resolution Center or through Customer Support, for valid reasons.
 Note: Even if a Milestone order has been canceled but at least one Milestone was completed in the order, the order will still be considered as completed.

Section 3 FAQ: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560178?segment=seller

• Like 4