Fiverr Community Forum

Need help understanding Seller "Offers"

Recently I placed an order and the seller stated she would provide these with my order:

2 Logos Included
Include Source File
Logo Transparency
Printable Resolution File
Include 3D Mockup
Include Stationery Designs
Include Social Media Kit
Vector File
unlimited Revisions

Can someone explain what a social media kit is? Can someone explain the difference between a vector file and source file? What does 3D mockup and logo transparency mean?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Likes

hi
a source file…you need. it is the file of the logo. like a .doc is a word document. it is the file of your logo she will make for you.
a vector is like a cartoon picture. go to pixabay.com and type in vectors, and you will see many examples. 3d mockup is an example of a logo that stands out from the page (2d does not stand out, it is a flat picture. ) not sure what is in the soc media kit, maybe information on twitter, fbk, pinterest.

3 Likes

Can someone explain what a social media kit is?
Social media kit is set of images and guidelines how to use a product on social networks.

Can someone explain the difference between a vector file and source file?
Source file should be finished file with editable text in it. Vector file could be non-editable. In Logo design both should be vectors which provides scalability (you may print it on very large formats without losing quality).

What does 3D mockup and logo transparency mean?
3D Mockup is how would your logo look in 3D. Transparency is absence of background color. Useful for placing logo on different background.

25 Likes

The perfect answer, Thumbs up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to be of help…

1 Like

Hi, Please define further what social media kit is. Someone previously stated:

Can someone explain what a social media kit is?
Social media kit is set of images and guidelines how to use a product on social networks.

This is not clear at all, and very vague.
Is it the logo resized for Twitter, YouTube, Facebook? The person I’m working with seems to have no idea.

Thanks,
K

2 Likes

I’m wondering if you ever found out what is a social media kit? Seems like a simple question that should be quick to find.

2 Likes

Don’t pay for social media kit if it’s in the gig extra. No need of social media kit. I don’t give social media kit to clients as it creates confusion . For logo source file and vector file are same things. I myself deliver PNG file jpg and a vector file and put the logo on mockup.

6 Likes

This makes no sense. Gig extras are additional services that can be added to an order. If it is not included within a seller’s package, then yes, it would need to be purchased. And yes, a social media kit might be useful or necessary for some buyers. Fiverr offers it as an optional feature, therefore, it has value, no matter what YOU think of it.

Not necessarily. A source file could be anything from a layered PSD file to a vectorized AI file. They are not the same thing, and sellers are well within their rights to define what they offer as a “source file”.

3 Likes

I too would like to know what a social media kit is & how/where is it useful?

1 Like

You should ask this from the seller you’re about to hire. Even if we tell you what it is, it doesn’t mean that’s exactly what you will get from every seller.

In most cases, it’s a combination of templates meant for social media platforms. It will ensure that your branding is consistent across all channels.

2 Likes

thats really helpful

1 Like