Fiverr Forum

Need Help! My Gig isn't there in the searches!

I created my Fiverr account a few months ago. And I recently found that my account/gig is not showing in the searches. Even when i search my username , the gig is not showing. So this way my gig is not at all being displayed in the fiverr and so i wont receive any orders. Can anyone help me with this problem?

When you logged back in. Did you make any changes to your profile before searching? Any edits on your profile can potentially pull you off the search temporarily. I don’t know if Fiverr takes in account activity… maybe?

My gig isn’t in searches either. I don’t know whether editing the gig and saving it would help make it go back into the gig searches? Editing I thought took out of searches but I haven’t edited it for quite a few days I think.

If editing it removes it from searches for a while it would be helpful if Fiverr could add something to let us know things like the last time it was edited, whether it’s in the search engine, and if not when it should be in the search engine. Or something to let us know if we need to contact CS so they can refresh the index or something to fix it.

As a matter of fact , yes I did try to edit my gig… but i had noticed this problem before editing too… Any idea how long does it take for them to appear in the searches after editing?

Yes I agree with you…If that is the case fiverr should inform us about these stuffs as we are unaware of it…

Do you edit your GIG???

If you edit your GIG then you can see after 24 to 48 hours.

I’ve been having the same issue for about 3 months now; I noticed this after my sales dropped to half after a consistent 3 years!

I can’t find my Gigs or my user name using the search box (before and after editing my Gig)

Finally, I decided to contact CS because this is killing me… Still waiting on an answer…!

Finally, I decided to contact CS because this is killing me… Still waiting on an answer…!

Please let us know how it goes and whether we need to contact them to make our gig(s) re-appear in search. Thanks.

Oh so I’m not the only one having this problem, that’s good, I’m a new seller, but when I created my own gig it’s not showing up anywhere.

Is it a specific one or all of them? If it’s a very newly created gig it may take some time to appear in the search index I think. But the problem seems to affect gigs that aren’t new and haven’t been edited for quite a few days too.

Do leave a comment if and when you find the solution!

The best and easiest solution to this as of right now is to just contact CS. It takes only a couple minutes at most. For those of you who have had this problem recur multiple times in the past, I understand that it can be very frustrating (with your impressions and clicks probably taking a hit), but, contacting CS is the best thing to do.

I’ve had this happen to me in the past and I immediately contacted CS. They got back to me within 24 hours with a snapshot attached to the e-mail indicating that they had rectified the situation and that my gig was now showing on the Fiverr website listing.

Thanks. Though it’s not the easiest way for in future if someone wants to quickly see whether their gig is actually in the search index. eg. they’d need to keep seaching for it and browsing through each page to be sure. It would be helpful if A) Fiverr fixed the problem and/or B) provided a simple thing that you could view like a field that told the user whether the gig was in the search index or if not approx when it would be (if ever) and/or C) Automatically re-indexed everything that needed to be. eg. By looping through every gig that isn’t in the index and making sure it is added to to the index if it should be.

Fiverr doing something t fix and the problem and/or re-index everything that needed it would be a lot easier than every seller whose gig didn’t show contacting CS and them responding to every ticket and fixing every gig individually.

This is what I got back:

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your gigs. We are sorry to hear about this and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Every time a Gig is created or updated, it may take our Editorial team a while to review it. It then takes the system up to another 24 hours to start showing it in the search results after it gets approved and your patience is much appreciated.

Please let us know should the issue persist after that and we will be able to investigate further.

I am here for you if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Thanks

They should then have a status to let the seller know. eg. an indexing/search status that says “in search index” or “waiting for review” or “Passed review. Waiting to add to search index” or something like that.

Mine’s been quite a few days since any update as far as I know and I’m sure it was quite a minor update - so it should be easy to see the before and after versions (I think the only the updated was a small change to the image and Fiverr could easily show the before and after images to staff to quickly review if that’s all that’s changed. They could also show the date/time of any last gig update somewhere so the seller is better informed.

They should then have a status to let the seller know. eg. an indexing/search status that says “in search index” or “waiting for review” or “Passed review. Waiting to add to search index” or something like that.

I thought they did, when I first started out here 4 years ago it would tell me if my Gig is under review, or ‘not open for business’… When my Gig said active, I was always on page 1, 2 or 3. After changing things it would tell me “Your Gig is being reviewed”.

Anyways, apparently everytime I change just a word it takes up to 3 days until I reappear in the searches, but not reappearing made me change my Gigs even more, and more frequently. It’s a vicious cycle! :joy:

Thanks everyone for responding and helping out. I’ll update once the issue gets resolved.

The problem was solved in 2 days having contacted the Contact Support. They did look into the matter quickly and replied accordingly. However I did inform them that they should let the sellers know about these activities as to when the gigs will not be available in the searches and when it will be restored. Hopefully they will look into the matter and avoid confusion among many sellers.

One of my Gigs is back in the search, however, my best-selling one isn’t…

One of my gigs is too (though I’m sure it was quite a lot of days after I last edited it) after I raised a support ticket.

However I did inform them that they should let the sellers know about these activities as to when the gigs will not be available in the searches and when it will be restored. Hopefully they will look into the matter and avoid confusion among many sellers.

I made a suggestion like that too (eg. a field/fields that gave info on the status (eg. whether it’s in the index or whether it’s “waiting for review by staff”), last update date/time, something showing when it is expected to be in the index etc.). They said they’d pass my suggestions to the developers.

Though it never shows my gigs if you filter them by “online”. But support doesn’t seem to want to fix that unless I change my browser by installing Chrome. They don’t seem to care if the “online” filter doesn’t work on Firefox.