Fiverr Forum

Need help for best design software

IMPORTANT DESIGN SOFTWARE QUESTION:

Hello friends. I’m at the stage where I would like to make my own logos and directions for products… Is anyone familiar with the different options with Adobe? Illustrator or Photoshop? There are so many different programs and I need a starting point.

I’ve found it to be super helpful to communicate to suppliers and professional designers with images and pictures, rather than having to explain fine details with words (language barrier).

Can anyone provide some insight on the best program/package to get for doing custom images, minor photo editing, and creating vector files. Also looking to spend $100-300 .

My partner and I are relatively new to Adobe and are working on 2008 and 2010 MacBook Pros. We would like a program with either 2 software keys, or to be compatible and able to install on both devices. - Perhaps a program that is simple and easy to learn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Both Photoshop and Illustrator are great options, but they are also powerful in different ways. If you’re looking for the software option most suited for custom images and minor photo editing, go with Photoshop. If you’re looking to work primarily with vector imagery, go with Illustrator.

I recommend starting with Photoshop, mastering it, and then moving on to illustrator. That may prove to be the most efficient option if you’re just starting out.

Thanks Jon. Based on cost and functionality, which version of Photoshop would you recommend? We need to be able to install and use it on 2 computers simultaneously.

Oh, I don’t think I can comment on the price differences. It all depends upon what you yourself need for the work that you want to do. Brand new versions of either Photoshop of Illustrator are going to be a few hundred dollars – a pricey (but valuable) investment to say the least.

On the other hand, you could very easily find an older version of either software on a site like ebay for much less (shop smart, though, obviously). It might not have all of the most up-to-date version features, but it is still more than enough for most professional projects.