Fiverr Community Forum

Need Help! What should I do?

Right now I am dealing with a buyer who did not like my delivery. This is happening to me for the first time. I have all 5 stars on my gig.
The buyer sent me order requirements after many days. He included SOME information asking me to do the research besides this (research is included in my gig) I did all the things, included the information he provided and for the part of the order he didn’t, I did all the research and included that. From my side work is perfect.
He just sent me a message saying he is extremely upset and disappointed and it bothers him that I did not ask for more information? It is like he wanted me to read his mind. I still apologized and told him that I included whatever he sent me to and did the research as he asked to. How am I supposed to know that he wanted to send me more information? I also told him that he can ask for revisions (even though it was not my fault) but he is just replying rudely. What should I do?

His last text is: I will figure it out,

3 Likes

Yes, this is hard for you.

Well, you’ve delivered, tried to work it out … so I’d just leave it for now until it auto completes.

If he tries to cancel, refuse and quote TOS: “Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Yes I will not cancel the order as i did all the work form my side and even asked him politely to let me know the changes he need and ask for revision but he is not ready for anything. I can see him online but he is not responding or doing anything.
Can he cancel the order from his side? If yes, will he be able to use the work i did, leave a review etc?

He can ask CS to cancel - and they may well do so. Let’s hope he doesn’t ask them.

For now, just leave it - don’t try to contact them any more … just move on and try not to worry (faint hope!)

3 Likes
  • Rude customers differ from unhappy ones in that they can’t control their anger. They are unreasonable, unfriendly, and prone to using verbal abuse, offensive language and threatening behaviour. But you’re in business to serve your customers, so it’s important to try to help them.

• When dealing with rude customers, it’s crucial to control your own emotions and to counteract inflammatory behaviour with calm, considered responses. Try not to take any comments personally. Listen actively to your customer, and apologize if it’s appropriate to do so.

• But stand firm when necessary. As much as you can, deal with problems at the moment.

• After a hostile encounter, give yourself time to recover. Report serious or worrying incidents, seek any support you need from Fiverr

(took it from mindtools)