NEED HELP - Theft or deleting site by the seller on Fiverr / Warning

shoemaniaq

Good evening

I just post my incredible story with a seller on fiverr. I have a professional website that I opened for almost 5 years. I decided to do an update of Fragglesrock. So I found a supplier on fiverr. I relied assessments that provider. These were rather positive. The update has been successfully completed with installation of a new thême. Unfortunately, like any update, there are often worries. So I contacted my problems to the seller who wanted me to close the project when significant bugs appeared. No mail sending or receiving. My menu and also had other problems. Seeing my refusal to close the project, the latter to put my site offline and most worrying is that I just realize I wiped my database site. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me. This person took my site hostage, and asked me to close the project and it will then bring it back online. I do not know what to do anymore. thank you in advance

@shoemaniaq you should not have done that on a live site of that size. I would have tested any updates first on a testbed. Anyway forgetting that I would lock the person out immediately contact your host & restore the database & old site from backup. Anyway you know who I am. you can inbox me if you still have issues with this.

Thank you for your comments . I had a return of the seller. I got access to the site but the site still is not really functional. But I preferred to get the site in this state rather than lose everything. I access the site once in five and I can not do anything back office . I have orders to treat for a while , but I can not see the details. Is that there would be someone who could fix my problem on this site.

This isn’t the first time I have heard of “some” Fiverr sellers who offer to create blogs or update sites etc holding a client hostage if they think they are going to get a bad review due to things being buggy. This is totally wrong and you should report them to Customer Service so it can be looked into. Also, as Crystal said, take the above Top Rated Sellers offer to at least talk to you and perhaps get your site back up and running 100%

GG

Archived