Need help with an unreasonable costumer

samellis1999

I got a customer in February who wanted me to voice a book for him. No problem. But it’s a long book and it took me a month to record, and I have 30+ hours in recording and editing it for him. The official due time for the gig was May 06th, but he told me that if I try to turn it in before he’s ready that he would have Fiverr cancel the entire order (basically I would do all the work and get nothing). Due to that, I haven’t “turned in it” officially so it’s currently over a month “late” even though I had finished it for him. Now, he is saying that everything’s wrong and he wants me to redo it completely; all 50 chapters over again. But he won’t tell me what wrong with the work I did, error time-stamps, or anything. Somethings he doesn’t respond to me for weeks at a time. I want to get some money for my time and leave it at that. But I have no idea how to do anything without the fear of getting no money for all the time I put into it. I want to talk to a Fiverr representative or someone who can understand the situation and help but I just don’t know what to do. Ideas?

Hmm, the whole thing seems a bit fishy, send CS a message with him saying he will cancel if you deliver it to him early, that just sound stupid. Why wouldn’t you want something early? Having it late will ruin your stats on fiverr, and will let them cancel instantly, hope it goes well.

Hmm, the whole thing seems a bit fishy, send CS a message with him saying he will cancel if you deliver it to him early, that just sound stupid. Why wouldn’t you want something early? Having it late will ruin your stats on fiverr, and will let them cancel instantly, hope it goes well.

Where can I sent CS a message?

Ok, you need to deliver this order ASAP.

When an order is over 24 hours late, the buyer can cancel the order without your acceptance.

If you have done the work then deliver the order.

As mentioned above, do also contact support.

If I submit it, he will cancel it. If I don’t he won’t but he could without my acceptance. Does it give me any advantage/ standing if I submit it to fight if he tries to cancel?

If I submit it, he will cancel it. If I don’t he won’t but he could without my acceptance. Does it give me any advantage/ standing if I submit it to fight if he tries to cancel?

A buyer usually can’t just cancel an order without either your or Fiverr’s permission.

The buyer is breaking the rules by requesting that - deliver it because they can request a revision if they need it open.

A buyer usually can’t just cancel an order without either your or Fiverr’s permission.

The buyer is breaking the rules by requesting that - deliver it because they can request a revision if they need it open.

He could lie to them and get Fiverrs permission. I had an order cancel yesterday that I delivered a month ago! I tried to fight it but it was too late when I got there.

He could lie to them and get Fiverrs permission. I had an order cancel yesterday that I delivered a month ago! I tried to fight it but it was too late when I got there.

I did have a similar one some time back - I argued with support and they refunded me the money. However, this is a big order, the buyer can cancel it at any time they want, even if you redo the whole thing. If they cancel now, you have no rights at all as the order is late. This is likely why the buyer is saying it. They will get the work done exactly as they want and then cancel it. You will have no rights. Support will not help you.

I did have a similar one some time back - I argued with support and they refunded me the money. However, this is a big order, the buyer can cancel it at any time they want, even if you redo the whole thing. If they cancel now, you have no rights at all as the order is late. This is likely why the buyer is saying it. They will get the work done exactly as they want and then cancel it. You will have no rights. Support will not help you.

So, I’m not going to do anymore work. I’m going to turn it in. They can ask for revisions or it’ll get cancelled/ marked complete. I just needed to know everything before acting and It appears that it was what I thought. Thank you so much for everything. I guess I really should have came here a month ago. 😦

So, I’m not going to do anymore work. I’m going to turn it in. They can ask for revisions or it’ll get cancelled/ marked complete. I just needed to know everything before acting and It appears that it was what I thought. Thank you so much for everything. I guess I really should have came here a month ago. 😦

I can’t guarantee that you will be protected - but without delivering it you have no chance.

I agree with everything said. I understand how you feel. With these first time big orders, I call it getting married before you go on a date. I have learned from similar situations. Make the first delivery small enough that you can walk away if the customer just doesn’t like it. It occasionally happens… I know it’s taboo, but I will sent a paragraph sample before I ever take one of those orders that just feels a certain way. That way the customer knows exactly what i am going to do. I do not proceed with revisions unless I have a clear understanding as to what finished looks like. Otherwise, I am concerned that I am digging a deeper time hole. I have rarely cancelled orders. I have had 250 cancelled orders out of 7000 orders. But I have requested a cancellation for less problems than what you described. I believe if they cancel before you have delivered once and it is more than 24 hours late, you will get an automatic 1 star review from the system. Has anyone seen this change? If it is going to be a cancellation anyways, I would deliver the finished work and he will except and review or he will kick it back to you for revisions. If he kicks it back for revisions, you will be in control of the order. Once it is in revision, it can’t be closed out until you deliver again or request a mutual cancellation. If it is mutually cancelled, the buyer can’t leave a public review or rating. Someone kindly correct me if you have experienced the process differently lately. It has been quite a while, so there is hope that this won’t happen often for you.

Archived